> Problem after re-install
PeterL
post Jan 30 2016, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,605
Card: DNTV Live Dual Hybrid PCIe S2

As far as I am aware I re-installed correctly, latest Java and installed as Administrator. The TV works fine with the ability to display and change channels but, when I try to record, the channel list is empty. I installed DNTV Live 1.6.1.4, which appears to have the Scheduler Pro 2.120 included so I didn't install stand alone Scheduler Pro 2.120 again. I also stopped the firewall and antivirus before installing. I don't find the software either intuitive or simple.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
therat
post Jan 30 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

QUOTE (PeterL @ Jan 30 2016, 10:34 AM) *
As far as I am aware I re-installed correctly, latest Java and installed as Administrator. The TV works fine with the ability to display and change channels but, when I try to record, the channel list is empty. I installed DNTV Live 1.6.1.4, which appears to have the Scheduler Pro 2.120 included so I didn't install stand alone Scheduler Pro 2.120 again. I also stopped the firewall and antivirus before installing. I don't find the software either intuitive or simple.

Just to be clear, which is not displaying the channel list, DNTV LIVE or Scheduler Pro or both?

BTW no need to disable the firewall or AV before installing because the firewall needs to detect the programs and insert the necessary permissions.

+Quote Post
PeterL
post Jan 30 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #3

Participant

QUOTE (therat @ Jan 30 2016, 09:33 AM) *
Just to be clear, which is not displaying the channel list, DNTV LIVE or Scheduler Pro or both?

BTW no need to disable the firewall or AV before installing because the firewall needs to detect the programs and insert the necessary permissions.

+Quote Post
PeterL
post Jan 30 2016, 12:35 PM
Post #4

Participant

Thank you Therat, DNTV Live runs and displays channels perfectly it is Scheduler Pro that is not displaying the channels when I try to record. I am running Windows 10 64bit, do I need to install different items for it to work. This is the first time I have installed it in Windows 10 64bit. I had it installed in Windows 8.1 before and just upgraded to Windows 10 without doing a clean install, worked perfectly then. I have tried to upload a .jpg but it tells me it failed, it is only 55kb:Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space

+Quote Post
therat
post Jan 30 2016, 12:43 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Unfortunately I've never used windows 10 (and don't intend to) so no idea if it works or not. I use windows 8 and everything works perfectly. Maybe bear could help on that one.

A full setup guide is available on the digitalnow website http://www.digitalnow.com.au/DNTV/SETTING%...DULER%20PRO.zip

One thing I could suggest is to download the latest DNTV Scheduler Pro standalone and see if that helps. If not then maybe try installing it in compatibility mode.

+Quote Post
bear
post Jan 30 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

PeterL
This is the first time I have installed it in Windows 10 64bit.

The apps are compiled as 32bit only and will be installed as such by Windows.
Your DTV device drivers will need to be installed as 64bit but this should happen automatically anyway. In my experience the DNTV Quad card drivers work ok for 64bit environments. (at least under Win7)

I had it installed in Windows 8.1 before and just upgraded to Windows 10 without doing a clean install, worked perfectly then.

Similar to my own experience, at least for a month after the upgrade. After that Windows 10 upgrades just killed the whole experience.
Startup apps stop working. I had to set my sound scheme to windows default to stop apps from crashing.
I had to remove MS "Edge" and go back to IE11, re-setting my compatibility settings after each weekly windows update.
I have to unplug the power from the PC for 5min every week to get my DTV devices to work correctly after a windows 10 forced update.
I no longer have permissions on folders I've work with previously and my Graphics card video frame rate has dropped to 15fps.
Apart from that, Windows 10 tells me what I can and cannot do. We get on very well now. :blink:NOT.

A full setup guide is available on the digitalnow website

There is also a how to guide built into Scheduler. Look at the top of the settings page: HOW TO.

http://localhost:8088/settings.html#

If you can provide more info like the scheduler log folder then this may of value. Zip the folder and send to Digital Now support.

+Quote Post
PeterL
post Jan 31 2016, 07:48 AM
Post #7

Participant

Thank you all for your help, I now have it running correctly, don't ask me how I did it, just a lot of experimenting. I'm pleased as I was researching the Hauppauge range, they appear to be the only brand that advertises as Win 10 compatible.

