Rob S
post Jul 9 2003, 01:00 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Post here with the features you'd like to see added to WinDTV.

Post in the DigiBox Forum for DigiBox Features smile.gif

A Summary of the posts in this thread (PM me if I've missed some):-

User Interface / Display
- Overlay of the now/next information (eg. like STB's)
- Overlay of channel information (eg. like STB's)
- Improved aspect ratio display, 3 different sizes, anamorphic, letterbox, pan & scan (similar to most standard DVD players)
- Overlay of Bitrate/Audio information (similar to PowerDVD)
- Overlay of Signal strength / Signal Quality
- Resizable "Favorites" window
- Ability to minimise the control panel without minimising the display window.
- Ability to assign user defined channel numbers in favorites.

Screen Capture
- Options similar to PowerDVD, eg Capture to File (auto-saving and numbering), Capture to Clipboard.
- Capture at native resolution.

Improved Recording / Playback
- Automatically save the file after recording a scheduled program
- Improved repeat scheduling, eg Nightly/Weekly/Fortnightly
- Recording a channel while watching a previously recorded program or perhaps another channel.
- Improved FF/RW, eg similar to PowerDVD - 1.5x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x
- Improved playback of Non-MPEG Audio streams
- Specific recording length. Eg Right click record and have several options (30mins/60mins/90mins/User Defined). Perhaps even options to have them all user defined lengths.
- Choice of Audio & Video Playback filters (or just improved ones)
- Correct processing of AC3/Non-MPEG audio stream
- File naming with a YYYY-MM-DD format rather than DD-MM-YYYY
- XMLTV integration with schedule tool (??)

Bugs, Other
- Improved channel scanning
- Greater stability
- Left/Right channel mutes are reversed (Left button mutes right channel and vice versa)
- EPG times are GMT, and not adjusted for local times
- EPG descriptions are the wrong way around. So when the "now" item is selected, the description for the "next" item is displayed (and vice versa).
- On the record list, some times the recordings are shown with the incorrect length.
- break up of picture should not be accompanied with a blue screen of death or PC lockup.
- Support for multiple APIDs
- Hardware decoding support
- PIP (?)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jul 9 2003, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Guests

WINDTV (SO FAR)

FULL HD CHANNEL SUPPORT

7 SD TOO BE SMOOTH (THIS MAY BE INSTALL ISSUE, WILL TRY TO REINSTALL 2NITE) IM IN BRISBANE

SPDIF PASSTHROUGH OPTION OF DOLBY DIGITAL (OBVIOUSLY MPEG NEEDS TO BE PCM)

RECORDING WHILE WATCHING A PREVIOUS RECORDING (SOMETHING I THORT WOULD BE AVIALABLE STRAIGHT UP) CAN WATCH RECORDING IN MEDIA PLAYER WHILE RECORDING IN WINDTV BUT SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS.

RECORDING OF DD FOR HD STUFF (PART OF STREAM SO SHOULD BE EASY?)

TIME SCHEDULING TO BE BETTER, AT PRESENT WHILE IT DOES RECORD AND STOP AT THE GIVEN TIMES IT PROMPTS FOR A FILE NAME, WHICH MAKES IT NOT THE BEST (SHOULD AUTO CREATE BASED ON TIME/DATE/CHANNEL)

FAST FORWARD/REWIND NEEDS IMPROVING, JUST PAUSES AND JUMPS WHEN PLAYING RECORDING AND WAY TO FAST IN TIMESHIFT

A BIT MORE SPEED/STABILITY (IT USES LESS THAN 20% OF MY CPU SO THERE MUST BE MORE ABILITY THERE) IE CHANNEL CHANGING AND PERFORMING FUNCTIONS ETC

DISPLAY SETTINGS ARE GOOD AS IS (FOR 16:9 SCREEN) SO LEAVE THE CURRENT OPTIONS BUT ADD FOR 4:3 SCREEN IF WISH

DIGIBOX (so far)

Fix of Bugs, Channel change, keeping of Directory setings for recording etc, DVD to work, says no disc, Mediaplayer works on same disc.

