Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DVB VP-7041 Driving me nuts!
Guest_UGJammin_*
post Aug 3 2007, 06:18 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi,

A few years ago (I think) I bought a Twinhan DBV VP-7041 which I used on my laptop with no problems. A couple of days ago I found it and thought I'd re-install it but it's driving me mad and I would really appreciate some help.

I've read all the topics on the forums about how it's best to avoid the 7041 and it's not really supported but I really don't want this to beat me!

I'm running Windows Vista Enterprise 32 on an AMD Athlon 2.00GHz machine. When I plug in the box Vista claims to install it fine and recognises it as a USB digibox.

From the Twinhan website I downloaded the software DigitalTV3 but when I run it is says "No support device found" and I have to quit the install. Thinking it might be a driver issue I downloaded the Twinhan Driver Setup Latest file and updated the driver and tried again with the same result.

Wondering if it was a Vista issue I did exactly the same thing on a Windows XP VM that I have installed and I get exactly the same error even though it's clearly listed in the device manager.

I've tried downloading a couple of other pieces of software recommended on the forums incase it was the Twinhan software that was the problem but none of them recognise the device.

Can anyone please help me with any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can suggest.

Jammin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
renura
post Aug 3 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #2

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

As far as I know, there are no BDA driver for that device and all new TH software would not support it, furthermore it can not handle HDTV, so you would be fighting a lost cause if that is what you wanted.

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Guest_UGJammin_*
post Aug 3 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Aug 3 2007, 12:18 AM) *
As far as I know, there are no BDA driver for that device and all new TH software would not support it, furthermore it can not handle HDTV, so you would be fighting a lost cause if that is what you wanted.

Hi renura,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've read a few times that there are no drivers to support this product but was finding it a bit hard to believe they would just discontinue the support (or hoped someone would have copies of old drivers that might work under XP) Surely someone out there has one of these things up and running??!

I'm not fussed about HDTV, as I said, it's become more of a 'personal' thing with this bloody box! wink.gif

Jammin

+Quote Post
renura
post Aug 3 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #4

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

QUOTE (UGJammin @ Aug 3 2007, 09:30 AM) *
Hi renura,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've read a few times that there are no drivers to support this product but was finding it a bit hard to believe they would just discontinue the support (or hoped someone would have copies of old drivers that might work under XP) Surely someone out there has one of these things up and running??!

I'm not fussed about HDTV, as I said, it's become more of a 'personal' thing with this bloody box! wink.gif

Jammin

There was never a BDA driver for this device, as far as I know (that was one of the reason we never sold it). The old software that came with the device uses WDM driver and it should still work. I am not sure if there are any newer version of the driver or AP, as I have not followed it for a while. However if they are not on the Twinhan site, then there may not be any.

This post has been edited by renura: Aug 3 2007, 11:23 AM

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Guest_UGJammin_*
post Aug 3 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Aug 3 2007, 02:15 AM) *
There was never a BDA driver for this device, as far as I know (that was one of the reason we never sold it). The old software that came with the device uses WDM driver and it should still work. I am not sure if there are any newer version of the driver or AP, as I have not followed it for a while. However if they are not on the Twinhan site, then there may not be any.

So, from what you're saying, if I can get hold of the old software then I might be able to use the device? I've looked back through my massive pile of CDs but haven't got the original software. Do you by any chance know what it's called or if there are any archive sites that might have a copy?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Jammin

+Quote Post
Guest_PVChleboun_*
post Aug 3 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #6

Guests

You are not alone. I am in a similar mess. I bought the Magic Box 7041 just a year ago and took the advice at the time to ignore the CD and download drivers and software from the site. This was working fine (but with various glitches every now and then - such as sudden channel hopping). So noticing that there was a new version (3.3) on the Twinhan site I duly downloaded it and followed all the instructions. Exactly the same result - software will not recognise it anymore. Worse still it trashed completely the old setup - so now I have a none working system sad.gif .

I have searched high and low for the previous version (on my computer and on the internet - no luck so far).

I cannot understand why Twinhan put up a version claiming to support all versions but clearly does not. I have tried lots of different driver versions (BDA not supported) - fully clearing out old ones first - following all the advice.

So if there is anyone out there who can please help.....

+Quote Post
Guest_UGJammin_*
post Aug 5 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #7

Guests

So many people seem to post on forums that they are looking for the original drivers / software... surely someone must still have an original CD or copies of the old driver that they'd be willing to share (even if it was necessary to donate a 'finders fee' of some sort)

I guess the problem is that people who have the 7041 working properly won't be browsing the forums - a bit of a catch22 situation I suppose!

+Quote Post
Aitcho62
post Aug 5 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,018
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

QUOTE (UGJammin @ Aug 3 2007, 02:33 AM) *
Do you by any chance know what it's called or if there are any archive sites that might have a copy?
Jammin

'Digital Rise' have a couple of versions of TwinhanDTV (WDM) available on the download section of their website.

TwinhanDTV 2.432 (WDM)
TwinhanDTV 2.608a (WDM)

http://www.digitalrise.biz/support/downloa...egory&id=12

Aitcho62

+Quote Post
Guest_UGJammin_*
post Aug 5 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (Aitcho62 @ Aug 5 2007, 07:39 AM) *
'Digital Rise' have a couple of versions of TwinhanDTV (WDM) available on the download section of their website.

TwinhanDTV 2.432 (WDM)
TwinhanDTV 2.608a (WDM)
http://www.digitalrise.biz/support/downloa...egory&id=12
Aitcho62

Hi Aitcho62,

Thanks for your reply, I did have a look at that site when I was searching around earlier and didn't get very far. However, today I tried again and followed the instructions and using the 2.608a (WDM) I have managed to get it working so thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

It's great when a forum comes up trumps :-)

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Jammin

+Quote Post
mango
post Jan 6 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #10

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,009
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

QUOTE (UGJammin @ Aug 5 2007, 11:49 AM) *
Hi Aitcho62,

Thanks for your reply, I did have a look at that site when I was searching around earlier and didn't get very far. However, today I tried again and followed the instructions and using the 2.608a (WDM) I have managed to get it working so thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

It's great when a forum comes up trumps :-)

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Jammin

i think i have a similar problem...
i have a vision plus dtv magic box, model vp-7041b,(external box)
i have a vista home premium 32bit 2gb laptop.

when i try the driver it came with 2.43, the software loads, but on scanning... doesnt scan .. it hangs.
when installing new 3.4 version it says no recognised device connected.
i also have problems now of the vista trying to install drivers and sometimes the vista hangs or crashes, now whenever i turn on the laptop (even after uninstalling dtv) vista first tries to install new drivers and fails to find them...!!! i have also had it mess up with the startup and had to use system repair and restore.

which drivers should i use..should i first uninstall some drivers which the vista tries to find? even though i uninstalled the application the box came with? a link would be good.... if i have to do 2 or 3 things pls tell me the steps and give the links pleeeeeeze

do i only install the 2.608a driver as mentioned above? sorry if i sound stupid... or do i then need to install other software / application to view freeview and record?

..i would like this to work..or did i just waste my money?
thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 12:34 AM