Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BDA DigitalWatch with DVICO support
DVB Owners Discussion Forum - dvbowners.com > Technical & Development Forums > DigitalWatch Development
nate
DigitalWatchBDA0724.zip

This zip file only contains a new DigitalWatch.exe file
To install replace DigitalWatch.exe from a DW 0.701 installation.

To use with the spectrums THDTV drivers set DVBInput=5 in settings.ini
To use with the DVICO BDA drivers set DVBInput=6 in settings.ini

Now and Next, and Timeshifting are not implemented.

TS Mux Recording is implemented, but in the limited testing i did the resulting file was often corrupt. I use WS for all my recordings so i'm not spending any more time on recording in this version of DW.

In both DVBInput 5 and 6 modules i've re-enabled the reading of signal quality and strength. It seems to be working for the VP, but I'm not sure what it does for the DVICO.

This exe should still work with the twinhan drivers in DVBInput 1, 2, and 4 modes, but i havn't tested it.

This isn't an official release. I'm not putting this version or it's source code on the DW website. If you want the source then email me and i'll send it to you.

For those with a DVICO that have never used DW before you'll need to create yourself a channels.ini file. The scanchannels.exe program that comes with DW0.701 will not work with the DVICO card so you'll have to do it manually. There's information about the file format in the docs, and there are a few threads on here where people have posted example channels.ini files.
Lindsay
Has anyone else has tried this

What CODECs should I be using? Can the DVico CODECs be used, if so, does anyone have audio.ini and video.ini to share.

I ma at the poing where DW appears to be functioning albeit without Video or audio. The app starts without error and I can change channels. I'm using the AC3Filter and GPL MPEG1/2 video Filter or Cyberlink DTV Video Filter.

Lindsay
JoeyBloggs
You cannot use the Dvico codec's outside of FusionHDTV period. They will either not load, fail to start or crash your application dry.gif I used the Moonlight codec's IIRC but there is no reason why other PVA MPEG2 codec's couldn't be used afaik.
Lindsay
I rebooted my PC and DW is now functioning. I still have to get a few VPIDs and APIDS sorted out. I can get them off my son who has my old POS VisionPlus.

I'm using the AC3Filter and GPL MPEG1/2 video Filter. I might try some more combos.

I have noticed that there is a pause about 1/2 a sec into a channel change, them maybe a couple more, then Ok. I'll keep on testing.

Lindsay
BigH
DigitalWatchBDA0724 working fine for me on both my PCs with Spectrum Drivers and VP cards. Goodonya Nate for the 100th time.
jb007
QUOTE (nate @ Sep 9 2004, 03:36 PM)
In both DVBInput 5 and 6 modules i've re-enabled the reading of signal quality and strength. It seems to be working for the VP, but I'm not sure what it does for the DVICO.

Hi nate

The Quality always stays at 0, whilst the Signal works (varies ~ 22000) with the Dvico.

jb007
Lindsay
The Quality always stays at 0, whilst the Signal works (varies ~ 22000) with the Dvico.

Same here for me!

Lindsay
Champion_R
Has anyone tried this out with the DVICO Lite?
Lindsay
I'm wondering how many have tried DW with the DVico Full!

I have, and it is working fine except for one MAJOR problem. Twice now, I have had a Hard lock and have had to resort to the 5 second power button reset. This has only ever occurred on my PC when DW has been running. And it has only occurred after between 1/2 to 1 hour of DW use.

The first time, coincidentally, after restarting it would not boot and asked for a boot disk.

So it was with a fair bit of trepidation that I restarted my PC just now. Everything seems fine. I'v just rebuilt it, so I didn't want to go through that again.

So I would be interested to hear of others experiences.

Lindsay
renura

Hi Lindasy,

I have used it and have not encountered such a problem.

Cheers

Renura
kenneth
QUOTE (renura @ Sep 18 2004, 09:11 PM)

Hi Lindasy,

I have used it and have not encountered such a problem.

Cheers

Renura

No problems here either (other than a slight pause 2 seconds in and Win causes some Video Codecs to put a 4:3 Aspect ratio before it goes to 16:9 (damn Win)).
Spoonfed
Yeah works fine with full dvico card........ though VP kicks its butt in channel changing speed! smile.gif
gshcarter
Just a mention that, for me, full TS capture (captureformat = 1) seems to work.
Chage
Just wondering if a new scanchannels.exe will be available soon? the current one does not appear to work with my BDA drivers, and channel ten has a nasty habit of changing PIDs every 4 weeks here
JustCallMeFrank
Popped it into the Digitalwatch directory I had from my HTPC with the Visionplus, changed the DVBInput and voila she worked. Had one blue screen, but I didn't quite catch what it was, hasn't happened since, but now I have to work out why the Fusion card has glitches on this PC. sad.gif
gshcarter
Another quick point. It could be the decoder I'm using (though Ive tried several) but I've noticed that, using the Fusion, I can hear minor but regular breaks in the audio with SD channels. Does anyone else notice this? I guess this problem could already be addressed in DWII but it might be good to work it out beforehand if not. Perhaps this could also be related to bad TSMux captures as well.
moth1
Which drivers for the DVICO Fusion HDTV Full are you using with DW 724?
I am using DVICO 3 beta 2 and DW724 doesn't work for me.
henry tseng
DW724 can't work with TwinHan BDA driver 1.2.1.2 nor 1.2.1.4 , anyone get this problem ? Or TwinHan BDA driver not support yet for DW724?
JoeyBloggs
To change DigitalWatchBDA to work with any set of drivers you need to change the following sections in DVBSourceBDA.cpp

in
BOOL DVBSourceBDA::AddSourceFilters(IGraphBuilder* piGraphBuilder, IMediaControl* piMediaControl)

