Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DigitalWatch causing pink playback of .mpg
DVB Owners Discussion Forum - dvbowners.com > Technical & Development Forums > DigitalWatch Development
TT-Boy
I have a problem with Digitalwatch that causes my .MPG's to playback (using Media player Classic and WMP) to have a pinkish tinge

If I re-boot the PC and play the .MPG's it's fine.

If I then open up DW and watch TV for a bit and close it down it seems to affect the Directshow playback.

I can go into MPC and change Directshow from System Defaults to VMR9 or 7 (renderless) and this fixes it but I get a strange image tear at the top of the screen (so I don't manual set this normally)

I have tried all sorts of codec's and filters but can't fix it.

Same thing happens in WMP but obviously you can't change the directshow settings with it (as far as I know)

Playback of Divx's and Xvid's are also affected.

Can anyone help me?

p.s. I'm running Win2003 + SP1 & Powerdvd6 & ATI Radeon Card.
ZeB
I've got the exact same problem. DigitalWatch seems to change the overlay settings.

Overlay settings in my nvidia drivers (the bar with the strange value is saturation):

I'm also on Win2003 (swedish), Geforce4 MX440.
nate
DigitalWatch sets the overlay controls using the values specified in the settings.ini file
CODE
DefaultBrightness = 750
DefaultContrast = 10000
DefaultHue = 0
DefaultSaturation = 10000
DefaultGamma = 1

According to the microsoft docs these should be the correct default values, but some video card drivers get it wrong so you might need to tinker with settings.ini to find more suitable values.
ZeB
QUOTE (nate @ Apr 26 2005, 12:14 PM)
DigitalWatch sets the overlay controls using the values specified in the settings.ini file
CODE
DefaultBrightness = 750
DefaultContrast = 10000
DefaultHue = 0
DefaultSaturation = 10000
DefaultGamma = 1

According to the microsoft docs these should be the correct default values, but some video card drivers get it wrong so you might need to tinker with settings.ini to find more suitable values.

Hi Nate!

I've already played around with these values and they seem to work just fine.
Example: I set saturation to 200% in the overlay settings, start digitalwatch and look at the settings again, they say 100% (DefaultSaturation = 10000). But when I close DigitalWatch and look at the settings again they say 91456%. It only occurs after I close DigitalWatch.
TT-Boy
Nate,
Video colour looks fine when watching DW with the default values.

It's only after you exit the program and then try to play a .AVI or .MPG on your system that shows the pink video.

If I then manually change the DirectShow to VMR9 it goes away.

Cheers,
nate
Ok. That's strange then. I don't know why that's happening.
TT-Boy
The only thing I can come up with is Filters.

Can some one tell me what filters I Do or Don't need?
(this is a list of filters I have picked up over the years of playing with my Visionplus card)

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\TSFileSource.ax
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\filewriter.ax
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Mpgmux.ax
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MpegWriter.ax
regsvr32 HDTVPump.ax

regsvr32 \windows\system32\msdvbnp.ax
regsvr32 \windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax
regsvr32 \windows\system32\psisrndr.ax
regsvr32 \windows\system32\mpeg2data.ax
regsvr32 proppage.dll

I also have installed DWSP1.exe

Do you need to install WinDTV SDK?

Thanks,
nate
I highly doubt it's one of those filters that's causing the problem.

If i read you first post correctly you say you've tried more than one video decoder in DW with no difference. Have you tried a video decoder entry that uses the VMR9 or VMR7 instead of the overlay mixer?
ZeB
QUOTE (nate @ Apr 28 2005, 12:28 PM)

If i read you first post correctly you say you've tried more than one video decoder in DW with no difference. Have you tried a video decoder entry that uses the VMR9 or VMR7 instead of the overlay mixer?

If I use WMR-9 this does not happen but the overlay settings in my nvidia drivers doesn't seem to effect the WMR-9 at all.

If I use WMR-7 this does not happen. The overlay settings in my nvidia drivers effect VMR-7.

Are there any drawbacks if I use WMR-7 or WMR-9? I remember that I had some tv-out issues but I can't remember what it was smile.gif
TT-Boy
QUOTE (ZeB @ Apr 29 2005, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (nate @ Apr 28 2005, 12:28 PM)

If I use WMR-9 this does not happen but the overlay settings in my nvidia drivers doesn't seem to effect the WMR-9 at all.

If I use WMR-7 this does not happen. The overlay settings in my nvidia drivers effect VMR-7.

Are there any drawbacks if I use WMR-7 or WMR-9? I remember that I had some tv-out issues but I can't remember what it was smile.gif

I use DVI into a Plasma TV and if I use VMR-7 or 9 the top of the screen tares and you get a staircase affect across the top of the screen. Its hard to see unless you know its there. (therefore I can only use overlay)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.