All above as in WinDTV for Digibox also

Remote control functionallity

I'll think of more as i play. I think however which ever can be sorted first (WinDTV or Digibox) should be done first to please the majority

D

+Quote Post
Guest_smoothchat_*
post Jul 9 2003, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Guests

Provide letterbox mode whilst in fullscreen, currently despite what aspect ratio chosen, it always goes "anamorphic" in fullscreen. Only an issue for 4:3 PC screen user I guess.

Hey spoonfed, perhaps I should RTFM but, how do you play a recording from within WinDTV, and does it play audio on 9HD?

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jul 9 2003, 12:40 PM
Post #4

Guests

Smoothchat.

Im in brisbane, have not yet got 9 or 10 HD locked (if someone can give me the details to put in i'll be keen to try)

To play recorded item there is a button on the DIsplay panel that opens the recorded programs. Just click the one you want

+Quote Post
Guest_Xizor_*
post Jul 9 2003, 12:50 PM
Post #5

Guests

I'd just like WinDTV to bloody well work. Can't change channels, application dies. Because of this its really hard to switch between channels or even know if i can actually receive 9HD or 10HD since it won't bring them up.

+Quote Post
Guest_denethor_*
post Jul 9 2003, 01:30 PM
Post #6

Guests

Spoonfed,

I'm in Brisbane too and I got 10HD last night using the following info provided by AndrewPC in DBA forums

Frequency: 219500
Bandwidth:7mhz
VPID: 514
APID: 672

No sound, very jerky video. Much worse than 7HD. Image quality seemed to be slightly better than the SD channel, but it was playing up too much to be sure.

9 HD for me is just a black screen - no video, no audio. I'm not sure if I'm on the right VPID or not, but I got it from the DBA forums too.

Simon

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jul 9 2003, 01:34 PM
Post #7

Guests

Thanks,

I'll try 2nite. Have you tried in Digibox (if you have it) ?

7 HD runs smooth in Digibox (not in WinDTV)

BUT 7SD is suttering in both Digibox and WinDTV (Which makes no sence given HD is ok)

hmmm

+Quote Post
DigitalViewer
post Jul 9 2003, 02:05 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 19
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t / DVICO FusionHDTV

Just a couple of thoughts

1 Instant recording length. IE click once for half hour, twice for one hour etc. Or after clicking record, option for setting an end time.

2 Choice of decoding filters etc

3 Ability to display tv image only. IE minimise control panel.
(edit / just worked out how to do this, right click menu can turn off control panel)
4. Ability to vary size of favourites list.

Cheers
DV

PS Does anyone else have the buttons to mute left and right transposed?

+Quote Post
Guest_Spectrum_*
post Jul 9 2003, 03:42 PM
Post #9

Guests

When not in full screen mode, I'd prefer a normal menu above the video window. I HATE all these digital players that have one huge right-click menu. When your tv/monitor is at low resolutions, it's just too awkward.

+Quote Post
js
post Jul 10 2003, 12:19 PM
Post #10

Forum Regular

Member No.: 31
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Scheduled recordings:
Should autosave.
Should have option to exit WinDTV when recording finishes.
Daily, weekly, etc options would be good plus more schedules.

Full screen display: Should have letterbox option for normal shaped PC screens.

Processing the DD stream correctly, either to SPDIF output or to analog (depending on sound card)

+Quote Post
js
post Jul 10 2003, 12:20 PM
Post #11

Forum Regular

Member No.: 31
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

PS Does anyone else have the buttons to mute left and right transposed?

Yes, I have that too!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Quasar_*
post Jul 10 2003, 01:52 PM
Post #12

Guests

One thing I'd like is the ability to switch between audio streams on a given channel (and remote support for this).

+Quote Post
Guest_BrentonSpear_*
post Jul 10 2003, 01:57 PM
Post #13

Guests

Audio stream and bitrate info able to be displayed in the display window.

