IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multiple recordings vanish when finished!
Flakheart
post Dec 12 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,387
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Under windows 10, I have just started having this strange problem this month and it is depressing the hell out of me.

If I have multiple concurrent recordings scheduled, DNTV Scheduler Pro says they are recording, they show as recorded in the schedule when finished but the recordings themselves appear nowhere in the hard drive!!

Looking in default capture path, video directory, my defined capture path where single recordings usually work, recycle bin, nothing!!

They just don't exist, gone.

But if I record a single show (such as Diagnosis murder), the physical file does appear.

Am about ready to slash my wrists and blow the computer up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Dec 12 2015, 10:35 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,667

Hmm.

What sort of capture card do you have ? Twin tuner ? smile.gif
edit: oh a DNTV TinyTwin USB. You got that to work OK and it was plugged into a powered hub ? My tinytwin 3a seemed a tad flakey for my liking, so I swapped to a 7164 from digitalnow and never looked back.

In the folder \TV Scheduler Pro\log there are log files with various filenames.
Can you locate all of those which have entries in them for each side of the "failures" and post them here ?
Can you post the top part of the result of this "Device Selection" result http://localhost:8420/servlet/SystemDataRes?action=04 ?

I experienced a similar thing, off an on, with a win10x64pro PC which had 2x 7164 twin-tuners installed; it captured 2 but sometimes not up to the 4 channels that it should.
Never found time to look at the logs to try to resolve it, maybe now is the time.

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Dec 12 2015, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Participant

It's a quad tuner. And until recent updates to windows 10, it all worked properly!!

Prior to 2 months ago, I could record multiple, concurrent items and now, they all vanish after recording.

I'll get to the logs this afternoon after lunch.

+Quote Post
therat
post Dec 12 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

Recordings will vanish if the recording doesn't work properly. Partial files automatically get deleted. As frednerk suggested, please post the capture log so we can have a look at it.

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Dec 13 2015, 06:52 AM
Post #5

Participant

In the folder \TV Scheduler Pro\log there are log files with various filenames.

Yes, found a folder full.

Can you locate all of those which have entries in them for each side of the "failures" and post them here ?

I don't know what you mean. Found 3 relevant log files (I think) and tried uploading as they were or zipped and the forum doesn't let me upload.

Should I paste the contents of th log files here? They might be a bit largish.

Can you post the top part of the result of this "Device Selection" result

CODE
Currently Selected DVB-T Devices
0: QUAD DVB-T: 0xB1    Up Down Remove
1: QUAD DVB-T: 0xA1    Up Down Remove
2: QUAD DVB-T: 0x91    Up Down Remove
3: QUAD DVB-T: 0x81    Up Down Remove

This is how it looked when I first set it up 4 years (Or more) ago.

I experienced a similar thing, off an on, with a win10x64pro PC which had 2x 7164 twin-tuners installed; it captured 2 but sometimes not up to the 4 channels that it should.

Only started happening with the latest round of updates for Windows 10, 2 months ago. (Or Java, not sure which did it). Could be both. Prior to that, everything worked fine.

Even when recordings were damaged by storms, signal lost etc, it always finished recording. Never have had recordings utterly vanish all the while being reported as recording fine by the system.

+Quote Post
therat
post Dec 13 2015, 11:25 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

in the log folder there should be logs beginning with the name capture like this Capture-20151212-182001-412.log. Look through them till you find the one(s) relevant to your missing recording. Zip that log file up and attach it to your reply. Should only be small.

BTW I assume you are using DNTV Scheduler Pro latest version?

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Dec 13 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #7

Participant

QUOTE (therat @ Dec 13 2015, 12:25 PM) *
in the log folder there should be logs beginning with the name capture like this Capture-20151212-182001-412.log. Look through them till you find the one(s) relevant to your missing recording. Zip that log file up and attach it to your reply. Should only be small.

BTW I assume you are using DNTV Scheduler Pro latest version?

