> DV Scheduler - audio/video sync or "skipped"
ukexposed
post Jan 6 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11,699
Card: None

Using DV Scheduler, when I record in MPEG PS the audio and video gradually go out of sync in the recording - they are correct at the start of the recording, and anything up to 5-10 seconds out at the end.

I tried to change the recording to DVR-MS following instructions on these forum to copy back some old files, this works fine and the audio and video stay in sync throughout the recordings - however these recordings seem to fail on a random basis - occasionally the recordings are fine, but 70%+ of the time it will just say "Waiting for retry" at the start time, and then after the event, "Skipped" - the signal strength is fine on these channels so I cannot work out why most DVR-MS recordings fail and others don't?

By default I would like to use MPEG PS as I can work with these files straight away, but the audio and video sync issues are problematic - again I am happy to use DVR-MS as I am familiar with that format too, as a user of Windows MCE on another PC, but cannot rely on it missing my recordings!

Any ideas?

D.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dencorub
post Jan 6 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Participant

Member No.: 10,065
Card: PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro

This was discussed in the DV Sheduler main thread, and apparantly it's an issue with ffmpeg and errors in the data stream.

I use TS format, and it does a better job, although it too has problems of just stopping recording, even if the logs don't show any errors.

I also find it frustrating when things fall over for no apparant reason, with no clue given as to why. It seems it's not limited to any one program either. I've tried a number of different programs, and they all seem to have issues of some sort to varying levels of annoyance.

+Quote Post
anthonyshephard
post Jan 7 2009, 06:04 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,060
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

TS is the best you can get because it is the actual transport stream that is received. You can convert it subsequently to elemental files using ProjectX and then back to mpeg using mplex.exe. However if you must using mpeg then I suggest using mencoder;
record(rid($rid),$pid,send(prog('"c:\Program Files\Mplayer\Mencoder.exe" - -aid $audiopid -ovc copy -oac copy -noskip -of mpeg -o "$name.mpg"')))
in the ini file you want to use for it.

But!! It isn't perfect and occasionally also looses sync.

Anthony

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Jan 7 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 6,512
Card: None

QUOTE (ukexposed @ Jan 6 2009, 04:35 AM) *
Using DV Scheduler, when I record in MPEG PS the audio and video gradually go out of sync in the recording - they are correct at the start of the recording, and anything up to 5-10 seconds out at the end.

I tried to change the recording to DVR-MS following instructions on these forum to copy back some old files, this works fine and the audio and video stay in sync throughout the recordings - however these recordings seem to fail on a random basis - occasionally the recordings are fine, but 70%+ of the time it will just say "Waiting for retry" at the start time, and then after the event, "Skipped" - the signal strength is fine on these channels so I cannot work out why most DVR-MS recordings fail and others don't?

By default I would like to use MPEG PS as I can work with these files straight away, but the audio and video sync issues are problematic - again I am happy to use DVR-MS as I am familiar with that format too, as a user of Windows MCE on another PC, but cannot rely on it missing my recordings!

Any ideas?

D.

I had many issues with ffmpeg for real time muxing.

I suggest trying the VLC Muxer as described on the DV Scheduler page under QA.
http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~efax/DV%20Scheduler.html#Q/A.
Look for "Can you save multiple audio tracks in MPEG-PS format?"

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 08:57 PM