IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some Queries About Dntv Live 1.2.0, Problems with seek interval and some other questions
raym
post Mar 2 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,227
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

Hi There. Last week I purchased the DNTV LP digital tuner card which I’m very happy with.

Some questions though please about DNTV Live 1.2.0 :-

1. No matter what I do, the configurable FF and REW time increments seem to have no effect whatsoevever. I’ve set a FF interval of 30 secs and a REW interval of 5 seconds in the options but while I’m paused in timeshifting mode, if I hit FF or REW, both increment by a factor of 2 seconds only. I've re-installed several times. Even leaving the defaults (5 seconds each) still has no effect. The instant replay feature (1 minute) works fine.

2. I'm unable to seek using the hot keys while timeshifting unless I pause first. Is this normal?

3. Is there any way of making the font size in the OSD channel list and EPG display (the one that appears when you switch channels) any larger?

4. I'm using an optical SPDIF out to an external decoder for the audio. When I use the DNTV Live audio codec with SPDIF passthru on I get AC3 audio when available and as expected. If I use my PowerDVD 6 codec, I get the audio but it's not AC3 - PCM only. I use this codec for everything else on my system to play dvds etc and I always get AC3/DTS signals when available no probs. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
renura
post Mar 2 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #2

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

Hy Raym,

Thank you for the feedback.

1. Those increments apply to DVD/media playback, not live TV
2. Yes, that is the way it works
3. No, the only way is to change your windows theme or system fonts
4. No idea, but I suggest you always use the DNTV Live! audio decoder, there is no better - no matter which video decoder you use.

Cheers

Renura

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
raym
post Mar 2 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

QUOTE (renura @ Mar 2 2006, 08:56 AM) *
Hy Raym,

Thank you for the feedback.

1. Those increments apply to DVD/media playback, not live TV
2. Yes, that is the way it works
3. No, the only way is to change your windows theme or system fonts
4. No idea, but I suggest you always use the DNTV Live! audio decoder, there is no better - no matter which video decoder you use.

Cheers

Renura

Thanks heaps for your reply. Regarding point 4 then, I'm happy to continue using the DNTV live video codec for SPDIF passthu but I get dropouts (every 10-30 seconds for about 1 second) on 7 HD only. All other HD channels are fine. Have you heard of this before or know something I could try. As I said, all other HD channels playback perfectly.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
renura
post Mar 2 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #4

Enthusiast

QUOTE (raym @ Mar 2 2006, 02:00 PM) *
Thanks heaps for your reply. Regarding point 4 then, I'm happy to continue using the DNTV live video codec for SPDIF passthu but I get dropouts (every 10-30 seconds for about 1 second) on 7 HD only. All other HD channels are fine. Have you heard of this before or know something I could try. As I said, all other HD channels playback perfectly.

Cheers.

You could try enabling reclock, see if that helps you - you can download it here http://reclock.free.fr/

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
raym
post Mar 3 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #5

Forum Regular

No. I'm already using reclock. It's just channel 7. I've set XP priority for DNTV Live to High and have enabled error correction (not that I'm having any reception issues) and still no difference.

Might have to settle for 7SD until I can work it out sad.gif

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Mar 3 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I get the sound dropouts too, but it happens on all channels... and it only happens when I use my Audigy...

My onboard sound doesn't have the problem at all, neither does one of my other soundcards.

+Quote Post
texass44
post Mar 3 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #7

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,013
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

QUOTE (DavoNogo @ Mar 3 2006, 11:18 AM) *
I get the sound dropouts too, but it happens on all channels... and it only happens when I use my Audigy...

My onboard sound doesn't have the problem at all, neither does one of my other soundcards.

I found when I used reclock in DNTV I had terrible LIPSYNC problems, it was driving me crazy for a while.

Disabling Reclock fixed the LIPSYNC problem.

Tex.

+Quote Post
raym
post Mar 3 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #8

Forum Regular

QUOTE (DavoNogo @ Mar 3 2006, 11:18 AM) *

Hmmm, interesting.... I also have an Audigy. I have no other sound options at the moment though so I can't try anything else. I've done the whole "try a different PCI slot" thing and no change. If the drop outs were occuring on all channels I'd be happy to blame the sound card. The fact it only happenss on one channel for me makes me think it's something else.

Thanks for your post.

+Quote Post
renura
post Mar 3 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #9

Enthusiast

QUOTE (texass44 @ Mar 3 2006, 11:36 AM) *
I found when I used reclock in DNTV I had terrible LIPSYNC problems, it was driving me crazy for a while.

Disabling Reclock fixed the LIPSYNC problem.

Tex.

Yep, tha is right. What works for some does not work for others smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 01:18 AM