> ShowShifter and DVB-t Cards
renura
post Sep 8 2004, 12:53 PM
Post #81

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

MyTheatre (google on name) may work with your sat card if you haven't already tried it.

MyTheatre works well with both DVB-t and DVB-s cards and so does ProgDVB.
However none of them can handle two cards in the same PC operating at the same time, as Digivision does.

Cheers

Renura

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_jonty_*
post Sep 9 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #82

Guests

Hmmm Renura, so basically if I have two VP cards one DVB-S and DVB-T, the DVB-S is effectively useless? I don't consider setting up different hardware profiles a valid workaround BTW...

+Quote Post
renura
post Sep 9 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #83

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

Hmmm Renura, so basically if I have two VP cards one DVB-S and DVB-T, the DVB-S is effectively useless? I don't consider setting up different hardware profiles a valid workaround BTW...

Not quite.

Apart from Digivison, I am reasonably sure that you can use different applications to use both (ie one application for DVB-t and another for DVB-s). Just have to make sure tha these application don't share the same filters/decoders/etc.

Try experimentig with ProgDVB and WS, SS, DW, VisionDTV, etc.
Else wait until joebloggs release UltraDTV rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Renura

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Guest_sammo2828_*
post Sep 18 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #84

Guests

Okay, so I went out to buy a TwinHan VisionPlus Vision DTV card and found that the supplied software didn't work. The drivers and software installed without error, as well as channel search. However I couldn't get more than the first few frames of a channel on the screen.

Then I tried DigitalWatch, which worked okay for watching DTV but had major stuttering problems recording/timeshifting.

I then tried using the Spectrum BDA drivers and installed the latest Showshifter 3.02 beta, which again worked okay for watching DTV but also had problems recording/timeshifting.

Next, I noticed that the problems with recording/timeshifting were might have been related to disk access. When there is reading/writing to the hard drive, the audio and video is very jerky/stuttering.

CPU utilisation on my Athlon XP 2500+ is always less than 20% so it's not that. Using a Radeon 9550, which plays DVDs, xvid and divx without problems.

I'm using the Asus a7nx8e-deluxe motherboard with the nforce2 chipset and a 200GB SATA hard drive. Perhaps it's got something to do with the SATA controller? Or maybe it's got something to do with signal interference?

Oh yeh, and I've had no problems with signal strength/quality with my other HD set top boxes so I know I'm in a good reception area.

Does anybody have any ideas about what might be going on? Next step is to do another fresh install of WinXP.

+Quote Post
darro
post Sep 18 2004, 03:18 PM
Post #85

Forum Regular

Group: FAQ Maintainer
Member No.: 168
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Have you read the FAQ?

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?show...tureCorruptions

+Quote Post
Guest_sammo2828_*
post Sep 19 2004, 12:19 AM
Post #86

Guests

Okay, thanks .. you pointed me in the right direction ..

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?show...indpost&p=17915

+Quote Post
Guest_sammo2828_*
post Sep 20 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #87

Guests

Showshifter DVB with Spectrum's BDA driver is looking good so far .. still have a few problems though, and it'll be good to see if others are having the same ..

Changing between channels using the menu sometimes takes more than 5 seconds, which seems like a long time. I think it happens when changing between 2/7/9/10 but not as bad when changing within the channels (e.g. 7 Digital 1, 7 Digital 2, etc).

Flicking channels using "control-up/down" always takes more than 5 seconds. I think flicking "down" a channel is worse than flicking "up" a channel.

High Definition (HD) channels appear to be a bit jerky, about once every few seconds. My CPU utilisation is less than 50% for HD channels.

When this beta software becomes a bit more polished, I'll be buying it for sure! Hopefully it'll support dual-tuner as well.

+Quote Post
Guest_Minotaur_*
post Sep 25 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #88

Guests

Hopefully SS will overcome the pillbox problem that exists when viewing 4:3 content from the Fusion smile.gif
Right now it takes 9 zoom levels to go from 16:9 to 4:3 - hopefully they will make a zoom-toggle to allow switching.

+Quote Post
Guest_Andrew_*
post Oct 17 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #89

Guests

I have not been around for ages, just got back in the country and I am going to give the new version of ShowShifter a go with the Spectrum BDA drivers.

However Spectrum's site to download his BDA drivers is gone (http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~spectrum/). Are the Spectrum BDA Drivers still available?

+Quote Post
Guest_coolchris_*
post Oct 19 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #90

Guests

Yes...anyone know where they are?

