Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TV Scheduler Pro JC
DVB Owners Discussion Forum - dvbowners.com > Software > WebScheduler
Calvi
This is thread for the latest TV Scheduler Pro builds by me.

I have been fixing bugs, adding features etc to my builds and have now made them full installers and added the build to the sourceforge download page... https://sourceforge.net/projects/tvschedulerpro/

I have also reinstated the forums there TV Scheduler Pro Forums (down due to sourceforge ending hosted apps) so questions can be asked there (if DVB is down) or here.

The changelog for all versions since the last Null pointer build (184 from 2010-03-27) are below...

CODE
Version JC.279
1. Added ability to fine tune "Created From" and "Ignored" schedule matching.
"guide.item.cfmatch.inexact" sets whether to use inexact matching for "Created From" guide items (Default = False, i.e. exact matching)
"guide.item.cftol.start" sets the minutes a schedule must start within to be considered the same guide item it was "Created From" (default=0)
"guide.item.cftol.duration" sets the minutes the duration can vary by to be considered the same guide item it was "Created From" (default=0)
"guide.item.igmatch.inexact" sets whether to use inexact matching for "Ignored" guide items (Default = False, i.e. exact matching)
"guide.item.igtol.start" sets the minutes a schedule must start within to be considered the same guide item to "Ignore" (default=0)
"guide.item.igtol.duration" sets the minutes the duration can vary by to be considered the same guide item to "Ignore" (default=0)
Note: All settings to False/0 will replicate the behaviour of all previous TVSP versions.
2. Tidied up General Options.

Version JC.278
1. Set service to not interact with desktop as per http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=12382&view=findpost&p=81230
2. Fixed Calvi epg theme to select under scheduled items correctly at different screen widths.
3. Updated Stationdata to ACMA 1st July 2014 values.

Version JC.277
1. Fixed EPG Display, (Thanks Dave Benham).
2. Updated all Australian Stations (Re-Stacked) as per http://www.acma.gov.au/~/media/Radiocommunications%20Licensing%20and%20Telecommunications%20Deployment/Publication/pdf/TVRadio_Handbook_tv_9%20pdf.pdf.
3. Added Short Single City File to Install.
4. Compiled and tested with Java 1.8 (Then re-compiled with 1.7u55 to maintain compatibility with Windows XP)

Version JC.276
1. Fixed "Service Not Running" error.

Version JC.275
1. Major overhaul of KBinterface, item lists now scale with screen resolution, new schedule views etc, list numbers are maintained correctly etc.
2. Removed old themes from this distribution. (These can easily be retained for an existing installation , but have made many changes and am not testing old themes.)
3. Fixed bug with KB filelist show.
4. Updated xmltv.dtd file.
5. Upgraded Wrapper to Version 3.5.22
6. Changes to install script to recommend calvi themes and to remove wrapper install delay with Windows 8.1

Version JC.274
1. Improved KB interfaces (Schedule, AA List and File Manager (Calvi Version)).

Version JC.273
1. Added subtitle to epg reload logs.

Version JC.272
1. Made Channel and Repeat=False options for Auto-Add creation (Set these in general properties).

Version JC.271
1. Updated Adelaide Station Data as per http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=12381&hl=
2. Changed to SVN Version Number

Version JC.184.9
1. Made KBEPG (Calvi theme) channels fixed width to better cope with different resolutions.
2. Incorporated NSIS installer.
3. Upgraded Wrapper to Version 3.5.17
4. Compiled with Java x86 1.7u15

Version JC.184.8
1. Fixed bug in EPG with apostrophes breaking navigation (in KB interface).
2. Added Actors, Directors and Ignored to Capture Details.
Thanks Ralf (raym) for pointing out above bugs/missing items.

Version JC.184.7
1. Added the "End Buffer EPG Addition" Time to the "Add Time" function for both Web and KB interfaces.
2. Added Filewriter 1.0.0.259 fix by Nate: http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=12232

Version JC.184.6
1. Fixed KB Schedules bug where 1 character names not shown in schedule list.

