> oztivo glitch?, epg downloads failing since aprril 24
bazzaa
post Apr 26 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 5,307
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

Has something changed at oztivo that I managed to miss? Anyone have any clues?

I normally grab my guide data off them, using Guidedog, at 6:02am. Since Friday it's been failing. All Guidedog reports is "Could not retrieve datalist.xml.gz ". I've found if I manually re-run it after about 7:00am there's no problem, it comes down as normal, but running it much before that (say at 6:30am) it still fails.

Am I striking some network unavailability, or system maintenance, something along those lines which stops the data being retrieved? I'm fairly sure the problem is not this end, otherwise it wouldn't just go ahead and work an hour later with no other intervention. I guess it could be some weird VB problem, but what?

I can't see any relevant posts on the oztivo site, but feel free to enlighten me, by all means!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I was able to reach http://www.oztivo.net/tivo-bin/tvguide.pl this morning, at the same time GD couldn't pull the data down, so I'm assuming it's not a problem between Internode and them, but I guess anything is possible.

--------------------
--- in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is a great deal of difference ---
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bazzaa
post Apr 30 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 5,307
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

For anyone who might care, it went away by itself about 4 days later. I can only assume they had problems serving up the data at particular times of the day.

--------------------
--- in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is a great deal of difference ---
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2019 - 12:48 PM