IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dntv Live Pro! - Stuttering Issue, Despite repeated attempts, still unable to get this working.
Guest_Spec8472_*
post Feb 27 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Guests

Got the DNTV Live Pro! card a week or so ago, and it's had a continual problem with any Digital TV that I try to watch. (FWIW: Analog is just fine)

Basicly, no matter what channel (or even the digital radio channels), the decoding seems to stutter.

This happens with the DNTV Live! software that came with the card, and with Cyberlink PowerCinema (also came with the card)

It's definitely not a CPU utilisation issue - it never goes beyond 20%, if that.

It's not other programs running - freshly formatted PC, graphics, sound, motherboard, LAN and DVB drivers installed, thats it.

I was told that it might be the SATA controller, so I completely disabled the SATA controller (via the BIOS), and the additional PCI IDE RAID controller I have - and booted from an ATA/100 drive.
Thinking it might be the IDE controllers, I disabled them entirely too - and just booted from SATA. Still no luck.

Tried pulling all the RAM and swapping between the four sticks I have.

Tried switching soundcards (SB Audigy vs onboard Realtek)

Tried it in all 5 PCI slots.

I'm not overclocking - tried over and under-clocking the PCI bus too, with no luck.

So... I'm outta ideas.

Can anyone else suggest something to try?
(Apart from another PC - going to try that now)

I've run a bunch of Google queries, with no luck so far.

Machine info:

Hardware:
Q01. Motherboard Manf ? Model ?
Abit AN7 3rd Eye.

Q02. CPU Manf ? Speed ?
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Venice Core)

Q03. Video Card Manf ? Model ?
ATI Radeon 9600XT, 256M (GeCube brand) - AGP 8x.

Q04. Disk Drives Manf ? Model ? Connection Type ?
1x 200GB Seagate SATA (Onboard SATA Controller)
2x 160GB Maxtor ATA/133 (PCI RAID Controller)

Q05. DVB-T Card / Device Manf ? Model ?
1x DNTV Live! Pro

Q06. Wireless Lan installed ?
No

Q07. Bluetooth Devices installed ?
No

Q08. Are you Overclocking ?
No

Drivers:
Q10. Video Card Driver Version ?
Catalyst 6.2 from www.ati.com

Q11. DVB-T Card / Device Driver Type ? Version ?
DNTV Live Pro BDA Drivers, 1.0.1.8

Software:
Q20. Operating System ?
Windows XP
Q21. Service Packs installed ?
SP2
Q22. DirectX version installed ?
DirectX 9.0c

Q23. PowerDVD installed ? If so version ?
Yes. 4.0

Q24. WinDVD installed ? If so version ?
No

Q25. DTV Application installed ? Version ?
DNTV Live! 1.2.0.0
CyberLink PowerCinema 4

Signal Environment:
Q30. What Country ? Region ? Transmission Site ? are you trying to receive from.
Australia, NSW Hunter Valley, Sugarloaf.

Q31. Indoor or Outdoor antenna ?
Outdoor

Q32. Do other DTV devices, STB's etc work from the same antenna ?
(Not sure what you're asking here) - I don't have any other DTV or
STBs - one other TV works off the same antenna, perfect clear
reception.

Q33. Do you have Quad Shielded RG6 cabling installed end to end.
Unknown.

Q34. Do you have a Masthead amplifer, a Distribution Amp, a Passive or
Powered Splitter installed ?
Unknown

Brand new cabling and antenna (<1 week old), not certain on
amplification (I believe there is, not sure where). 4x outlets (only 2
used)

Signal Strength is >80%, Signal Quality is >95% at all times.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_JoeyBloggs_*
post Feb 27 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #2

Guests

How often does it stutter ?

+Quote Post
Guest_Spec8472_*
post Feb 27 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (JoeyBloggs @ Feb 27 2006, 10:03 PM) *
How often does it stutter ?

Constantly 1-2 seconds of normal playback, it pauses, starts again, pauses, ... etc

So like sound on ABC News goes "This....BC News. Ton.....op Stories...."

It's not like a low-signal problem, where you'd get a scrambled picture/sound - the picture does the same thing - a few frames all looking normal, then pauses.

It doesn't matter what channel I try, SD, HD, Radio... all the same.

+Quote Post
renura
post Feb 27 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #4

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

Try in a different PC if you can, to make sure that there is nothig wrong with the card in the first place.