Version JC.184.5
1. Fixed bug in Title, Subtitle Or Description EPG Matchlist matching.
2. Added some further instructions for Regex Matching.

Version JC.184.4

1. Added Title, Subtitle Or Description option to EPG Matchlists, Acts like quicksearch.
2. Added Subtitles to EPG Matchlist Matches Display and Watchlist Displays, easier to read results.
3. Added Duration span matching to EPG Matchlists, can now match durations, eg < 1 hour, 1 to 2 hours etc. This is done by splitting the Span match into two types (Start) and (Duration).

Version JC.184.3

1. Calvi KB theme included
  a. Different look and layout to display more on screen and have less clicks to items.
  b. Improved Search KB with numbers etc.
  c. wrap around scrolling on all menus.
  d. Various other tweaks.

2. Calvi EPG theme included
  a. Times are locked to start time.
  b. detection for iPad (Safari) and workaround for scrolling not working on such
  c. Different layout to display more on a smaller screen.

3. Ability to select in general settings no channel name in auto-add names.
4. Ability to quicksearch by title, subtitle, description or any in epg.
5. Ability to search by title, subtitle, description or any in kb interfaces. (simple, default and calvi).
6. Fixed KB search so that results are returned with direct links to item, current matches initiate a second search by title.
7. Ability to epgmatchlist by subtitle.
8. Added subtitle info to log file.

The download location is...https://sourceforge.net/projects/tvschedule...latest/download
raym
Thanks heaps for your continued efforts in keeping this great program alive.
dezzy
Another vote of thanks from a grateful user.
Calvi
Cheers,

Released

Version JC.272
1. Made Channel and Repeat=False options for Auto-Add creation (Set these in general properties).
Johnnyboy
Apologies for posting here, but I'm uncertain where to ask for help with TV Scheduler Pro. I posted two months ago on the Sourceforge project forums but my post is still marked as "awaiting moderation".

As of late I'm getting strange XML parse exceptions when loading/reloading xmltv data (generated from dvbguide.exe), resulting in a broken EPG page (which takes forever to load, during which time the java.exe process is consuming 25% CPU). The exceptions in the scheduler.log look similar to this:

2013/08/10 20:21:36.000 :- Loading XMLTV data from data\xmltv\650000.xml
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "rogramme>
<progra"
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at GuideStore.parseDate(GuideStore.java:1027)
at GuideStore.parseProgram(GuideStore.java:1073)
at GuideStore.recurseXMLData(GuideStore.java:950)
at GuideStore.loadXMLdata(GuideStore.java:677)
at GuideStore.loadXMLTV(GuideStore.java:343)
at EpgDataRes.reloadXMLTVdata(EpgDataRes.java:1773)
at EpgDataRes.getResponse(EpgDataRes.java:49)
at HTTPRequest.sendResponseData(HTTPRequest.java:124)
at RequestObject.run(RequestObject.java:144)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2013/08/10 20:21:38.218 :- Epg.sof saved.

When clicking "reload EPG data" in the UI, I'm getting a very strange list of programs, and the incorrect information that the earliest entry found was dated Thu Jan 01 01:00:00 CET 1970.

CODE
Loading XMLTV data from data\xmltv\546000.xml
Ignored Programs : 0

Earliest Entry : Thu Jan 01 01:00:00 CET 1970
Latest Entry : Thu Aug 15 16:00:00 CEST 2013

Number of Categories Found : 11

Current EPG Data Set
(/program    : 1
(title la    : 1
0x20` user=`0    : 1
Barnkanalen/SVT24    : 580
Kunskapskanalen    : 55
SVT1 Halland    : 206
SVT1 V�st    : 205
SVT2 Halland    : 170
SVT2 V�st    : 170
ramme) (p    : 1
rmaste v�n.    : 1
ry lang=`en`)    : 1

