IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Explanations Of Some Software On Here Or The Wiki?
Guest_Squidgey_*
post Oct 5 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #1

Guests

There seems to be much software on these forums being developed, but there seems to be little for the newbie who is browsing these forums. I'm suprised there isn't a sticky (or a searchable topic on the wiki) that clearly defines what they actually are and what they do.

For example, DigitalWatch - you can see on the Wiki that it is a free open source project for watching DVB-T digital television, but there's nothing there stating why you should use it instead of what came with your card. I've downloaded it and it seemed much more difficult to configure and didn't seem to offer any benefits?

WebScheduler seems much better documented on the Wiki.

HIP - Well, I've no idea what this is at all, other than it's some control software. There seems nothing on the Wiki about this either. From reading a few posts, maybe it makes remote control easier to work with. I'm quite confused here.

What would it take to place an article or link to the Wiki in the support forums for the above software with something along the lines of "What exactly is xxx?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Oct 5 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #2

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Re: DigitalWatch. Most of the basic information about it is on the website, however the web server runs off my own ADSL connection and I just moved house and am having trouble getting it up and running again with my new modem.

[Edit]
Woohoo. It's fixed!
http://nate.dynalias.net/
[/Edit]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rob S
post Oct 6 2006, 10:15 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

That's what the wiki is for. Putting information into it smile.gif So if you feel inspired to do so, then go right ahead smile.gif It can only improve if people add to it...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 03:20 PM