IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New ozTiVo XMLTV Client - "xmltvDownload.exe" (Win32), HELP! We're looking for testers!
Guest_epgStream_*
post Feb 5 2008, 07:25 AM
Post #1

Guests

xmltvDownload.exe Tool

HELP! We need testers!

OVERVIEW

xmltvDownload is a command-line application that will download XMLTV guide data from a specified channel URL. Used in conjunction with other XMLTV applications, this application can help automate various XMLTV or EPG generation functions.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Framework: Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
  • Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 98; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Home Basic; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Starter; Windows Vista Ultimate; Windows XP Service Pack 2

DOWNLOAD

Zip archive contains three (3) files: "xmltvDownload.exe", "xmltvDownload.exe.config" and "ChannelSettings.xml"

xmltvDownload_0_99_12.zip

INSTRUCTIONS

Download and unzip the latest xmltvDownload version (above) into your working folder.

"xmltvDownload.exe" Command-Line Execution

CODE
    D:\XMLTV\xmltvDownload.exe /?
    xmltvDownload v0.99.12 (Pre-Release Evaluation)
    Copyright © 2008 epgStream.net

xmltvDownload [channelSettingFile] [xmltvOutputFile]

channelSettingFile  File containing channel download settings.
                          Optional, Default="ChannelSettings.xml"

xmltvOutputFile     Output XMLTV data file.
                          Optional, Default="XMLTV.xml"

D:\XMLTV>

"xmltvDownload.exe.config" Application Settings

CODE
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
        <!--
            xmltvDownload.exe - Download XMLTV remote guide service.
            Copyright (c) 2008 epgStream.net

For Non-Commercial, Personal Use Only!

xmltvDownload is a command-line application that will download XMLTV guide data
            from a specified channel URL. Used in conjunction with other XMLTV applications,
            this application can help automate various XMLTV or EPG generation functions.

"channelListUrl"
            - URL address of guide server XMLTV channel list.
              (TYPE=String)(OPTIONAL)(DEFAULT="http://minnie.tuhs.org/xmltv/channels.xml.gz")

"xmltvOutputFile"
            - XMLTV output file location path. This can be overridden by command-line parameter.
              (TYPE=String)(OPTIONAL)(DEFAULT="XMLTV.xml")

"channelSettingsFile"
            - Channel settings file path. This can be overridden by command-line parameter.
              (TYPE=String)(OPTIONAL)(DEFAULT="ChannelSettings.xml")

"username"
            - For remote websites or services that support HTTP Authentication.
              (TYPE=String)(OPTIONAL)

"password"
              (TYPE=String)(OPTIONAL)

"domain"
              (TYPE=String)(OPTIONAL)

"proxyAddress", "proxyUsername", "proxyPassword", "proxyDomain"
            - Network proxy settings.
              (TYPE=String)(OPTIONAL)

"applicationExitDelay"
            - The number of seconds to wait before exiting application.
              (TYPE=Integer)(OPTIONAL)(DEFAULT="0")

-->
        <appSettings>
            <add key="channelListUrl" value="http://minnie.tuhs.org/xmltv/channels.xml.gz" />
            <add key="xmltvOutputFile" value="XMLTV.xml" />
            <add key="channelSettingsFile" value="ChannelSettings.xml" />
            <add key="username" value="YOUR_USERNAME" />
            <add key="password" value="YOUR_PASSWORD" />
        </appSettings>
    </configuration>

"ChannelSettings.xml" Channel Settings

CODE
    <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
    <xmltvDownload>
    <!--
        xmltvDownload.exe - Download XMLTV remote guide service.
        Copyright (c) 2008 epgStream.net

<channel> "id"
        - Channel ID of channel to download. Check your XMLTV guide Channel List for ID's.
          (TYPE=String)(REQUIRED)

<channel> "days"
        - Maximum number of days to download.
          (TYPE=String)(OPTIONAL)(DEFAULT)

-->
        <channel id="SBSWN" days="7" />
        <channel id="SBS-NSW" days="7" />
        <channel id="ABC2" days="7" />
        <channel id="ABC-NSW" days="7" />
        <channel id="ACC" days="7" />
        <channel id="Seven-Syd" days="7" />
        <channel id="SevenHD" days="7" />
        <channel id="Nine-Syd" days="7" />
        <channel id="Ten-NSW" days="7" />
        <channel id="TenHD" days="7" />
    </xmltvDownload>

PROTOCOL

This XMLTV guide client supports the ozTiVo.net and tv.swedb.se Guide API Protocols.

:!: HTTP Caching is not supported in pre-release v0.99.012.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Feb 5 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,512
Card: None

QUOTE (epgStream @ Feb 5 2008, 08:25 AM) *
HELP! We need testers!

Yep tested fine.

I thought the idea was for us all NOT to hit the ozTiVo site - or can it handle it these days?