+Quote Post
Guest_Craig_*
post Jul 11 2003, 12:18 PM
Post #14

Guests

I don't know whether the ACTUAL channels are L/R swapped though. :?:

But the mute LEFT speaker actually mutes the right channel and vice versa.

Craig.

+Quote Post
Guest_Calibrator_*
post Jul 12 2003, 01:18 AM
Post #15

Guests

I would like to have the ability to save the overlay properties on a per channel basis similar to how DScaler handles it. There is a noticeable difference between each stations settings and one value does not suit all. Brightness/Contrast/Gamma/Saturation should suffice.

And while I'm at it, it would be really really handy having an onscreen histogram of luminance values so you could set the black and peak white levels more easily. The absense of transmitted appropriate test patterns makes it difficult to set overlay properties correctly. That feature within DScaler is a godsend and sets itself apart from all other apps.

Yeah ... I know. I'm a stickler for correctly calibrated displays!

Thanks for listening.

Cheers smile.gif

Russ

+Quote Post
DrP
post Jul 13 2003, 09:08 AM
Post #16

Forum Regular

Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

Being able to start a capture from the command line would be handy too (specify target filename, source channel / lcn, duration etc)

+Quote Post
Guest_srigby_*
post Jul 13 2003, 08:08 PM
Post #17

Guests

I ran into this problem today.

If you schedule a recording and go out, a box pops up at the end of the recording asking you to ok the filename.

What if you're not around to do that?

And what if, in the mean time, another scheduled recording needs to start? Does it dump the 1st recording that's currently only in a tmp file so it can start recording the next one? (don't want to find out the hard way)

Also, if you schedule a recording, you shouldn't have to leave WinDTV running for it to be executed. When the time comes, WinDTV should startup (with the sound muted) and record the show. Or even better, do it in the background!!

Scheduled Recordings need a bit of work.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jul 14 2003, 08:01 AM
Post #18

Guests

Yes it waits for ever for a file name once recording has stopped

If there is a new recording it does save the old one.

however the last schedule just waits for a file name.

My machine turns on automaticly at 5:30 and of a 12:30am. So the last recording gets lost.

I have to put an additional fake recording after the last one. Even still for some reason (maybe the way WinDTV gets shutdown by turnoff software?) I have to import the scheduled recorded files as they do not appear in the list.

Why there is only a hand full of schedules is beyond me (given it is a PC with ample room)

I feel both in Digibox and Windtv a Windows XP/2000/NT service should be written for scheduling. The actually TV app just allows you to fill in the schedule and the service runs in the background. Hence to record the app does not need to open. (all recording should be done using this service).

HENCE using a service for recording/scheduling PREVIOUS recordings should be watchable at the same time. One should be able to START watching a scheduled recording before it is finished. (ie one can start playing an mp3 as it downloads given the correct software for eg)

Also Daily (by tickably boxes) weekly monthly etc scheduling is a must.
AND a quick prompt when record is hit in program to ask how long (1 hr, 2, 3 etc)

The above features would offer more than a simply TAPE vcr does a present. The only realy thing it overs at moment over VCR is timeshifting. Incorporating the above would increase its appear substantially i feel.

+Quote Post
Guest_srigby_*
post Jul 15 2003, 03:12 PM
Post #19

Guests

Critical feature:

The ability to choose the program number for the channel.

I want:

1 for 10 SD
11 for 10 HD
12 for 10 Guide (if they ever have one)

2 for ABC SD
22 for ABC HD
23 for ABC Guide

7 for 7 SD
77 for 7 HD
78 for 7 Guide

I think you get the drift. I can't find a way to do this in the current version of WinDTV.

+Quote Post
Guest_fletch_*
post Jul 15 2003, 09:00 PM
Post #20

Guests

A basic feature like being able to view subtitles on programs would be nice...Am I the only person here that uses subs due to hearing loss ?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 07:35 PM