This is the only version that I know of currently, 2.1.2.3. And I think it's a few years old now. I've attached what I **thought** were the correct logs. Fingers crossed:)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DNTV_logs.zip ( 10.44K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
therat
post Dec 13 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

QUOTE (Flakheart @ Dec 13 2015, 12:28 PM) *
This is the only version that I know of currently, 2.1.2.3. And I think it's a few years old now. I've attached what I **thought** were the correct logs. Fingers crossed:)

Well to a degree I can replicate part of your problem. I get the same disappearing file if I use the MPG encoder on 9HD. I think you need to change that to record in TS-Mux and see if that fixes the problem.

+Quote Post
therat
post Dec 13 2015, 02:02 PM
Post #9

Forum Regular

I notice you use Shared MPG Mux as your encoder. If sharing is a priority then test using Mux Share

Another thing to try is a full reinstall of DNTV LIVE (excluding the included AC3 filter, later one is better) and don't overwrite the server.prop when asked as that should save your settings. The reinstall will ensure all filters are installed correctly. Be sure to right-click on setup file and select Run as Administrator.

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Dec 13 2015, 06:55 PM
Post #10

Participant

QUOTE (therat @ Dec 13 2015, 03:02 PM) *
I notice you use Shared MPG Mux as your encoder. If sharing is a priority then test using Mux Share

Another thing to try is a full reinstall of DNTV LIVE (excluding the included AC3 filter, later one is better) and don't overwrite the server.prop when asked as that should save your settings. The reinstall will ensure all filters are installed correctly. Be sure to right-click on setup file and select Run as Administrator.

Okay, thanks. I will try that tonight when the family is asleep. Crossing y fingers:)

+Quote Post
therat
post Dec 16 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #11

Forum Regular

QUOTE (Flakheart @ Dec 13 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Okay, thanks. I will try that tonight when the family is asleep. Crossing y fingers:)

How did it go?

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Dec 18 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #12

Participant

QUOTE (therat @ Dec 16 2015, 03:40 PM) *
How did it go?

Did everything you said and it crashed with yet another kind of error.

To be perfectly honest, I am over it. After years of struggling to keep this software running with yet another problem after another and constantly having to ask for solutions yet again, I have ditched this java dependant behemoth and anything else I can that relies on java.

I am now using SichboPVR and while it isn't as flexible as DNTVSchedulerPRO, it doesn't crash with tons of different errors every time I upgrade my O/S or Java is updated. And I even have the actual author to ask questions of and the software is still being produced.

Thanks for the help over the years therat but i've had it. I've got yet another cancer test in January and I need to be stress free for that.

I hope Renura comes up with another quad card soon, in case mine dies one day but I know what software I will be using with it.

Kind regards and Merry Christmas to you.

+Quote Post
therat
post Dec 18 2015, 11:10 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

Sorry to hear it didn't work. Hope the tests go well.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Healthy 2016.

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Dec 19 2015, 03:01 AM
Post #14

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,667

Good luck and a good Christmas to you.
From http://sichbopvr.com/#features "Digits after each device indicate the number of positive or negative telemetry scans that I've received." which sort of implies telemetry from your PC to the vendor. If you are happy with that then good on you.

One other suggestion (not used it myself) for an actively maintained scheduler: http://www.videohelp.com/software/DV-Scheduler

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Dec 19 2015, 12:54 PM
Post #15

Participant

QUOTE (therat @ Dec 19 2015, 12:10 AM) *
Sorry to hear it didn't work. Hope the tests go well.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Healthy 2016.

Thanks Therat and the same goes to you. If we don't get burned out this Christmas, I will consider myself lucky!

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Dec 19 2015, 04:01 AM) *
Good luck and a good Christmas to you.
From http://sichbopvr.com/#features "Digits after each device indicate the number of positive or negative telemetry scans that I've received." which sort of implies telemetry from your PC to the vendor. If you are happy with that then good on you.

One other suggestion (not used it myself) for an actively maintained scheduler: http://www.videohelp.com/software/DV-Scheduler

Requires JAVA

Hell no. Never again

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 07:03 PM