Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melbourne Combined Guide
DVB Owners Discussion Forum - dvbowners.com > Software > Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Calvi
The theme could be fixed to force items to line up with the time.

Uryan did one for the Web interface which I use.
I have never found the motivation to do this for the KB interface as it does not bother me enough.
thanatos_6666
Hi there,

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but all the times for channel Ten are incorrect by an hour...

Cheers.
Calvi
Just checked quickly and Ten News is listed correctly starting at 5:00pm EST (GMT +1000)

can you give an example of a wrong item?

CODE
<programme start="20090406170000 +1000" stop="20090406180000 +1000" channel="Ten">
<title lang="en">Ten News</title>
<desc>Ten's headline news broadcast presents all the news that's fit to print, or rather see. 60 minutes (30 on week-ends) of what's happening in the world with an emphasis on social issues, sports events and entertainment industry gossip.</desc>
<category lang="en">News</category>
</programme>
thanatos_6666
Hi Calvi,

I forgot to mention this is the guide from the link: http://mail.lewis.com.au/public/xmltv/xmltv.zip

Thanks for investigating, here's a couple of examples:

CODE
- <programme start="20090406170000 +1000" stop="20090406173000 +1000" channel="Ten">
  <title lang="en">The Simpsons</title>
  <desc>Lisa is promoted to the 3rd grade after scoring highly in a test at school. Barts fails his test and is demoted to the 3rd grade, putting them in the same class together. [Program info # Ten]</desc>
  <category lang="en">None</category>
  </programme>
- <programme start="20090406173000 +1000" stop="20090406180000 +1000" channel="Ten">
  <title lang="en">Neighbours</title>
  <desc>Cass' harassment charge against Paul turns nasty; Ringo quits school and commits to a risky future. [Program info # Ten]</desc>
  <category lang="en">None</category>
  </programme>

QUOTE (Calvi @ Apr 6 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Just checked quickly and Ten News is listed correctly starting at 5:00pm EST (GMT +1000)

can you give an example of a wrong item?

CODE
<programme start="20090406170000 +1000" stop="20090406180000 +1000" channel="Ten">
<title lang="en">Ten News</title>
<desc>Ten's headline news broadcast presents all the news that's fit to print, or rather see. 60 minutes (30 on week-ends) of what's happening in the world with an emphasis on social issues, sports events and entertainment industry gossip.</desc>
<category lang="en">News</category>
</programme>
Calvi
These seem to have fixed themselves today.

Let me know if there are any more.

I've got an issue with my home guide (Some channel 10 items an hour early) but am not home to find the cause and cannot see the same problems in the public guide (although they must be related).
thanatos_6666
Yep, thanks Calvi, they've resolved themselves today!

QUOTE (Calvi @ Apr 7 2009, 09:11 AM) *
These seem to have fixed themselves today.

Let me know if there are any more.

I've got an issue with my home guide (Some channel 10 items an hour early) but am not home to find the cause and cannot see the same problems in the public guide (although they must be related).
ferni
ABC1 is a bit messed up today... it's out about an our in WS.. looks to be because VFL was starting at 13:00, going for 3 hours, but next program started at 15:00.

So maybe VFL was meant to be 2 hours only?
ferni
ABC is out half an hour again tonight.

Also Formula 1 is missing from One SD & One HD (Ten HD in your source i think). Should be on at 11:45pm tonight,but it's showing IPL Cricket...
Calvi
The log says that no changes were made to abc data as far as timezone goes and it looks ok to me? (ie. News at 7:00, The bill at 8:30 etc.)

As for One HD yesterdays guide does have the grand prix at 11:45 for 45 mins (which was correct). It was somewhat hidden by an overlapping IPL at 12:00.
ferni
I am using the latest version of WS (TV Scheduler 1.0). The source i am using is: http://mail.lewis.com.au/public/xmltv/xmltv.zip

I can't see Webscheduler data from yesterday now, but ABC was out by half an hour....

Todays ABC is out again by an hour. It has VFL starting at 13:00 going for 180mins which is correct according to abc website guide. http://abc.com.au/tv/guide/vic/

Then your guide data has Rugby Union starting at 15:00 for 120mins which I can't see at all on the Melbourne ABC Guide. Then from there everything is pushed out by an hour visually (the start times in the text are correct).

