IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hip master controls catatonic
Guest_dripfeed_*
post Apr 15 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Guests

I cannot get the enhanced master control commands to appear in the configure window's textbox. Selecting all or any of the default actions to include and clicking OK doesn't help. They are not added to the list.
Trying to add a single command displays the appropriate dialog but all the controls except the execute program and cancel buttons are disabled.

Displaying the EMC works but with no master commands I can't scroll down the list of applications. Left clicking the scroll arrow removes the EMC from the screen.

All this used to work but stopped working about 2 updates ago. I have tried removing the program and reinstalling to no avail. Is there something I have missed in preferences or is this a registry setting that is not getting changed on reinstall?

Great program if I can get it working again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 16 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Now that we are back on air...

Can you tell me what input method you are using (keyboard/IrMan/Generic) and I will check this out today.

**EDIT**
I have avoided using the registry (apart from the uninstall routine), but it could certainly be a missing file in the installation. Can you confirm what version you have got running (as listed in the About box).

Actually if you can PM or email your hip configuration file so I can have a look as I am not able to replicate this using any of the interfaces

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 16 2004, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

I think I have just worked out what is going on here.

Firstly, the Select Default Actions to Include button is a list of the actions that are available in EMC using the Up and Down keys. Generally you should cull this list so that only the items you require are displayed to save cycling through all of the options.

If your input device does not already have Up/Down and Enter keys defined, you must define these by selecting Enhanced Master Controls Command radio button and then selecting the Add Value button.

If you are using the keyboard interface, the reason the keys are grayed out (the Execute Program should be greyed out as well) is that HIP is waiting for you to tell it what key you want to define. So if you press a key on your remote, or on your keyboard then the items in the list will now be available for selection.

If that is not the case, please let me know...

+Quote Post
Guest_dripfeed_*
post Apr 17 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #4

Guests

Now that we are back on air...
That explains yesterday.
Thanks for your reply and apologies for any time wasted.

Interesting how users can approach things from a different angle that someone who knows the app might never expect. Its a bit like Ikea furniture assembly, the help files are often ignored. Brings out the bugs in the software or the idiot in the user. I think I have displayed the latter.

I have been enlightened thanks to your comments. I was expecting the selected list of commands to appear in the configure window (as they do for individual apps) after selecting enhanced master controls commands checkboxes and closing that dialog. When adding a command I expected to select a command and then press the remote rather than the reverse (despite the message at the top of the dialog!) ie similar to editing a command which I had done before.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 18 2004, 11:01 AM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply and apologies for any time wasted.

Don't apologise...with these problems it is usually a design issue at fault (which is mine) and so I have tried to make it a bit clearer in the current release. Just so long as it is working again for you....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 11:30 PM