> Win TV Nova TD 500 and MPEG 4/H.264 compatibility
coylum
post Aug 7 2016, 08:38 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14,295
Card: Nova DVB-t

I have a Hauppauge Win TV Nova TD 500 tuner card, with WinTV8 software - is this capable of handling the new Channel 9 and Channel 7 HD channels (in Melbourne) which I understand are in H.264 format?

I have not been able to find any definitive info on this although from the results (black screen) it seems that the answer is no...

Assuming the answer to be no then what cards are available to handle these channels

Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrP
post Aug 8 2016, 05:15 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

The cards will continue to receive 7's and 9's broadcast without problems, the software is what is letting you down. Fortunately there are alternatives out there, and free at that. Take a look at SichboPVR and ProgDVB to name just two.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
coylum
post Aug 8 2016, 09:57 AM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14,295
Card: Nova DVB-t

QUOTE (DrP @ Aug 8 2016, 05:15 AM) *
The cards will continue to receive 7's and 9's broadcast without problems, the software is what is letting you down. Fortunately there are alternatives out there, and free at that. Take a look at SichboPVR and ProgDVB to name just two.

Thank you so much for your quick response. I have installed the standard free version of ProgDVB and everything is working fine

Thanks again

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 06:37 PM