+Quote Post
Guest_sammo2828_*
post Oct 19 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #91

Guests

nate has them here: http://nate.dynalias.net/DigitalWatch/file...0BDA%20Drivers/

references (use the search!):
http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?act=...indpost&p=18778
http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?act=...indpost&p=18683
http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?act=...indpost&p=18585
http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?act=...indpost&p=16849

+Quote Post
darro
post Oct 20 2004, 08:34 AM
Post #92

Forum Regular

Group: FAQ Maintainer
Member No.: 168
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Or the FAQ

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=814#Links

+Quote Post
Guest_Jamie Graham_*
post Oct 23 2004, 01:07 PM
Post #93

Guests

Showshifter 3.10

This has replaced 3.02

Cheers
Jamie

+Quote Post
Guest_The Solutor_*
post Oct 29 2004, 05:15 AM
Post #94

Guests

SS v 3.10 now supports both, the BDA and the twinhan legacy drivers.

Two choice is better than one

+Quote Post
Guest_Boney_*
post Dec 14 2004, 07:11 PM
Post #95

Guests

Hi All,

I have put together a HID profile for use on a Sony Ericsson phone to remotely control a Show Shifter HTPC via Bluetooth. For those of you not familiar with this. Some models of Sony Ericsson phones (namely the K700, V800 and S700 range) support the ability to map buttons on the phone to keyboard and mouse functions on a PC to which it is connected via Bluetooth.

To do this you will need a Sony Ericsson K700, V800 or S700 phone, a PC with Bluetooth capability (either built in or via a Bluetooth USB dongle) and of course Show Shifter.

Simply download one of the files below for your particular model of phone and then upload it to your phone (via bluetooth will probably be easiest). Once this is done your phone will ask you if you wish to save the file into the Remote Control section. You can then access this section under the menu Connectivity->Bluetooth->Remote Control. Select the ShowShifter HID profile and the following image should be displayed on your phone's screen:

If that is successfull you can now remotely control Show Shifter from your phone.

Here are the download links:
S700
K700, V800

Let me know if you have any issues. Note: I have not tested the K700, V800 version but it should work ok.

+Quote Post
Guest_magnetik_*
post Dec 14 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #96

Guests

that is super cool!!!! have you posted that over at the showshifter forums ???

just a shame your skin is out of sync with the new RC build now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_filpee_*
post Dec 18 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #97

Guests

QUOTE (Boney @ Dec 14 2004, 05:11 PM)
Hi All,

I have put together a HID profile for use on a Sony Ericsson phone to remotely control a Show Shifter HTPC via Bluetooth.  For those of you not familiar with this.  Some models of Sony Ericsson phones (namely the K700, V800 and S700 range) support the ability to map buttons on the phone to keyboard and mouse functions on a PC to which it is connected via Bluetooth. 

To do this you will need a Sony Ericsson K700, V800 or S700 phone, a PC with Bluetooth capability (either built in or via a Bluetooth USB dongle) and of course Show Shifter.

Simply download one of the files below for your particular model of phone and then upload it to your phone (via bluetooth will probably be easiest).  Once this is done your phone will ask you if you wish to save the file into the Remote Control section.  You can then access this section under the menu Connectivity->Bluetooth->Remote Control.  Select the ShowShifter HID profile and the following image should be displayed on your phone's screen:

If that is successfull you can now remotely control Show Shifter from your phone.

Here are the download links:
S700
K700, V800

Let me know if you have any issues.  Note: I have not tested the K700, V800 version but it should work ok.

is there a version that will work with the t630 or t610 ?

+Quote Post
Guest_The Solutor_*
post Dec 18 2004, 05:37 PM
Post #98

Guests

is there a version that will work with the t630 or t610 ?

This is not a Showsshifter feature, is a standard fature IF your phone provide the HID profile in the Bluetooth services.

If the answer is YES you can use the Sonyericsson Phone to command a lot of program (Windows media player, winamp, and so on)

If the answer is NO, probably your phone need a FW upgrade.

Upgrade your phone and enjoy.

You can look here for detailed istructions (bottom of the page).

(is an italian site but I hope, is understandable)

http://www.timewalker.it/faq/FaqZ1010.asp

+Quote Post
Guest_The Solutor_*
post Dec 18 2004, 06:05 PM
Post #99

Guests

RC1 version of SS is avaliable, with a lot of fixes and a new cool skin

Showshifter 3.10 RC1

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 01:54 AM