Saving loaded EPG data

Attached are three xml files, generated with the latest version of dvbguide.exe (0.96) using the following commands:

CODE
dvbguide -c546000 -o data\xmltv\546000.xml
dvbguide -c522000 -o data\xmltv\522000.xml
dvbguide -c650000 -o data\xmltv\650000.xml

I live in Sweden and I'm using a Terratec Cinergy T Stick RC on a Windows Home Server v1, running the latest versions of both Java (1.7.0_25) and TV Scheduler Pro (JC.272).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
John
Calvi
No problem posting here,

sorry about the Sourceforge forum, just noticed the awaiting moderation, as you may have noticed all devs are pretty busy these days.

I will take a look at your attached xml files when I get a chance.

JC.

Released Versions

Version JC.274
1. Improved KB interfaces (Schedule, AA List and File Manager (Calvi Version)).

Version JC.273
1. Added subtitle to epg reload logs.
Calvi
QUOTE (Johnnyboy @ Aug 11 2013, 06:07 AM) *
Apologies for posting here, but I'm uncertain where to ask for help with TV Scheduler Pro. I posted two months ago on the Sourceforge project forums but my post is still marked as "awaiting moderation".

As of late I'm getting strange XML parse exceptions when loading/reloading xmltv data (generated from dvbguide.exe), resulting in a broken EPG page (which takes forever to load, during which time the java.exe process is consuming 25% CPU). The exceptions in the scheduler.log look similar to this:

When clicking "reload EPG data" in the UI, I'm getting a very strange list of programs, and the incorrect information that the earliest entry found was dated Thu Jan 01 01:00:00 CET 1970.

CODE
Loading XMLTV data from data\xmltv\546000.xml

Earliest Entry : Thu Jan 01 01:00:00 CET 1970
Latest Entry : Thu Aug 15 16:00:00 CEST 2013

Number of Categories Found : 11

Current EPG Data Set
(/program    : 1
(title la    : 1
0x20` user=`0    : 1
Barnkanalen/SVT24    : 580
Kunskapskanalen    : 55
SVT1 V�st    : 205
SVT2 Halland    : 170
SVT2 V�st    : 170
ramme) (p    : 1
rmaste v�n.    : 1
ry lang=`en`)    : 1

Saving loaded EPG data

Attached are three xml files, generated with the latest version of dvbguide.exe (0.96) using the following commands:

CODE
dvbguide -c546000 -o data\xmltv\546000.xml
dvbguide -c522000 -o data\xmltv\522000.xml
dvbguide -c650000 -o data\xmltv\650000.xml

I live in Sweden and I'm using a Terratec Cinergy T Stick RC on a Windows Home Server v1, running the latest versions of both Java (1.7.0_25) and TV Scheduler Pro (JC.272).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
John

When I try to load the first file I get...

There was an error loading the XMLTV Data!

CODE
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 3420; columnNumber: 31; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x97) was found in the element content of the document.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
    at GuideStore.loadXMLdata(GuideStore.java:650)
    at GuideStore.loadXMLTV(GuideStore.java:343)
    at EpgDataRes.reloadXMLTVdata(EpgDataRes.java:1773)
    at EpgDataRes.getResponse(EpgDataRes.java:49)
    at HTTPRequest.sendResponseData(HTTPRequest.java:124)
    at RequestObject.run(RequestObject.java:144)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Removing the character makes the file load but gives the strange channels you mention.

I put the file through SafeXMLTV (Microsoft DOM Parser) and it reported incorrect version.

I changed the header to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> and all files loaded fine into TVSP, with no channel issues.

eg..

CODE
Loading Data Please Wait...

