Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HIP Remote Wonder + MCE IR Blaster
Guest_Jam_*
post Jul 10 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi,

I'm going to try and get my IR blaster working and would like to clarify something before I begin. First, here's my setup:

PVR 150 MCE
Adaptec 3610 - dual tuner FM
Remote Wonder 2

I currently use the remote wonder 2 and would like to know if I can use HIP to control my Remote Wonder 2 and use the IR blaster from my Adaptec 3610 (which has two). I ask this because most of the reading I've seen indicate that people are using the MCE remote as well.

Thanks,
Jam.z
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jul 11 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

You can certainly use Hip to act upon the key presses of your remote wonder, but I have no drivers for the Adaptec and so it will only work for half of your task

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Jam_*
post Jul 11 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (btmi @ Jul 10 2008, 11:09 PM) *
You can certainly use Hip to act upon the key presses of your remote wonder, but I have no drivers for the Adaptec and so it will only work for half of your task

The Adaptec dual tuner is an MCE compliant tuner and the remote that comes with it is registered as an eHome IR transciever or something like that. In fact, technically the only drivers come from MCE. I guess what I'm saying is that technically, the recieve and transmit are only MCE remote and transmitter bundled in with the tuners in one USB box.

Jam.z

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jul 18 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

The MCE drivers are very hardware specific, and will not even work with other versions of MCE hardware and so I am afraid you will be out of luck here unless you are prepared to play around with the source files for the drivers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Jam_*
post Jul 31 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Guests

So I tried it anyway and it seems to have worked so far.

I was able to teach a command and blast a command. The only hitch was that it only worked with port 2. I tried port 1 at first but no dice.

I haven't tested it with the IR input using the supplied IR remote, but I can't mess around with that as it's on a dedicated production machine.

Anyway, in short:
HIP+RW2 (generic option) + MCE IR blaster-port 2 (AVC 3610) seems to work. I didn't use the replacement drivers and I didn't delete the registry codes.

On another computer, I used a PVR150 MCE kit and HIP seems to work with that even without the replacement drivers - again, I didn't delete the registry codes nor used the replacement drivers. Both of these are eHome IR Transcievers and the two MCE remotes I have are interchangeable.

Jam.z

+Quote Post
btmi
post Aug 1 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice....I am surprised that it all worked. Some users have reported problems with the 2nd blaster and so you are not alone here.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 11:29 PM