IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using HIP with MCE with unsupported remote
Guest_MichaelJC_*
post Mar 1 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #1

Guests

I cannot use the replacement MCE driver because (apparently) I have an unsupported remote that shows as eHome Infrared Receiver rather than MCE Infared Remote Control. Anyway, I am wondering if I can still use HIP to intercept commands sent from the remote and change them to something else. I've played with it using the Keyboard interface, but with no luck.

For example, I'd like to change the DVD button on the remote (CTRL-D hotkey) to instead open up Music (CTRL-M hotkey). Is there a way for me to do this without the replacement driver?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 3 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Hip in its default "keyboard" mode can intercept keystrokes and change them to other key combinations and even if your device is not supported in its native mode it should be able to work at this level.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_MichaelJC_*
post Mar 3 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (btmi @ Mar 3 2008, 08:45 AM) *
Hip in its default "keyboard" mode can intercept keystrokes and change them to other key combinations and even if your device is not supported in its native mode it should be able to work at this level.

Thanks for the reply. I tried doing this. I selected the eshell.exe as the application and tried to intercept CTRL-D and make it CTRL-M, but no luck. It actually does intercept if I press CTRL-D on the keyboard, but doesn't do anything to intercept the MCE remote. My guess is that the remote is too well integrated and really doesn't send a CTRL-D. It probably has more sophistacted hooks into MCE.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 09:35 PM