drdos7
post Jan 5 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 642
Card: Compro VideoMate DVB-T300

Hi,

I've just got a Dual Digital 4 with an IR Remote.

The card has scanned all channels OK in W7 MC.

I've installed the Remote proggie.

Under "Configuration" I've selected the remote that looks like mine and under "Port", for "Remocon device" I've selected "USB/RTC".

My problem is I can't get any response, the red led on the remote lights up when I press a key but no response when I run "Test".

Does the Tray Icon light up when the remote is pressed?

Maybe the receiver is U/S?

Thanks,

dRdoS7.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mareke
post Jan 5 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,823
Card: None

QUOTE (drdos7 @ Jan 5 2010, 09:13 AM) *
Hi,

I've just got a Dual Digital 4 with an IR Remote.

The card has scanned all channels OK in W7 MC.

I've installed the Remote proggie.

Under "Configuration" I've selected the remote that looks like mine and under "Port", for "Remocon device" I've selected "USB/RTC".

My problem is I can't get any response, the red led on the remote lights up when I press a key but no response when I run "Test".

Does the Tray Icon light up when the remote is pressed?

Maybe the receiver is U/S?

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

The tray icon doesn't light up when the remote is pressed. When doing the test for the remote the button you press on the remote should cause the corresponding button in the onscreen picture of the remote to move. I had a similar problem and it turned out the remote cable was faulty. I sent the remote and cable back to the seller under warranty and he replaced the remote even though I told him the cable was the problem. After I complained he asked me to send the faulty cable back to him but I never heard from him again so getting a replacement remote under warranty is easy enough but it's not so easy getting a replacement cable (at least not if you bought online as I did). If your remote cable is properly connected and you point the remote at the receiver on the end of the cable and the remote doesn't work your remote cable may be faulty. Not being able to use the remote doesn't particularly bother me since it's easier to control the tuner using your mouse anyway. Remotes with TV tuner cards aren't particularly useful in my opinion.

+Quote Post
drdos7
post Jan 5 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Hi,

I've found that if I ran the Remote proggie in "Compatability Mode" as Vista under W7 it works!!!!

Now I've just got to get it to start the PC from sleep. I think I have to change the jumper from PME to Switch (I hope).

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

This post has been edited by drdos7: Jan 5 2010, 05:13 PM

+Quote Post
drdos7
post Jan 10 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Hi,

Well, the remote will turn the PC now.

Only one problem: it stops sending all other buttons occasionally.

First time a reboot fixed it.

Anybody had this problem?

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

+Quote Post
pellajl
post May 10 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #5

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 13,403

QUOTE (drdos7 @ Jan 10 2010, 10:18 AM) *
Hi,

Well, the remote will turn the PC now.

Only one problem: it stops sending all other buttons occasionally.

First time a reboot fixed it.

Anybody had this problem?

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

Yep. I have the same issues and then some. I am using Windows 7 x64 wih 2 Dual Digital 4 cards.

The problems are summaried below:

1. Remote control would not work at all - Solution - Dvico supplied an updated remocon.dll file.
2. Remote control does not operate occasionally when PC is awakened from sleep - No solution yet from Dvico. Reboot provides a temporary fix.
3. When using PME mode, the remote will not awaken the PC from sleep. However, if the PC is powered down, the remote control will power up the PC - No technical solution from Dvico. Temporary fix is to connect the tuner card to the power switch as per instruction.
4. On five occassion, the PC crashed (bluescreen of death). Crash dump files and associated error logs have been sent to Dvico for analysis.
5. On occassions, the PC can loose one or more tuners. At one stage, I had three out of four tuners with exclamation marks and and error code 10 saying the device could not be started. No amount of rebooting, unistall/install drivers etc seemed to fix the issue. Windows error logs indicated a failure in the PnP function associate with the cards. I installed a small MCE application and that seemed to shake up something and all of a sudden, all four devices were available. The devices seem to come and go when the feel like it. Error log information has been sent to Dvico for analysis.
6. No TV Signal when recording. MCE has a known problem and Microfsoft released a patch and it has made no difference. What is weired is despite receiving a message sayimg it couldn't record the show, it actually has.

As is usual, Dvico has indicated that they have never seen these issues before. I encourage you to report the issue to Also Technologies in Sydney. Ask for the Dvico product manager named Michael.

You may also want to demand Dvico undertake a Windows 7 certification test which will give you some degree comfort. The current hardware and software hasn't even been certified for Vista. mad.gif

Regards

John

+Quote Post
drdos7
post May 11 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

QUOTE (pellajl @ May 10 2010, 11:32 PM) *
Yep. I have the same issues and then some. I am using Windows 7 x64 wih 2 Dual Digital 4 cards.

The problems are summaried below:

1. Remote control would not work at all - Solution - Dvico supplied an updated remocon.dll file.
2. Remote control does not operate occasionally when PC is awakened from sleep - No solution yet from Dvico. Reboot provides a temporary fix.
3. When using PME mode, the remote will not awaken the PC from sleep. However, if the PC is powered down, the remote control will power up the PC - No technical solution from Dvico. Temporary fix is to connect the tuner card to the power switch as per instruction.
4. On five occassion, the PC crashed (bluescreen of death). Crash dump files and associated error logs have been sent to Dvico for analysis.
5. On occassions, the PC can loose one or more tuners. At one stage, I had three out of four tuners with exclamation marks and and error code 10 saying the device could not be started. No amount of rebooting, unistall/install drivers etc seemed to fix the issue. Windows error logs indicated a failure in the PnP function associate with the cards. I installed a small MCE application and that seemed to shake up something and all of a sudden, all four devices were available. The devices seem to come and go when the feel like it. Error log information has been sent to Dvico for analysis.
6. No TV Signal when recording. MCE has a known problem and Microfsoft released a patch and it has made no difference. What is weired is despite receiving a message sayimg it couldn't record the show, it actually has.

As is usual, Dvico has indicated that they have never seen these issues before. I encourage you to report the issue to Also Technologies in Sydney. Ask for the Dvico product manager named Michael.

You may also want to demand Dvico undertake a Windows 7 certification test which will give you some degree comfort. The current hardware and software hasn't even been certified for Vista. mad.gif

Regards

John

When I first posted I hadn't done anything other than install, scan and use in 7MC. Initally all (except the remote) was good. After a short time I found the tuner/s not working after sleep. Sometimes needing to be shutdown and restarted. I've used their Q&A to post problems. They answer ("we think this or that"), but do nothing.

I've bought a DNTV S3 card, I'll keep the DD4. Hopefully they'll come up with better drivers and it will be worth something. It could be related to the USB drivers (VIA), who knows?

I had thoughts of putting it on ebay for 28 days, with a list of problems a few appear to be having. Put an enormous postage cost so no-one will want to buy. A bit of adverse advertising.

dRdoS7

+Quote Post
lisa king
post Jul 3 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #7

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 15,429

QUOTE (drdos7 @ Jan 5 2010, 05:12 PM) *
Hi,

I've found that if I ran the Remote proggie in "Compatability Mode" as Vista under W7 it works!!!!

Now I've just got to get it to start the PC from sleep. I think I have to change the jumper from PME to Switch (I hope).

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

thanks, this is what i found here. and glad to join this froum to find answer

+Quote Post
batman
post Jul 16 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #8

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 15,448

Hay there, I already have on it works fine.How about the others?

--------------------
Check it out ESL in Korea.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 05:16 PM