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
sanquar
post Feb 27 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Participant

Member No.: 4,027

I know how you feel. I had this machine with Pro card working fine a couple of nighs ago and picked up the box to move it about a foot (picked up gently) and it has been skipping ever since. No roll backs, reseating of cards etc can solve it. I'm just getting basically fed up with the flakiness of it all. I've had 6 Set top boxes since I got on board digital and none have been this pedantic. The Itv 500 teac is by far the best box I have used. That thing works here with a paper clip for an antenna.
The software for the card notes I'm running at high 80s for signal and high 90s quality.
I've no irq issues, have run a multimeter on the PSU outputs, have checked with the IO results in task manager, tunred off all non essential requirements of main baord, have disabled all non essential services in Windows management, defragged the hdds, changed ram, underclocked and overclocked.
I've set macros to run my 3d cad package and close it after rendering complex drawings for 24 hours and no melt down. Temps are cool. Changed HDD and cables....

It is really getting beyond a joke...

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

--------------------
Win 7 Home Premium, Asus M3N78-EM M/B, 4Gb DDR 2 (800) RAM, AM2 5200+ CPU, S3 card, Samsung BD player, Panasonic 50" plasma Media Centre remote, Yamaha RX-V 3800.

+Quote Post
renura
post Feb 27 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #6

Enthusiast

I know how you feel. I had this machine with Pro card working fine a couple of nighs ago and picked up the box to move it about a foot (picked up gently) and it has been skipping ever since.

Have you tried moving it back where it was? It could be interference/signal issues?

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
sanquar
post Feb 27 2006, 11:35 PM
Post #7

Participant

have moved it back to the place it was.. (still had the marks in the carpet.)
If interferance is a possible issue, shouldn't the the manufacturer be sheilding the cards?

Why isn't the capture of firewire inputted devices suffering the same fate? It's all running on the same bus.
I'm seriously thinking the only thing to try next is a feng shui master.

Cheers,

--------------------
Win 7 Home Premium, Asus M3N78-EM M/B, 4Gb DDR 2 (800) RAM, AM2 5200+ CPU, S3 card, Samsung BD player, Panasonic 50" plasma Media Centre remote, Yamaha RX-V 3800.

+Quote Post
renura
post Feb 27 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #8

Enthusiast

Hmm, the hardware has passed all the relevant standard tests.
If there is something interfering with your signal that is what you have to fix, check the signal strength and quality to start with, as well connectors, cables etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
sanquar
post Feb 27 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #9

Participant

all tried - five fold. All quality cables, tried on regular STB, tried other cables from DVD. I'm getting no rational explanation.
Time for the Feng Shui master laugh.gif

Cheers,

--------------------

+Quote Post
renura
post Feb 28 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #10

Enthusiast

QUOTE (sanquar @ Feb 28 2006, 12:59 AM) *
all tried - five fold. All quality cables, tried on regular STB, tried other cables from DVD. I'm getting no rational explanation.
Time for the Feng Shui master laugh.gif
Cheers,

What about wireless devices that might interfere?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_chicken_*
post Feb 28 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #11

Guests

Make sure to disable any Cool'n'Quiet / SpeedStep / PowerNow options in Windows and BIOS, I know Cool'n'Quiet causes major stuttering with my TinyUSB2.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spec8472_*
post Feb 28 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Feb 27 2006, 10:40 PM) *
Try in a different PC if you can, to make sure that there is nothig wrong with the card in the first place.

Yeah, tried that - for some whacky reason, it got no signal (same cable - 15-20cm difference in physical positioning)...

QUOTE (chicken @ Feb 28 2006, 10:50 AM) *
Make sure to disable any Cool'n'Quiet / SpeedStep / PowerNow options in Windows and BIOS, I know Cool'n'Quiet causes major stuttering with my TinyUSB2.

Ah, will try that... Thanks.

+Quote Post
texass44
post Feb 28 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,013
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Spec8472....what refresh rate are you running the video card at ? Make sure it's 50hz (preferable) or 75hz.

Only thing I can think of to help.

Tex.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spec8472_*
post Feb 28 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE (texass44 @ Feb 28 2006, 01:03 PM) *
Spec8472....what refresh rate are you running the video card at ? Make sure it's 50hz (preferable) or 75hz.

Only thing I can think of to help.

Tex.

60hz, I'm using an LCD panel on DVI - so changing the refresh rate isn't an option.

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Mar 1 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #15

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Unless you're using Reclock, I seriously doubt the refresh rate could affect it in that way. Reason being is that I've been running nearly all my CRTs at 85Hz without a single issue.

All, if you're getting constant stuttering problems, are you by any chance using any hardware monitoring programs? Things like Motherboard Monitor and any temp monitoring software that might come with your motherboard (such as nTune or Asus Probe) are usually the main culprits.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 10:19 AM