IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could Lightning Damage Card ?
Guest_rodred_*
post Jan 22 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #1

Guests

On friday we had a thunder storm between where I live and the transmitter tower at yatpool in northwest victoria. I was watching cricket on the computer using DNTV Live!Pro card, when the signal from the transmitter droped out.. "the analog tv in other room dropped out same time." I shut the comuter down ,when rebooted later DNTV Llive could only get all of the ABC channels nothing else, the FM radio was still working ok. I decieded to rescan no good., then reinstalled card and software but now wont lock on to any signal or FM either now..have I cooked my "goose" rolleyes.gif miss the digital cricket coverage. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 22 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

QUOTE (rodred @ Jan 22 2006, 02:46 PM) *
On friday we had a thunder storm between where I live and the transmitter tower at yatpool in northwest victoria. I was watching cricket on the computer using DNTV Live!Pro card, when the signal from the transmitter droped out.. "the analog tv in other room dropped out same time." I shut the comuter down ,when rebooted later DNTV Llive could only get all of the ABC channels nothing else, the FM radio was still working ok. I decieded to rescan no good., then reinstalled card and software but now wont lock on to any signal or FM either now..have I cooked my "goose" rolleyes.gif miss the digital cricket coverage. sad.gif

It sure can. I would remove the card and install it in a different PCI slots and see what happens, if it odes not work, then surely it has been damaged. You may be able to claim on insurance, if covered smile.gif

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Guest_rodred_*
post Jan 23 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 22 2006, 10:20 PM) *
QUOTE (rodred @ Jan 22 2006, 02:46 PM) *

It sure can. I would remove the card and install it in a different PCI slots and see what happens, if it odes not work, then surely it has been damaged. You may be able to claim on insurance, if covered smile.gif

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Jan 23 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I've accidentally allowed another PCI card touch the tuner whilst it was in use and blue sparks came out... the card still works perfectly fine though

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 03:51 PM