Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melbourne Combined Guide
DVB Owners Discussion Forum - dvbowners.com > Software > Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Calvi
Guide is correct, but make sure both your PC and webscheduler (if thats what you are using) are reporting the correct time.

I had to update java on a computer here that was an hour out to the pc's time.
texass44
QUOTE (Calvi @ Oct 5 2010, 05:55 PM) *
Guide is correct, but make sure both your PC and webscheduler (if thats what you are using) are reporting the correct time.

I had to update java on a computer here that was an hour out to the pc's time.

The PC's time is ok....Windows seems to have adjusted the time forward by the hour ok.

I'll check Java.....that rings a bell. I think I had to do it once before.

Thanks Calvi.
texass44
QUOTE (texass44 @ Oct 5 2010, 06:54 PM) *
The PC's time is ok....Windows seems to have adjusted the time forward by the hour ok.

I'll check Java.....that rings a bell. I think I had to do it once before.

Thanks Calvi.

Thanks Calvi,

I upgraded to Jave 6.21 and pointed DNTV Sched Pro to the new Java location and all is good now after rebooting.

Cheers.....Tex.
vergs
Calvi,

Any chance of getting Channel 11 data added to the EPG data?

Cheers,
vergs
Calvi
Will Do.
vergs
QUOTE (Calvi @ Jan 13 2011, 05:14 PM) *
Will Do.

Thank you very much! biggrin.gif
thanatos_6666
QUOTE (vergs @ Jan 13 2011, 06:07 PM) *

+1! Thanks Calvi!!
qp03
Hi

What would be involved in changing this to run for Brisbane? Thanks.
texass44
QUOTE (thanatos_6666 @ Jan 14 2011, 08:30 PM) *
+1! Thanks Calvi!!

+11.......Thanks again mate..

Calvi.....I really appreciate your efforts to maintain the guide, you're a champ !!

Cheers....Tex.
Calvi
QUOTE (vergs @ Jan 13 2011, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE (thanatos_6666 @ Jan 14 2011, 08:30 PM) *
+1! Thanks Calvi!!

QUOTE (texass44 @ Jan 16 2011, 04:59 PM) *
+11.......Thanks again mate..

Calvi.....I really appreciate your efforts to maintain the guide, you're a champ !!

Cheers....Tex.

Thanks all, Eleven is now in.

QUOTE (qp03 @ Jan 15 2011, 10:16 PM) *
Hi

What would be involved in changing this to run for Brisbane? Thanks.

Not sure what you mean,
If you are asking for a Brisbane guide then No, I supply Melbourne only as I need it for myself and am happy to provide and maintain it.

if you are referring to SafeXMLTV then ask in the other thread and I am happy to help out in any way getting it configured for Brisbane for you.
http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?show...0&start=300

coylum
Thanks Calvi....

As a "newbie" to TV Schedulers and EPG's I was sent a link to your site via DTV Forums:

If it's a Melbourne based guide you want, look no further than

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=8605

Be sure to heap praise on CALVI, he has done a great job providing this EPG data....

Cheers......Tex.

So here I am "heaping praise"! Your efforts in setting up and maintaining this EPG are much appreciated...

This is exactly what I have been looking for to use with TV Scheduler Pro and my Hauppauge Nova TD 500 tuner

Thanks again...
Calvi
Thanks HEAPS for the praise!
Mark Walsh
Melboure xml link is now forbidden over past 48 hours.
I cannot access Calvi's glorious zip file.
Probably just temporary.
You don't appreciate what you have till it is gone.
Calvi
Server upgrades, will sort it out Monday.
onceler
Calvi, I can't believe I've been relying on this guide for an amazing nine years. The fact that you've kept it going for so long is truly amazing. Thanks for supporting my viewing habits for so long.

The guide does not appear to have updated since Oct 3rd though. Has something broken?

Cheers

Once.
Calvi
Thanks for the headsup,

should be sorted again.