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
Guest_epgStream_*
post Feb 5 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (ozNick @ Feb 5 2008, 11:26 AM) *
I thought the idea was for us all NOT to hit the ozTiVo site - or can it handle it these days?

This new ozTiVo Guide API (being cut-over on 31st March) helps reduce the amount of server bandwidth and processing. So hopefully the stress on ozTiVo.net will start to drop as clients begin to start using this new protocol.

xmltvDownload is our in-house tool we'll be using to extract our ozTiVo.net data so we thought we'd share it with the greater community. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_dns_*
post Feb 5 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #4

Guests

The idea of the new system is you end up with lots of files that the client can get individually as needed without any processing power being used.
The design allows people to have their own mirrors of the site which other people can use.
http://xml.oztivo.net/xmltv/ is one mirror and it does not require a password but note there are still dns issues with one of the servers in the pool so it could have problems. I am thinking of providing a mirror of the guides if there is demand and i have the time to do it.

One missing feature is timezone adjustments. As oztivo only produces times in eastern standard time I need to adjust abc2, Seven HD and Ten HD by 30 minutes for it to be correct in Adelaide. Apart from having the above 30 minutes off the program works fine. Another optimization would be to save each file for each channel+day in a temporary folder so if the guide for that channel has not changed when you run the grabber tomorrow it does not need to get it again.

Nice work, now i don't need to write a grabber of my own.

+Quote Post
Guest_epgStream_*
post Feb 6 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #5

Guests

Hi dns!

We've just published xmltvDownload v0.99.15 which now supports HTTP-Caching and it is ... Very sweet! No longer will you need to feel guilty when you try and download your XMLTV data 12 times a day (not that anyone would)! The only thing that slows it down is ozTiVo's requirement for a 2 second delay between download requests ... 1 second is bearable, but 2 or more seconds ... Well thank god you don't have to watch it download!

Oh, we've also got another utility called xmltvAlter which will slice, dice and make love to your XMLTV files. One powerful feature everyone might like is the merge feature which can take two or more channels and merge then into one ... Great if you want to merge your SD and HD channel listings! It'll also look after all your timezone issues for you too! xmltvAlter is ready to go, we've just got to finish typing up the documentation before letting people test it.

Thanks,

+Quote Post
Guest_mickyj_*
post Feb 9 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (epgStream @ Feb 6 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Hi dns!

We've just published xmltvDownload v0.99.15 which now supports HTTP-Caching and it is ... Very sweet! No longer will you need to feel guilty when you try and download your XMLTV data 12 times a day (not that anyone would)! The only thing that slows it down is ozTiVo's requirement for a 2 second delay between download requests ... 1 second is bearable, but 2 or more seconds ... Well thank god you don't have to watch it download!

Oh, we've also got another utility called xmltvAlter which will slice, dice and make love to your XMLTV files. One powerful feature everyone might like is the merge feature which can take two or more channels and merge then into one ... Great if you want to merge your SD and HD channel listings! It'll also look after all your timezone issues for you too! xmltvAlter is ready to go, we've just got to finish typing up the documentation before letting people test it.

Thanks,

I would love to have a look at xmltvAlter as my previous tool I used with Oztivo Extreme (TimeOffset) does not seem to like working with this new grabber. Very strange. The data still has the wrong time in when it gets to MCE. With Oztivo Extreme and timeoffset, ABC2 and TenHD worked for me (In South Australia).

Thanks
Mickyj
www.mickyj.com/mce05.htm

+Quote Post
Guest_epgStream_*
post Feb 9 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (mickyj @ Feb 9 2008, 10:38 PM) *
I would love to have a look at xmltvAlter as my previous tool I used with Oztivo Extreme (TimeOffset) does not seem to like working with this new grabber. Very strange. The data still has the wrong time in when it gets to MCE. With Oztivo Extreme and timeoffset, ABC2 and TenHD worked for me (In South Australia).

Hi,

We're finishing internal testing on xmltvAlter so will probably release it Sunday night or Monday morning. The hardest thing is preparing documentation for it, but we may have to release additional versions later with the "xmltvAlter for Dummies" documentation ... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_epgStream_*
post Feb 10 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (mickyj @ Feb 9 2008, 10:38 PM) *

Hi mickyj!

You can get our new xmltvAlter application from here: http://forum.epgstream.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=54 laugh.gif It's still in pre-release mode, but it's been 100% bug free so far. If you'd like to test it for us that would be great!

The following "changeProgrammeTimeZone" rule will allow you to alter the time zone of programmes in a particular channel in your XMLTV data:
CODE
<rule type="changeProgrammeTimeZone" channelId="SevenHD" timeZone="+1000" />
<rule type="changeProgrammeTimeZone" channelId="TenHD" timeZone="+1000" />

If your XMLTV data does not have time zone information (or you don't want to change it), then you can just alter the start/stop times directly using the "adjustProgrammeTime". The adjustment attribute can be specified in +/- minutes:

CODE
<rule type="adjustProgrammeTime" channelId="SevenHD" adjustment="+60" />
<rule type="adjustProgrammeTime" channelId="TenHD" adjustment="+60" />

I'm pretty sure you can use xmltvAlter and xmltvDownload with BladeRunner (or other XMLTV solutions) and other ... you just add them as a "grabber" and "post-processor" entry ... I think?