About to load XMLTV Data from:
C:\TV Scheduler Pro\data\xmltv

Loading XMLTV data from C:\TV Scheduler Pro\data\xmltv\546000.xml

Earliest Entry : Sat Aug 10 18:00:00 EST 2013
Latest Entry : Fri Aug 16 00:00:00 EST 2013

Number of Categories Found : 9

Current EPG Data Set
Barnkanalen/SVT24    : 582
Kunskapskanalen    : 56
SVT1 V�st    : 206
SVT2 Halland    : 171
SVT2 V�st    : 171

Saving loaded EPG data

Running post load action
Post load actions finished

From this either Microsoft DOM parser and JAVA's parser are not properly 1.1 compliant or more likely your xml creator is incorrectly setting the xml filetype to 1.1.

Hope this helps.

JC.
Calvi
Released New Version.

Version JC.275
1. Major overhaul of KBinterface, item lists now scale with screen resolution, new schedule views etc, list numbers are maintained correctly etc.
2. Removed old themes from this distribution. (These can easily be retained for an existing installation , but have made many changes and am not testing old themes.)
6. Changes to install script to recommend calvi themes and to remove wrapper install delay with Windows 8.1
cuthillb
QUOTE (Calvi @ Nov 3 2013, 05:10 PM) *
Released New Version.

Version JC.275

Hi,

I've used TVSP for many years - and love it to bits - thanks!

Now building a new HTPC (Win7 x64 with latest x32 and x64 JREs) but can't install TVSP v275.

I keep getting "Service Not Running" errors during the install and then see no service has been created during the install either.

Much to my surprise v274 installs just fine though (as does v271 which I used until now).

Have re-downloaded v275 then uninstalled / reinstalled many times - no joy.

Any ideas ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bob
DrP
FWIW I also got the service not running warning on a clean install of Win 7 64 bit even with UAC off and using the administrator account. The service isn't being created but all worked correctly when the service was manually added using sc.exe.
Calvi
QUOTE (cuthillb @ Nov 16 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Much to my surprise v274 installs just fine though (as does v271 which I used until now).

Have re-downloaded v275 then uninstalled / reinstalled many times - no joy.

Any ideas ?

Yes, no doubt it will be the change I made for Windows 8.1.

I will change it back, or make it check windows version.
Calvi
QUOTE (Calvi @ Nov 17 2013, 09:34 AM) *
Yes, no doubt it will be the change I made for Windows 8.1.

I will change it back, or make it check windows version.

Version JC.276

Please try and let me know if ok.
cuthillb
QUOTE (Calvi @ Nov 17 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Version JC.276

Please try and let me know if ok.

All good now.

Thanks heaps.
Calvi
No problem.
DrP
I've done an install of 276 on a clean reload of Win 7 64 bit with UAC at default and had many instances of wrapper.exe doing activity on the secure desktop, although switching to the secure desktop shows nothing going on. Setting the TVS service to not interact with the desktop prevents the Windows secure desktop alert box from appearing.
Calvi
QUOTE (DrP @ Dec 4 2013, 08:02 AM) *
I've done an install of 276 on a clean reload of Win 7 64 bit with UAC at default and had many instances of wrapper.exe doing activity on the secure desktop, although switching to the secure desktop shows nothing going on. Setting the TVS service to not interact with the desktop prevents the Windows secure desktop alert box from appearing.

Thanks for the note, I will look at adding that to the next install release.
Calvi
Version JC.277 Released
1. Fixed EPG Display, (Thanks Dave Benham).
2. Updated all Australian Stations (Re-Stacked) as per http://www.acma.gov.au/~/media/Radiocommun..._tv_9%20pdf.pdf.
3. Added Short Single City File to Install.
4. Compiled and tested with Java 1.8 (Then re-compiled with 1.7u55 to maintain compatibility with Windows XP)

Sorry forgot the interact with desktop setting (will be in 278).
frednerk33
I wonder, is there a version without an installer ?
eg where I can just copy the files to a folder; not sure about whether this version it still uses a service though (I am still opn a really old version).
Also, does it work with the latest Java Version 7 Update 60 ?
CharlesC
It's fantastic to see this project continuing Calvi, many thanks for all your work keeping it going. nullpointer created something pretty amazing with Web Scheduler, and its good to see it still setting the standard.

