Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DigitalWatch with VisionPlus USB-TER
DVB Owners Discussion Forum - dvbowners.com > Technical & Development Forums > DigitalWatch Development
fred
Hi all,
I've got a laptop and have purchased the visionplus USB-TER module. The software that came with it is basically quite appalling, so I have been keen to try to get digital watch to work with the module. But digital watch doesn't seem to work with the USB-TER module. It seems to not detect it when using the scan channel program. The get_HWInfo() function returns HW_ERROR instead of HW_DTT_FTA_CARD .

When I hand enter the channel settings and use DigitalWatch I get a lock error. The LockChannel() function returns 0 and times out. The graph building and everything else seems to work fine. But when the program tries to access the USB-TER module it gets error responses.....

Anyone have any suggestions? Am I doing something obviously wrong?
JoeyBloggs
The drivers for the VisionPlus USB-TER are not supported by TwinHan's SDK. Nor are there BDA drivers available for it. Hence DigitalWatch, Web Scheduler etc will NOT be able to work with it.
rumpole
There is a linux driver available for the USB version. If you're familiar with linux it's a way of running a different application from what twinhan have given you.

If you want to follow it up, details under 'linux' section of the forum.
darro
This is anwsered in the FAQ here

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=814#VPusb

I will make clarification that this is Third Party Windows software.

Cheers
Darren
fred
Thanks for the info. Missed that bit in the FAQ. Ah, well, I guess I'm stuck with the VisionPlus software then. The linux solution, though a good idea, won't work for me as I'm running Windows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.