Let me know if you need anymore info...

Click to view attachment
Calvi
Then from there everything is pushed out by an hour visually (the start times in the text are correct).

OK, with you now. This has been discussed many times before. If there is an overlap in the source data then WS will display the times shifted.

If you use the epg from my version http://mail.lewis.com.au/public/webschedul...1.0.0.76.JC.zip (epg-calvi.xsl, based on uryans layers.xsl) then the times will always line up.
Calvi
Note: SBS is now named SBS1 and SBS2 has been added to guide.
raym
QUOTE (Calvi @ Jun 14 2009, 09:27 AM) *

Excellent! Nice work.
raym
If there is an overlap in the source data then WS will display the times shifted.

If you use the epg from my version http://mail.lewis.com.au/public/webschedul...1.0.0.76.JC.zip (epg-calvi.xsl, based on uryans layers.xsl) then the times will always line up.

Calvi, are you able to point me to the code that handles this please? I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The reason being is that I'd like to include it in the Keyboard Interface based themes (if possible).

Cheers.
texass44
QUOTE (Calvi @ Jun 14 2009, 09:27 AM) *

Calvi.....you are da MAN. Thanks so much for your ongoing support for the guide......I couldn't live without it.

Cheers......Tex.
Calvi
QUOTE (raym @ Jun 19 2009, 02:13 PM) *
Calvi, are you able to point me to the code that handles this please? I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The reason being is that I'd like to include it in the Keyboard Interface based themes (if possible).

Cheers.

Ryan just changed references to hard Div's. If you run a DIFF against the default xsl you can see the changes. I don't think it will be very relevant to the KB interface as thats quite a bit different.
raym
Hi Calvi. Any chance of getting "Go!" guide data in here? No rush, just thought I'd mention it. Cheers.
Calvi
Yep, just under the pump ATM.
raym
QUOTE (Calvi @ Aug 17 2009, 02:11 PM) *
Yep, just under the pump ATM.

Thanks heaps mate. Much appreciated.
Calvi
No Problem,

Go in guide now, Named Nine Go.

Also added overlap and gap removal to safexmltv.
raym
QUOTE (Calvi @ Aug 22 2009, 02:32 PM) *
No Problem,

Go in guide now, Named Nine Go.

Also added overlap and gap removal to safexmltv.

Thanks a million mate. That's terrific!

The overlap and gap removal seems to be working brilliantly. Thanks again!! I haven't tried with TVSP pro yet, but with WS, I still get the warning (if the message is enabled in the options) but the guide itself continues to look neat and tidy (especially using the kb interface).

Your efforts in this space are greatly appreciated here.

Cheers.
texass44
QUOTE (raym @ Aug 23 2009, 02:52 PM) *
Thanks a million mate. That's terrific!

The overlap and gap removal seems to be working brilliantly. Thanks again!! I haven't tried with TVSP pro yet, but with WS, I still get the warning (if the message is enabled in the options) but the guide itself continues to look neat and tidy (especially using the kb interface).

Your efforts in this space are greatly appreciated here.

Cheers.

Ditto......brilliant work Calvi !!!
raym
Hi Calvi, does this guide incorporate some level of your new overlap and gap removal feature for safexmltv? I assumed it did coz things appeared a lot better but today, I see some pretty crazy alignment issues in Webscheduler/TVSP (kb interface). I re-read your last post and I think you may have only been talking about safexmltv? If so, and given that you're probably using safexmltv to produce this guide anyway, could your default overlap and gap removal settings be applied here?

No stress though, just curious.

Thanks again.
Calvi
Yes it does, it is generated @90% overlaps removed, 0-50% overlaps repaired.

This is fairly aggressive as only 51-89% overlaps will remain in the guide. Typically I find that there is from 0 to 5 overlaps left in the guide for a week.

The guide should look alot better in Webscheduler now.
raym
QUOTE (Calvi @ Sep 10 2009, 09:37 AM) *
The guide should look alot better in Webscheduler now.

It sure does! Thanks for the response.

Cheers.
vergs
Calvi,

Thank you for this service, it's much appreciated. I use it DNTV Scheduler and it has been awesome! Will channel 7 TWO be added to the EPG data?

