blackEyEz
post Jul 4 2009, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,337
Card: None

Hi all,

I am totally lost. I am setting up my Harmony One to connect to my HTPC. I managed to program it correctly to operate MediaPortal and MCE Vista but i want to program microsoft classic player. I tried first Girder but that was a total maze and didnt understood at all, so i am trying HIP now.

I programmed MCE IR in my harmony one.

HIP setup wizard ..
- input device Keyboard
- output device clicked next, dont think i need it
- master control - i red additional so clicked next
- other settings - next
- applications - browsed to mplayerc.exe
- saved conf file and finish

I now come in a window with programs and a button add value
Not sure what to do next, so i click add value and it pops up with "get user input"
For a test i do spacebar which is play/pauze in media player classic.
Then next popup im getting confused, i see i can give a name to the keyboard action ok i name it "Play/pauze", system keys I have no idea there, so i press OK

Now my biggest question is how does my harmony one remote Play/pauze button know that it needs to press spacebar when i run media player classic?

As a test i press Run and load up MPC, and load a movie and it wont pauze for me.

Oh i found under Remote I/O, add edit IR commands but adding a IR and pointing it 1cm to the receiver doesnt work for me, i get a error time out.

Can someone help me? Thank you

Update: I am following the FAQ at http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/HipGuide and i did eveything it asked me and i am stuck at adding a value to microsoft classic player. At the Get User Input window it just cant receive an IR command.

Update 2: btw i have a origenae s16t with a IR221 ir receiver

Update 3: Trying to do the MCE replacement method on http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm and when i was given a discussion link in the title it said "obsolete" (???) and when i try to install the drivers on http://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Down...lacementDriver/ i geeeeeett:
'devcon' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Come on please can someone help me this is a mess.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jul 23 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I have no idea what a IR221 receiver is and so if the commands that are generated by the Harmony remote are doing nothing, then I am afraid you may be out of luck. If the commands are being interpreted as keyboard commands, then it is tricky to override this and so you should use Hip or Girder in in keyboard mode.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 09:08 PM