rajkumarle
post Aug 5 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,647
Card: None

HI ALL

I need your help to understand this problem.

The requirement is that the Operator is taking the broadcast signal from the satelllite. He is filtering out EIT table from the signal and giving it to us on a Multicast IP stream. ( MPEG-TS over IP)

Now i need to Filter this Multicast packet and parse the EIT table from it.

Currently, I am able to Parse a TS file from the harddisk( test.ts) and extract the EPG information out of it.

But that would not solve my problem since i need to parse directly from multicast ip and its a live stream.

Even if write a code to capture the multicast ip and store in a ts and then parse using my utility. then i am I am confused on

1. how much data should i capture from the live stream and store in a ts fille
2. How do i simultaneosuly write into a file and also parse the same ts file to get the EPG information

ALso is there any software tool that can Capture IP packet and get me the Section data based on my filter.

I searched and found DVBsnoop does something but its for DVB-C/S/T only not for MPEG-TS over IP. I want something for MPEG-TS over ip

Can someone help me how i should go about doing this.

Thanks and Regards
rajkumar
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mac
post Oct 11 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #2

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,797
Card: None

QUOTE (rajkumarle @ Aug 5 2010, 01:57 PM) *
HI ALL

I need your help to understand this problem.

The requirement is that the Operator is taking the broadcast signal from the satelllite. He is filtering out EIT table from the signal and giving it to us on a Multicast IP stream. ( MPEG-TS over IP)

Now i need to Filter this Multicast packet and parse the EIT table from it.

Currently, I am able to Parse a TS file from the harddisk( test.ts) and extract the EPG information out of it.

But that would not solve my problem since i need to parse directly from multicast ip and its a live stream.

Even if write a code to capture the multicast ip and store in a ts and then parse using my utility. then i am I am confused on

1. how much data should i capture from the live stream and store in a ts fille
2. How do i simultaneosuly write into a file and also parse the same ts file to get the EPG information

ALso is there any software tool that can Capture IP packet and get me the Section data based on my filter.

I searched and found DVBsnoop does something but its for DVB-C/S/T only not for MPEG-TS over IP. I want something for MPEG-TS over ip

Can someone help me how i should go about doing this.

Thanks and Regards
rajkumar

Hi Rajkumar,

did you get a answer for it. even i am looking for some sample code or tool in linux to get the EPG data from the IP TV multicast stream. i would appreciate if you could help me,

Mac.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 06:55 PM