Thanks,

+Quote Post
Guest_dns_*
post Feb 10 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #9

Guests

Thanks it is working great for me in Adelaide. Now i don't need to do any work in writing my own tools smile.gif

+Quote Post
Peter_T
post Feb 11 2008, 11:40 PM
Post #10

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,008
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

Have set up V0.99.17
I use GBPVR, I have always produced my own guide.
I need a Guide which has a combination of Pay TV and Regional FTA. Works well is producing a good guide.
When will the final release be available.
I particually like the caching as I use a (expensive)2W Satellite service with small monthly data limits.
Congratulations on the good work.

+Quote Post
Guest_epgStream_*
post Feb 13 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #11

Guests

Hi Peter,

A release version should be available sometime this weekend. We'll be adding user requested features if we have time, but you'll notice with out latest version on our website we have the following screens available by specifying "xmltvDownload.exe /config" on the command-line.

Enjoy!

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Feb 13 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #12

Forum Regular

QUOTE (epgStream @ Feb 13 2008, 10:39 AM) *
Hi Peter,

A release version should be available sometime this weekend. We'll be adding user requested features if we have time, but you'll notice with out latest version on our website we have the following screens available by specifying "xmltvDownload.exe /config" on the command-line.

Enjoy!

The "/config" option is very nice.

The Search function is good, but if you uncheck a station in the search it does not remove it from the main list.

Maybe a "Show Checked" function as well?

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
Guest_epgStream_*
post Feb 13 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (ozNick @ Feb 13 2008, 04:12 PM) *
Maybe a "Show Checked" function as well?

Yeah, it does get a bit painful to review all your selections ... There are *alot* of channels available! smile.gif I'll add it to the next revision.

Did you try our xmltvAlter program?

+Quote Post
Guest_dns_*
post Feb 13 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #14

Guests

Is there a reason why the applications expire?

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Feb 13 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #15

Forum Regular

QUOTE (epgStream @ Feb 13 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Did you try our xmltvAlter program?

Edit:
QUOTE (ozNick)
I would love to...
... but there's no ACT under State when you select Australia as one's country.

Sorry - I got my applications mixed up - thought you were referring to Free*EPG which has the above problem

I'll look at xmltvAlter and get back to you.

+Quote Post
Peter_T
post Feb 14 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #16

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,008
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

Tried v0.9.27 wow! a great configuration tool, first downloader were I haven't had to write 50 channel of config files.
I am using it daily. XML file work well in GBPVR, can't wait for a release.

+Quote Post
Guest_epgStream_*
post Feb 14 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE (dns @ Feb 13 2008, 07:39 PM) *
Is there a reason why the applications expire?

While it's in pre-release and the new ozTiVo guide API is being tweaked, I need a method to manage these test versions. I'd hate for a particular pre-release version to be released in the wild that may cause problems for ozTiVo.net.

+Quote Post
Guest_manicmike_*
post Feb 17 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE (Peter_T @ Feb 14 2008, 05:54 PM) *
Tried v0.9.27 wow! a great configuration tool, first downloader were I haven't had to write 50 channel of config files.
I am using it daily. XML file work well in GBPVR, can't wait for a release.

Any chance of getting the source code? A linux grabber is also needed.

Mike

+Quote Post
Guest_brentp_*
post Feb 17 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #19

Guests

I've been working on porting the SWEDB version of the XMLTV grabber to the OZTIVO setup, and I am partly successful. I'm currently trying to get some last minute changes working, then i'll release it.

Modifications made so far:
- Modified so it supports BASIC authentication.
- Removed bits of the caching mechanism (it was very buggy).
- Removed the DTD declaration from XML files outputted by it (causes compat issues with parsers that use the .NET framework, that don't have xmltv.dtd)

Regards,
Brent

+Quote Post
Guest_mvandere_*
post Feb 29 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #20

Guests

I set up GB-PVR ( www.gbpvr.com ) to use xmltvDownload yesterday, works a treat.

You might like to add GBPVR to the list of supported clients. rolleyes.gif

A few observations (no biggies) wink.gif

Wishlist:- Ability to rename 'Channel ID's 'inline'

Issues:- Shouldn't the executable's folder be searched for the 'cache' folder and the 'ChannelSettings.xml' file if they are not found in the 'current' folder (the way xmltvDownload.exe.config is)?

Also:
Is the 'cache' working properly?
1. I would have thought each day it would purge the previous days programs.
2. If I immediately re-run the download it seems to redownload everything (based on the date info after the 'accessing' messages).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2017 - 04:23 AM