> DV Scheduler (client) question, Can't see recorded files on the server
CharlesC
post Feb 13 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,148
Card: DNTV Quad

I am having trouble setting up DV Scheduler (v5.25) on a few PCs, as I'm finding the 'server' recorded files are not visible from the 'clients'.

The viewing and scheduling of recordings works well from both the 'server' PC and the 'client' ones. Except that I can't see anything under FILES on the client PCs. The recorded files are there on the server, and visible, as the server sees them and plays them OK. And they will play remotely through VLC or other media player when dbl-clicked in Windows Explorer on the client.

The server PC has the capture devices, the client PCs are just for viewing or remotely scheduling recordings.

The server settings are:-
Default Local - Surf
Default Remote - Network Path

Capture path(s)
\\192.168.0.65\DV.CAPTURE
\\192.168.0.65\DV.TS.Files

The client settings are basically the same:-
Default Local - Surf

Capture path(s)

The above settings may well not be entered correctly.
I've noticed that I can add other capture paths in the server listing, and it sees these. If I do the same in the client, it just won't show any paths with their files, even if they are on the local hard drive (such as C:\TV).

The bit I would like to get going now is the ability for the client PCs to see the list of files that the server has recorded, so that they can be played back on the client PCs as well as viewing live TV channels.

As a further useful bit of functionality, perhaps DV Scheduler could allow some other paths to viewable files, like in a library area. I have added extra paths on the server like this, and it works well for additional file playback, but DV Scheduler will no doubt try and record into those folders.

DV Scheduler is a great piece of software BTW. I tried to use JTVLan for initial functionality quite some time ago, but it's development didn't continue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Feb 13 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,512
Card: None

QUOTE (CharlesC @ Feb 13 2009, 12:48 PM) *
I am having trouble setting up DV Scheduler (v5.25) on a few PCs, as I'm finding the 'server' recorded files are not visible from the 'clients'.

The viewing and scheduling of recordings works well from both the 'server' PC and the 'client' ones. Except that I can't see anything under FILES on the client PCs. The recorded files are there on the server, and visible, as the server sees them and plays them OK. And they will play remotely through VLC or other media player when dbl-clicked in Windows Explorer on the client.

The server PC has the capture devices, the client PCs are just for viewing or remotely scheduling recordings.

The server settings are:-
Default Local - Surf

Capture path(s)

The client settings are basically the same:-
Default Local - Surf

Capture path(s)

The above settings may well not be entered correctly.
I've noticed that I can add other capture paths in the server listing, and it sees these. If I do the same in the client, it just won't show any paths with their files, even if they are on the local hard drive (such as C:\TV).

The bit I would like to get going now is the ability for the client PCs to see the list of files that the server has recorded, so that they can be played back on the client PCs as well as viewing live TV channels.

As a further useful bit of functionality, perhaps DV Scheduler could allow some other paths to viewable files, like in a library area. I have added extra paths on the server like this, and it works well for additional file playback, but DV Scheduler will no doubt try and record into those folders.

DV Scheduler is a great piece of software BTW. I tried to use JTVLan for initial functionality quite some time ago, but it's development didn't continue.

On the Surf page there is a config button (spanner crossed with a screwdriver). Set the network path of the the capture directory there. (\\share\dir)

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
CharlesC
post Feb 16 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

QUOTE (ozNick @ Feb 13 2009, 07:59 PM) *
On the Surf page there is a config button (spanner crossed with a screwdriver). Set the network path of the the capture directory there. (\\share\dir)

Thanks, that did it.

Is there any more documentation on DV Scheduler? Like a Wiki page or similar?
I've read most of the posts on it, and dug around in the install folder for html docs.

There's another related question.

I would like DVS to allow playback from one or more folders, but these are not capture folders. Can DVS show these under 'FILES" if they are not part of the server's capture paths?

This post has been edited by CharlesC: Feb 16 2009, 03:08 PM

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Feb 16 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,512
Card: None

QUOTE (CharlesC @ Feb 16 2009, 11:26 AM) *
Thanks, that did it.
No problem

Is there any more documentation on DV Scheduler? Like a Wiki page or similar?
I've read most of the posts on it, and dug around in the install folder for html docs.
No doco exists - if your offering your time...

There's another related question.

I would like DVS to allow playback from one or more folders, but these are not capture folders. Can DVS show these under 'FILES" if they are not part of the server's capture paths?
Is being looked into but don't hold your breath.

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
CharlesC
post Feb 17 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Thanks re note on other folders.

QUOTE (ozNick @ Feb 16 2009, 10:52 PM) *
No doco exists - if your offering your time...

Trying to understand it myself first. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 05:38 PM