Cheers,
vergs.
Calvi
Will add it in.

Cheers.
vergs
QUOTE (Calvi @ Nov 9 2009, 09:07 AM) *
Will add it in.

Thanks alot! biggrin.gif
Calvi
7TWO added as of now.

Will be called Seven2
texass44
QUOTE (Calvi @ Nov 16 2009, 03:21 PM) *
7TWO added as of now.

Will be called Seven2

Thanks again Calvi....it's official, you are an absolute LEGEND !!

Cheers mate.
vergs
Calvi,

Would be awesome if you would be able to add ABC3 smile.gif

Once again thanks for all your work in providing the EPG data. biggrin.gif

-vergs
Calvi
Done.

ABC3 should be there Monday Morning.
vergs
QUOTE (Calvi @ Dec 6 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Done.

ABC3 should be there Monday Morning.

WOW! that was fast.

Thanks a million.

-vergs
neojudgment
Hi !!

G'Day

I'm Néo or neojudgment from Brussels (Belgium) !! like you want !

I'm ZGuideTV.NET (EPG) admin/developer ... We are hosted by Microsoft CodePlex

We are currently testing few channels in Melbourne ...

If you want to test send us a message on : admin@zguidetv.net

Thanks

Sorry for my accent wink.gif

Neo ... for ZGuideTV Team
vergs
Calvi,

There is no data for "Ten HD" (One HD) in the program data. Is there an issue?

Regards,
vergs
Calvi
Thanks Vergs,

Each source had changed their name so One HD data was slowly dropping out of the guide.

Should be all sorted as of tomorrow morning.
vergs
QUOTE (Calvi @ Feb 15 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Thanks Vergs,

Each source had changed their name so One HD data was slowly dropping out of the guide.

Should be all sorted as of tomorrow morning.

Thanks, once again. biggrin.gif
texass44
Hi Guys,

I'm using DNTV Scheduler Pro and currently my time is out by an hour. Even though the time is set in Windows to the current time, when I get into Shed Pro the time line is an hour before reality. Hence, recording are misbehaving.

I've had to set my time zone to GMT +11 in Windows to fix it. I'm using Calvi's guide ( brilliant !!!)

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix ??

Thanks in advance.......Tex.
texass44
Hi Calvi,

I've noticed that C31 is finally broadcasting digital.

No pressuer, just asking......any plans for EPG data for C31 ??

Cheers,

Tex.
Calvi
Yep, will add it in, was just waiting for sources to get on board.
Calvi
I have added Channel 31 to the guide so data will be there from now,

but am still waiting for ice to extract their digit before releasing an update to SafeXMLTV.
texass44
QUOTE (Calvi @ Jun 25 2010, 02:57 PM) *
I have added Channel 31 to the guide so data will be there from now,

but am still waiting for ice to extract their digit before releasing an update to SafeXMLTV.

Cheers Calvi,

I'll give it a whirl......thanks again !!!

Tex.
texass44
QUOTE (texass44 @ Jun 28 2010, 04:11 PM) *
Cheers Calvi,

I'll give it a whirl......thanks again !!!

Tex.

Lovely work.....I now have a Ch31 EPG after mapping. Thanks !!!
aristideau
Missing Channel One from Melbourne

Hi, just loaded you schedules (thanks), but I am missing Channel One from Melbourne

any ideas?

here is a screen shot:

regards
AA
Calvi
Ten HD is One.
C0000005
First off, thanks for the guide, it has been great.

Are there plans to add the new 7 mate?

Calvi
Seven HD is 7mate.

Hopefully.
C0000005
QUOTE (Calvi @ Sep 25 2010, 05:51 PM) *
Seven HD is 7mate.

Hopefully.

Oh, cool. Thanks very much.
Calvi
No problem.

Let me know if it's not.

I am trying to avoid the constant name changing, ie.

One HD,
Abc 24,
7 Mate, are all the old HD channels.

And now GEM > will stay Nine HD.

Ch 31 has been added also.
texass44
ok....is it just me or is everybody else's EPG out by an hour now Melbourne's gone to Daylight savings time ? It always seem to happen, then magically fixes itself at some time down the track.

Cheers....Tex.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.