Peter

+Quote Post
therat
post Jan 31 2016, 11:32 AM
Post #8

Forum Regular

QUOTE (PeterL @ Jan 31 2016, 07:48 AM) *
Thank you all for your help, I now have it running correctly, don't ask me how I did it, just a lot of experimenting. I'm pleased as I was researching the Hauppauge range, they appear to be the only brand that advertises as Win 10 compatible.

Peter

that's great news. If you could document exactly what you did it would be very helpful for other win 10 users.

+Quote Post
PeterL
post Jan 31 2016, 12:04 PM
Post #9

Participant

QUOTE (therat @ Jan 31 2016, 09:32 AM) *
that's great news. If you could document exactly what you did it would be very helpful for other win 10 users.

Very hard to remember exactly as not only am I in my 70's but the software installation is neither intuitive or simple but here goes: I downloaded and installed the latest Java 32 & 64 bit and re-booted, I disabled Antivirus and Firewall first but I am advised that this is unnecessary. I then installed the drivers DNTV Dual Hybrid 7164 PCIe as administrator. I then installed DNTV Live 1.6.1.4 as administrator but I didn't let it install Scheduler Pro and rebooted , it all worked perfectly. I then installed the stand alone DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.120 as administrator, some of the sequences of configuration appeared to be out of order but I followed the book and it all came together. No Windows 10 64bit revelations here but it worked for me.

Peter

+Quote Post
therat
post Jan 31 2016, 01:46 PM
Post #10

Forum Regular

QUOTE (PeterL @ Jan 31 2016, 12:04 PM) *
Very hard to remember exactly as not only am I in my 70's but the software installation is neither intuitive or simple but here goes: I downloaded and installed the latest Java 32 & 64 bit and re-booted, I disabled Antivirus and Firewall first but I am advised that this is unnecessary. I then installed the drivers DNTV Dual Hybrid 7164 PCIe as administrator. I then installed DNTV Live 1.6.1.4 as administrator but I didn't let it install Scheduler Pro and rebooted , it all worked perfectly. I then installed the stand alone DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.120 as administrator, some of the sequences of configuration appeared to be out of order but I followed the book and it all came together. No Windows 10 64bit revelations here but it worked for me.

Peter

Many thanks for that Peter. Am I right in saying that basically the only thing you did differently the last time was not to install DNTV Scheduler Pro as part of the DNTV LIVE package but install it last as a standalone?

BTW I've rethought the AV and firewall situation. Disabling them is easiest during installation but sometimes might cause problems when you enable them. Having said that, most good AV and firewall programs notify you when certain programs are trying to access the internet or LAN. All DNTV programs must be given permission. Simplest way is to put a rule in both the firewall and AV to totally ignore all the DNTV folders in Program Files (x86).

cheers

+Quote Post
PeterL
post Jan 31 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #11

Participant

QUOTE (therat @ Jan 31 2016, 11:46 AM) *
Many thanks for that Peter. Am I right in saying that basically the only thing you did differently the last time was not to install DNTV Scheduler Pro as part of the DNTV LIVE package but install it last as a standalone?

BTW I've rethought the AV and firewall situation. Disabling them is easiest during installation but sometimes might cause problems when you enable them. Having said that, most good AV and firewall programs notify you when certain programs are trying to access the internet or LAN. All DNTV programs must be given permission. Simplest way is to put a rule in both the firewall and AV to totally ignore all the DNTV folders in Program Files (x86).

cheers

That is correct Therat. I'm not sure if it is possible to install only the DNTV Live section of the file but I installed it all then uninstalled Scheduler with Revo Uninstaller rebooted and then installed Scheduler from the stand alone file.

Thank you again for your input.

Peter

+Quote Post
therat
post Jan 31 2016, 10:16 PM
Post #12

Forum Regular

QUOTE (PeterL @ Jan 31 2016, 07:21 PM) *
That is correct Therat. I'm not sure if it is possible to install only the DNTV Live section of the file but I installed it all then uninstalled Scheduler with Revo Uninstaller rebooted and then installed Scheduler from the stand alone file.

Thank you again for your input.

Peter

you can select what you want to install (other than DNTV LIVE) but other than DNTV Scheduler Pro it is safest to install all the filters. DNTV Scheduler Pro can be safely unselected when installing the whole package. It can then be installed later and will automatically detect the existing filters.

cheers
rat

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 03:25 PM