EDIT:

EDIT2: Have removed the issue point that was in the above post, my error, it seems to behave as expected, at least from a network browser adding items. Not sure what happened there.
Many thanks for the hard work remain.
Calvi
QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Jul 6 2014, 01:34 PM) *
I wonder, is there a version without an installer ?
eg where I can just copy the files to a folder; not sure about whether this version it still uses a service though (I am still opn a really old version).
Also, does it work with the latest Java Version 7 Update 60 ?

You can backup you current version (just zip the entire folder). Then delete the folder and install the new version. If you don't like it you can delete the folder and unzip the old one back.

Of course you can also use system restore.

I don't use 184 but it SHOULD work with all java versions.

I use 277 with Java 1.8u5 (this is what 8u5 means) and have no issues.

I recommend uninstalling all java versions then downloading and installing 1.8u5 32BIT offline.
http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jd...indows-i586.exe

I also recommend 277 over 184 as it has a number of bug fixes and improvements but that is up to you.

John.
Calvi
QUOTE (CharlesC @ Jul 7 2014, 12:01 PM) *
It's fantastic to see this project continuing Calvi, many thanks for all your work keeping it going. nullpointer created something pretty amazing with Web Scheduler, and its good to see it still setting the standard.

EDIT:

EDIT2: Have removed the issue point that was in the above post, my error, it seems to behave as expected, at least from a network browser adding items. Not sure what happened there.
Many thanks for the hard work remain.

No problem, There is an issue as far as selecting below a schedule.

It works but depends on the screen width, if too narrow you cannot select at all.

This issue has been there for a very long time (if not always).

I will take a look at it for 278.
Calvi
Version JC.278 Released.

1. Set service to not interact with desktop as per http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=81230
2. Fixed Calvi epg theme to select under scheduled items correctly at different screen widths.
3. Updated Stationdata to ACMA 1st July 2014 values.
Calvi
Version JC.279 Released
1. Added ability to fine tune "Created From" and "Ignored" schedule matching.
"guide.item.cfmatch.inexact" sets whether to use inexact matching for "Created From" guide items (Default = False, i.e. exact matching)
"guide.item.cftol.start" sets the minutes a schedule must start within to be considered the same guide item it was "Created From" (default=0)
"guide.item.cftol.duration" sets the minutes the duration can vary by to be considered the same guide item it was "Created From" (default=0)
"guide.item.igmatch.inexact" sets whether to use inexact matching for "Ignored" guide items (Default = False, i.e. exact matching)
"guide.item.igtol.start" sets the minutes a schedule must start within to be considered the same guide item to "Ignore" (default=0)
"guide.item.igtol.duration" sets the minutes the duration can vary by to be considered the same guide item to "Ignore" (default=0)
Note: All settings to False/0 will replicate the behaviour of all previous TVSP versions.
2. Tidied up General Options.
Pete K
I only just noticed that there are new versions of TVSchPro after using v184 very successfully for several years.

I have tried upgrading but if I save my schedule data from v184, then try to import it into the new version I don't get any schedule items imported.

Is there any way around this, as that is the only thing stopping me from the move to JC.279 for good?

Thanks for continuing to upgrade this fantastic program.
dezzy
Unable to install JC.279 into new computer with Win 8.1 Pro 64. Get the message that it is unable to find Java even though I have the latest Java both 32 and 64 bit installed.

Tried switching off the anti virus, firewall and script blocker software I normally use and tried an earlier JC.275 with same result.

These work fine and were installed OK in my existing computer of similar configuration.

Any advice?
dezzy
I was able to install JC.279 by removing the current JRE 8u25 and installing and old version 6u40 or thereabouts. Afterwards reinstalled JRE 8u25.

