Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: winlirc and hip, hipsend not working
DVB Owners Discussion Forum - dvbowners.com > Software > HIP
slowtech
I am using this with gbpvr. I have my remote working to control gbpvr. I have the remote codes in winlirc to blast to my stb and dta and can send them from the test ir button.
but I can not get hip to see the hipsend command when the winlirc interface is active, if I switch to generic input I can get the hipsend input but can not pick send ir from keyboard editor.
Am I doing something wrong or do I need to get different hardware to get away from the winlirc software.
I need to get the blasting working because my cable company is going all digital and my internal tuners will not work any more.
slowtech
for more info. I'm running XP Pro Sp2, using Winlirc 8.7 and Hip 4.0.0.4 complete install.
I have been able translate input from one remote in to blast the correct output to my STB.
I still cannot get hipsend to work to change the channels.
I get the impression that the issue is from using the Winlirc interface.
I ordered a MCE USB to replace my homemade transceiver.
slowtech
QUOTE (slowtech @ Mar 1 2011, 08:53 PM) *
for more info. I'm running XP Pro Sp2, using Winlirc 8.7 and Hip 4.0.0.4 complete install.
I have been able translate input from one remote in to blast the correct output to my STB.
I still cannot get hipsend to work to change the channels.
I get the impression that the issue is from using the Winlirc interface.
I ordered a MCE USB to replace my homemade transceiver.

I got the MCE usb, and using the mce interface instead of the winlirc interface I now can receive comands from hipsend.
I don't know if I was doing something wrong with the winlirc interface, but it doesn't matter I am using the MCE interface now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.