Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DVR-MS to MPG, New Tool
Guest_Tridec_*
post Feb 20 2005, 10:45 PM
Post #41

Guests

I too have searched enlessy for the mpgmux.ax filter. If anyone knows how to get it, could they PM me, please?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daniel
post Jun 5 2005, 11:48 AM
Post #42

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

is DVRtoMPG still available for download from somewhere? Unless im going blind http://www.digtv.ws/temp seems to be a bunch of links to other sites.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jun 5 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #43

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

www.digtv.ws is no longer maintained, the Web Scheduler SourceForge download site the the only place to get the files from now:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=117011

+Quote Post
daniel
post Jun 5 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #44

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

thanks for that

+Quote Post
paul_ahb
post Jul 9 2005, 05:45 PM
Post #45

Forum Regular

Member No.: 1,030
Card: None

Ocasionally (maybe 1 in 30? files) the convert won't work.

It must be something at the start of the file that prevents it from working.

because:
a) If I use dvr-edit to slice off the first frame then it will convert fine, and
b) if I use dvr-edit to just keep the first few seconds of the file then it won't convert

The symptoms of it not converting is that it just consumes 100% cpu and hangs (does nothing).

for an example dud file look here:

http://paulahb.dyndns.org/tvshows

In this directory is also the output that I get after I cancel the frozen window.

Also note that when I run the convert on my HTPC (with a newer version of WebScheduler, it creates a 97MB file instead of the 2k file). I assume that this has something to do with the dump filter(?) but it still doesn't work on either machine.

Paul

EDIT: oh, and is there any chance of this being fixed? I wrecks my ability to automate processing :(

+Quote Post
black_dog
post Aug 7 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #46

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,277
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

Hey, null_pointer,

Just a quick question. I have a post-processing task to convert DVR-MS to MPG at the end of every capture. I do it this way specifically because I can play the DVR-MS while recording (can't do that with any other recording format afaik) and want the files to be MPG for editing/dvd conversion/sending to pals/etc...

However, I have a default '14 day' life span on recordings. Since all recordings are to .dvr-ms, and immediately converted to .mpg, the auto-delete feature is effectively crippled...

In the 'post capture' task settings, can we somehow specify what the 'new' filename will be and allow the auto-delete to keep tracking the file?

ideas
1) take a parameter (convert_it "$filename" "$result"), and expect "$result" to be a filename. My script would then write the "new" filename to "$result", and webscheduler would read that new name from the "$result" file, confirm the file exists, and replace the original filename with the new filename in the tracking list.
2) provide a check-box on the task definition to all it to recognise the filename with a new extension (eg, '[x] new filename extension [.mpg]"
3) parse the program output and look for a special pattern which WS recognises as the new filename to track.

There's probably also an intuitive way to do it...

+Quote Post
Guest_shiftvideo_*
post Jul 10 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #47

Guests

I found a program named Digital media converter can convert dvrms to mpg, avi, wmv, mp4, iPod, mp3, etc. It works great for me. Take a look at here
http://www.topvideopro.com/software/video_...mv_avi_mpeg.htm

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2018 - 08:35 PM