Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Ac3 Audio Working With Dw2.0.7.* ?
DVB Owners Discussion Forum - dvbowners.com > Technical & Development Forums > DigitalWatch Development
snerkle
Can anyone who has AC3 audio working with DW2.0.7.* please share the details of thier config.

Cheers
Snerkle.
bear
QUOTE (snerkle @ Jun 17 2006, 10:34 AM) *
Can anyone who has AC3 audio working with DW2.0.7.* please share the details of thier config.

Cheers
Snerkle.

Have you tried a different decoder for the AC3 media type in the A-V Decoders settings menu?
snerkle
Bear,
I'm trying both ffdShow Audio decoder and the NVidia Purevideo audio decoder. Both work as expected from my preferred media player; ZoomPlayer 4.0

I'm suspect I don't rellay understand how DW2 is building and managing its filter graphs.

With Channel Zapping - On: I'm not seeing it change Audio filters when I've got a different filter set for MPEG2 Audio vs. AC3 as I move between services on the same network.

With Channel Zapping -Off: I can't even get it to play an HD service, so I can't really test my thinking.

I also can't figure out for myself how DW2 handles a service that has both MPEG2 Audio and AC3 Audio available. I don't see any setting or event manually select a particular audio stream, so I guess DW2 has its own automatic way of choosing.

I have to admit I don't have the DirectX SDK loaded these days, so I don't have GraphEdit on hand to look at the Filter Graph at tun time, I'm simply going by the list of filters presented by DW2 when I hit 'F' in Watch TV mode.

Cheers,
Snerkle.
bear
hi snerkle,
With Channel Zapping - On: I'm not seeing it change Audio filters when I've got a different filter set for MPEG2 Audio vs. AC3 as I move between services on the same network.

With Channel Zapping -Off: I can't even get it to play an HD service, so I can't really test my thinking.
Channel zapping works by re-using the same decoders if they support a media type change, this means that it doesn't need to rebuild the graph which is what happens with zapping disabled, hence much quicker. If your not getting video on the HD service then try a different video decoder.

I also can't figure out for myself how DW2 handles a service that has both MPEG2 Audio and AC3 Audio available. I don't see any setting or event manually select a particular audio stream, so I guess DW2 has its own automatic way of choosing.
ATM there is no common feature to change audio streams, the mpeg audio stream is selected first by default, then AC3 if no mpeg. If your in timeshift mode or play mode you can use the "U" key to get a list of the streams and you can choose which stream form there.
When channel zapping it will choose the stream thats common to the current audio pin, i.e. if watching HD/AC3 service then when you change to a SD/Mpeg/AC3 service then it will maintain the AC3 stream, if you then go to a SD/Mpeg service then it will switch to the Mpeg audio stream. If you then select a SD/Mpeg/AC3 service then it will maintain the mpeg audio stream.

both FFShow & Purevideo seem to work fine for me, just make the same decoder for all audio streams if possible.
snerkle
Time for closure on this one.

The solution was:
If using SPDIF output it is much better to use the Default WaveOut Device audio renderer.

For your chosen AC3 audio codec, make the following change in your Decoders.xml settings:

<AudioRenderer name="Default WaveOut Device" />

<InputFilter name="insert correct name here" />
<Connect>
<From name="insert correct name here" />
<To name="Default WaveOut Device" />

Changes in RED

Making this simple change fixed my AC3 problems.

There are plenty of references on the web regarding using the WaveOut renderer in preference to DirectSound for SPDIF output. One of the more detailed ones accompanies ReClock http://reclock.free.fr/ but that's a whole other conversation.

Cheers,
Snerkle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.