However, it still does not work properly so will wait until tomorrow to try to sort it out. Too frustrated to continue. I will use the old computer for recordings until I am reasonably confident.
Calvi
I DO NOT recommend installing 64 bit java. There is no need for it (unless you have a specific requirement).

To install TV Scheduler Pro please....

1. Uninstall all java versions.
2. Reboot. (not usually required)
3. Install Java 32 Bit lastest version.
4. Reboot. (not usually required)
5. Install TV Scheduler Pro.

This has always worked for me.

If you want to have no further java issues then you can also do the following AFTER doing the above.

6. Copy the entire java installation from 3.: e.g.
CODE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 or 8

to your install \jre eg.
CODE
C:\TV Scheduler Pro\jre

7. Stop the TVSP Service
8. Edit the wrapper.conf file line from
CODE
wrapper.java.command=java

to
CODE
wrapper.java.command=jre\bin\java

9. Restart the TVSP service.

This will then mean TVSP always uses the java version that you copied into the jre folder. You can then install Java 64 bit, uninstall all java versions etc and TVSP will still work fine.

JUST be warned that it will not update or get any security fixes.

PS: I had been working on making this an install option but have no spare time to the end of this year.
dezzy
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try after I sort out getting a working TV tuner.

I have no need for Java 64, just tried it because TVSP installation could not find any Java at all.

Another problem I have found using Google is that USB TV tuners do not work from a USB3 port. Also the TinyTwin drivers may be out of date and not compatible with my new system. Almost a day wasted with BSOD issues, including the need to start again from a factory reset. I connected the TT tuner to a USB2 port but it still does not work.

Tomorrow I will try installing my Hauppauge PCIe tuner card and see if it works. I was reluctant to burn my bridges to my working computer that still does the recording.
dezzy
Sorry, the above mentioned procedure did not work for me. TVSP.JC279 got stuck on "unable to find Java." Same result for JC.275 that I have been using successfully in my old computer with Win 8.1 64 for some time.

I was able to install TVSP.184 Ok, then tried to install TVSP.JC279 over it. It sort of installed, but the TVSP service would not start, so I was stuck again. In the end I gave up and am using TVSP.184, that still seems to work fine.

Incidentally, the Hauppauge tuner card caused no issues at all. Strictly plug and play with Windows finding its own drivers without any effort on my part.

Why is the Tiny Twin tuner so difficult? Why are there no drivers for Win 8.1? Why BSOD if you try to use it? I hope that this helps to warn others if they get caught with similar difficulties.
DrP
QUOTE (dezzy @ Oct 26 2014, 07:18 AM) *
Sorry, the above mentioned procedure did not work for me. TVSP.JC279 got stuck on "unable to find Java." Same result for JC.275 that I have been using successfully in my old computer with Win 8.1 64 for some time.

I was able to install TVSP.184 Ok, then tried to install TVSP.JC279 over it. It sort of installed, but the TVSP service would not start, so I was stuck again. In the end I gave up and am using TVSP.184, that still seems to work fine.

Incidentally, the Hauppauge tuner card caused no issues at all. Strictly plug and play with Windows finding its own drivers without any effort on my part.

Why is the Tiny Twin tuner so difficult? Why are there no drivers for Win 8.1? Why BSOD if you try to use it? I hope that this helps to warn others if they get caught with similar difficulties.

The BSOD is due to changes introduced with MS' USB3 software stack. Basically the USB3 stack detects the TT's driver doing 'something bad' and pulls the pin.

It's not a problem unique to the TT. Even different receiver chipsets are affected. The device must be used on a native USB2 controller, or use non-MS usb controller drivers with varying success. I have a few old tiny usb2 devices (2007 drivers) on a win 8.1 64 bit with USB2 and they work as well as they ever did.