CODE
// BDA Tuner Filter
if (FAILED(hr = AddFilterByName(m_piGraphBuilder, m_pBDATuner.p, KSCATEGORY_BDA_NETWORK_TUNER, L"Twinhan DVB PCI Tuner Filter")))
{
    ErrorMessageBox("Cannot load Tuner Device");
    DestroyAll();
    return FALSE;
}

// BDA Capture Filter
if (FAILED(hr = AddFilterByName(m_piGraphBuilder, m_pBDACapture.p, KSCATEGORY_BDA_RECEIVER_COMPONENT, L"Twinhan DVB PCI Capture Filter")))
{
    ErrorMessageBox("Cannot load Capture Device");
    DestroyAll();
    return FALSE;
}

and in

HRESULT DVBSourceBDA::RemoveExcessFilters()

CODE
if ((wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"Network Provider"                      ) != 0) &&
 //(wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"THDTV DVB-t BDA Tuner Filter"          ) != 0) &&
 //(wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"THDTV DVB-t BDA Capture Filter"        ) != 0) &&
 //(wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"FusionHDTV, BDA DVB-T Tuner/Demod"     ) != 0) &&
 //(wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"FusionHDTV, Transport Stream Capture"  ) != 0) &&
    (wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"Twinhan DVB PCI Tuner Filter"          ) != 0) &&
    (wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"Twinhan DVB PCI Capture Filter"        ) != 0) &&
    (wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"Infinite Pin Tee"                      ) != 0) &&
    (wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"BDA MPEG-2 Demultiplexer"              ) != 0) &&
    (wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"MPEG-2 Demultiplexer"                  ) != 0) &&
    (wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter") != 0) &&
    (wcscmp(FilterInfo.achName, L"MPEG-2 Sections and Tables"            ) != 0))
{
    hr = m_piGraphBuilder->RemoveFilter(piFilter);

piFilter.Release();

piEnumFilters.Release();
    hr = m_piGraphBuilder->EnumFilters(&piEnumFilters);
}
else
{
    piFilter.Release();
}
henry tseng
Thanks for the message JoeyBloggs , since i don't have the source on hand i can't have it test right now , thanks anyway.
nate
All available DW source code is at http://nate.dynalias.net/DigitalWatch/files/
datkins
Nate,
Any chance of DW 725 with just this change.
It seems that the Twinhan Driver may be better on slower CPU systems, than Spectrum (who was good enough to write it)

Thanks
Damon.

PS Why does it need to be hard coded, how does showshifter work, MS MCE work etc, do they hard code a set of drivers.
May be have a setting.ini TunerFilterName and CaptureFilterName ????? If that will work. ????? How does Graph Edit place the filters under "BDA Receiver Componet" and "DBA Source Filters" ??
nate
Any chance of DW 725 with just this change.
.725 already exists. It's the one with DNTV Live support.
Since adding DNTV Live support i've decided i won't do any more work on DW1 and i'll concentrate on getting DW2 done, but if anyone else want's to do it then i have no problem with that.

Why does it need to be hard coded
It doesn't need to be hard coded, but BDA was a hack in DW and to get it all working dynamically was going to be a pain, so thats why i've started from scratch with DW2.
arctophile
I am using DVICO Lite, and it said device not found using DVBInput = 6, so I downloaded the VisionPlus codec pack on the digitalwatch page, then tried DVBInput = 2. Now it launches ok, but i get an "unknown error trying to lock channel".

Should I try different codecs? Do I need to get rid of the visionplus ones, and if so how?

TIA,

//Adam F
nate
Hahahahaha. It's amazing what some people will try when they don't know what they're doing. (I'm not having a go at you arctophile. I'm just amused)

DVBInput mode 2 is for Twinhan cards with twinhan drivers. There's no way you'll get it working with your DVICO.
What was the exact error message when you tried using DVBInput 6? Perhaps you have a different version of drivers that use different names that DVBInput 6 was coded to use.
gshcarter
This is what happens when people get desperate while waiting for DWII tongue.gif Hell, I'm even trying a filter to watch live DVB inside ZoomPlayer. blink.gif I won't as how things are going - I don't want to distract you... wink.gif
bear
hi chaumurky,

I'm certian that DWII will be well worth the wait, DWI works just fine for me, even without time shifting and the other stuff under BDA, but I would like to say that I think that things are still moving along well and at nate's pace.

ATM nate has just done some great work to help develop a TS File Source filter that has the potential for timeshifting as well as many other possibilities such as DSNetworking files over the lan and file remuxing on the fly. I hope that we will all see some more DWII progress from his development.
arctophile
Heh, I admit I didn't go into it too deeply before posting - lazy i guess, but also sick of the fusion viewer with its choppiness and sound dropouts (hope it's not the hardware).

Exact error is:
AddFilterByName: Failed to find matching filter.

Drivers are 3.0b2.

//Adam F
arctophile
I just went back to 2.70.02 drivers, which were current at the time of your 1st post in this forum, and it works.

Jerkiness is still there, but I'm guess it's a card problem or something to do with the rest of my hardware, because the reception is strong.

Thanks nate.

//Adam F
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.