JC.
onceler
QUOTE (Calvi @ Oct 17 2016, 05:50 PM) *
Thanks for the headsup,

should be sorted again.

JC.

You're a legend!

Thank you.
vergs
Calvi,

The XML file appears to only have ABC channel data.

Cheers,
vergs
Calvi
Thanks for the heads up

Should be all sorted now.
vergs
QUOTE (Calvi @ Nov 5 2016, 02:58 PM) *
Thanks for the heads up

Should be all sorted now.

Thank you smile.gif
DrP
I've noticed the URL is returning an error again whilst poking around EPG data from certain web sites.

If anyone is interested in a roll your own guide it's fairly easy to pull the data from the freeview web site now that they've rejigged it (yet again). Basically you can can pull an XML file (not in xmltv format) for each channel in a given area building the file name by combining the DVB network ID, transport stream ID and program (channel) ID. This information cab be readily harvested from say a DVB channel scan with a PC or by viewing the freeview website epg pages with the web browsers debug console open. The xml file includes program times, titles, episode titles, brief summary, series and episode numbers and crid information too and is fairly easy to sift and generate a very useful xmltv file from. I've done up a hack script for my own use but if you ask nicely CALVI might write up something more user friendly for people to download and run on their own PCs directly.

Heck, if it comes to it I could probably do up a script to run daily on my raspberry pi and upload the xmltv file to somewhere for people to download.

CODE
NID TSIDPID

http://www.freeview.com.au/XML/new_XML/101309200938 = RACING.COM guide data for Mackay QLD

A HTTP head get can be done against the files to see if they have changed since the last fetch to lessen the load on their server.

snippet of xml returned from the site

CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <listings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Freeview-HWW.xsd" creation_time="2016-12-11T19:04:13">
        <service service_name="9Gem" network_name="SCA" default_authority="crid://mackay.2.sca.au" service_group="SCA" hww_id="406568" affiliate_id="GEM" service_type="TV">
            <schedule>
                <programme genre="Comedy" subgenre=""  classification="(PG)" program_type="series">
                    <title>Are You Being Served?</title>
                    <synopsis>Ordered to cooperate in the store&apos;s German themed week, the Grace Brothers&apos; staff try to find a way to get into the Teutonic spirit.</synopsis>
                    <program_id>159723</program_id>
                    <event_id>82200355</event_id>
                    <crid crid_type="programme" crid_value="/15888D3_5"></crid>
                    <date_time_duration date_time_value="2016-12-10T14:05:00Z" duration="00:45"></date_time_duration>
                    <series episode_number="6" season_number="3">
                        <title>Are You Being Served?</title>
                        <episode_title>German Week</episode_title>
                        <synopsis></synopsis>
                        <crid crid_type="series" crid_value="/15888"></crid>
                    </series>
                    <media>
                        <filename>420321_9gem_16x9.png</filename>
                    </media>
                    <highlight dont_miss="false" coming_up="false" catch_up="false" />
                    <blackout></blackout>
                    <catch_up>
                        <link type="HbbTV"></link>
                    </catch_up>
                    <cast>Mollie Sugden, John Inman, Frank Thornton</cast>
                </programme>
DrP
If anyone is still reading dvbowners...

With the removal of the freeview MHEG program guide from the broadcasts I've setup a homebrew XMLTV generator on my RPI to provide data for a friend. It's very much a test thing, it may eat your homework, it may elope with your daughter, it could even cause the breakup of the EU. I you'd like to give it a go, please post here. The XML will be updated once a day (the underlying data I'm using as a source is updated every two hours, but I don't want to hammer it). All I'll need is your town + state so I know what broadcasts are in your area. If the script turns out to be workable I'll publish it here so people can run it themselves to produce the XML locally.
onceler
Hi Calvi,

I'm getting an error trying to download the guide. ("No data found in source. Exiting" from WebScheduler). Appears to have been that way since sometime last week.

No urgency. Appreciate you providing such a wonderful and enduring free service.

Cheers

Once
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.