Some vendors have released updated drivers to let them work on USB3 but a lot of these tuners are based on old chips which haven't had new drivers written for them for years.
dezzy
QUOTE (DrP @ Oct 27 2014, 06:20 AM) *
The BSOD is due to changes introduced with MS' USB3 software stack. Basically the USB3 stack detects the TT's driver doing 'something bad' and pulls the pin.

It's not a problem unique to the TT. Even different receiver chipsets are affected. The device must be used on a native USB2 controller, or use non-MS usb controller drivers with varying success. I have a few old tiny usb2 devices (2007 drivers) on a win 8.1 64 bit with USB2 and they work as well as they ever did.

Some vendors have released updated drivers to let them work on USB3 but a lot of these tuners are based on old chips which haven't had new drivers written for them for years.

Yes, that seems to be the lesson I have been learning over the past few days. The TT tuner worked fine on my previous 5 year old system, with Win 8.1 64bit. However, no go on the new one, even using the USB2 ports that they provide. No idea what prevented the JC TVSP from installing.

Similarly, I am finding the new system is temperamental about recognizing a new SSD that I have cloned off the current boot and want to use as a new, faster boot disk. Am learning about limitations that you find using UEFI. No doubt it is all for the good in the long run, preventing stuff like malicious root kits. But frustrating for the amateur tweaker like me.
Calvi
I will check out 8u25 tomorrow on 8.1
Calvi
All sorted.

Please try Version 280.
dezzy
Thanks, I will try it tomorrow.
dezzy
No problems. JC.280 installed over TVSP.184 and kept most of the settings intact. No need to restore from backup. No need to change anything else. What a relief compared to tearing my hair out over the past few days.

Thanks for your effort to sort it out.
whatsupskip
We have just had to do the retune in for the Currumbin transmitters on the Gold Coast.

Now when I do a scan it can't find any Programs/Stations.

I appear to have been able to manually add them, after I kept getting an error message, I realized that the frequency was in KHz and not MHz.

Prior to this I have been getting error messages stating that no device is available, yet when I go into the device section there are two devices showing. This is using a PCI-E device under Windows 8.1 Pro.

Also I think you should close the Sourceforge forum and just use this one as it is the only active one.
Calvi
I only update the frequencies when "http://www.acma.gov.au/~/media/Licence Issue and Allocation/Information/zip file/Broadcast Transmitter Excel zip.zip" is updated.

I automated it, otherwise the job would be impossible to manage, and I see they have of course changed the link so will upload a new version soon. (Unzip the attached one into the data folder for now).

The no device available error is generic, it does not mean there are no devices installed. It means there are no devices that can service that request.

The sourceforge forum is cumbersome but there have been times that this forum has disappeared in the past so it provides a backup option for people to contact me.
whatsupskip
QUOTE (Calvi @ Oct 29 2014, 06:02 PM) *
The sourceforge forum is cumbersome but there have been times that this forum has disappeared in the past so it provides a backup option for people to contact me.

Ok, that would explain it.

What do most people do for an EPG these days?

I thought a while back TV Scheduler Pro JC used to just import the on air data. I haven't the EPG working for a couple of years now. It would be handy to get it going again if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks for your on going development of this project.
Calvi
QUOTE (whatsupskip @ Oct 30 2014, 04:52 PM) *
Ok, that would explain it.

What do most people do for an EPG these days?

I thought a while back TV Scheduler Pro JC used to just import the on air data. I haven't the EPG working for a couple of years now. It would be handy to get it going again if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks for your on going development of this project.

From me you can....

1. Just point TVSP to the combined guide hosted at: http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=8605 OR
2. Build your own using my Multiple Source Xmltv Downloader., SafeXMLTV http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=6598

Otherwise you can...
3. Buy ICETV OR
4. USE ScanBDA OR
5. Many other alternatives.

JC.

DrP
epgcollector - handles the EIT and Freeview EPG.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.