IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chameleon, HTPC Front end for Windows
Guest_mooland_*
post Oct 6 2005, 08:35 AM
Post #1

Guests

Has anyone tried the HTPC front end Chameleon I have tried GB-PVR and am currently using Meedio, was wondering if this one was any good?

Main reason for not just jumping in and trying it is that I now have Meedio to a spot where it is acceptable to my GF and she allows me to have a PC running the TV, don't want to risk that wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post Oct 6 2005, 10:34 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 316
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

QUOTE (mooland @ Oct 6 2005, 08:35 AM) *
Has anyone tried the HTPC front end Chameleon I have tried GB-PVR and am currently using Meedio, was wondering if this one was any good?

Main reason for not just jumping in and trying it is that I now have Meedio to a spot where it is acceptable to my GF and she allows me to have a PC running the TV, don't want to risk that wink.gif

Interesting themes looking at the screenshots. A mixture of GANT from MythTV and XPMCE standard. It looks pretty basic. I'm in the same boat as you, however. The wife has me on permenant probation so I don't want to rock the boat too hard. I'm very happy with Meedio ATM but it does slow the system down a little if I leave it running overnight and the DVB support is very clunky but I'm sure that'll improve (until then I'm just launching FusionHDTV). My take is if it aint broke...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_narcan_*
post Nov 6 2005, 08:49 PM
Post #3

Guests

Stick to Meedio..

This program looks as though it's just a program launcher on similar to myHTPC..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 09:10 AM