renura
post Dec 25 2005, 07:56 AM
Post #1

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

Hi Guys,

A test version of DNTV Live! (1.1.9) with preliminary support for VMR7, VMR9 and subtitles is available here.

Those that want to have a play, have a go and let us know how it goes.

As usual, please make sure that you have a restore point to which you can go back to, if required.

Subtitles are currently available using VMR modes, so enable that if you want to see them smile.gif

Have a Merry Christmas.

Cheers

Renura

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aitcho62
post Dec 27 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,018
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

I have been 'playing' with version 1.1.9 and have come across a problem of 'banding' at the right side of my screen at the top and bottom see accompanying image, this only occurs when enabling the VMR9 video renderer.

Attached File  Grey_banding.jpg ( 115.38K ) Number of downloads: 105

The colour of the banding varies betwen grey or red and have seen this effect in another 'TV' program when using a VMR9 video renderer so it is not peculiar to DNTV Live.

I am using an XFX nVidia GeForce 6600 GT card with NVidia driver 78.01.

Aitcho62

+Quote Post
renura
post Dec 28 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Enthusiast

I would say that is a VMR9 bug smile.gif Do you find VMR7 the same?

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Aitcho62
post Dec 28 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

There is no problem with 'banding' when using VRM7 video renderer.

As you say there is either a bug with VRM9 or it does not like my video card and driver setup! smile.gif

Aitcho62

+Quote Post
Aitcho62
post Dec 28 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

QUOTE (renura @ Dec 24 2005, 09:56 PM) *
Subtitles are currently available using VMR modes, so enable that if you want to see them smile.gif
Cheers

Renura

The subtitles feature does not appear to function here in the UK. When I enable 'subtitles' either an opaque white or black square covers the viewed image.

Attached File  Enabling_show_subtitles_black.jpg ( 112.9K ) Number of downloads: 37

This is no doubt associated with the fact that I cannot use 'teletext' with any of my TV software programs and also Twinhan acknowledge that their TwinhanDTV Alpha for example cannot display UK teletext.

Aitcho62

+Quote Post
renura
post Dec 29 2005, 08:27 AM
Post #6

Enthusiast

DVB subtitles are not supported yet, currently only TT subs are supported. That annoying "square" goes away as soon as the subs appear, nevertheless we are trying to get rid of it altogther smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Mcrackn_*
post Dec 29 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #7

Guests

What are the differences between DVB subititles and teletext? How do both work? Can I expect to be able to use them on any channel? Tried to have a play with them but I get nothing. The ony thing I've ever used as far as subititles go is on DVD and the ones on SBS that are embedded in the video.

+Quote Post
Guest_bboyle_*
post Dec 29 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #8

Guests

I have questions smile.gif

Can subtitles be viewed with recorded TV? If so, which formats?
Is it possible to use the "Crop" aspect ratio with VMR7/VMR9?

+Quote Post
renura
post Dec 29 2005, 12:18 PM
Post #9

Enthusiast

In Australia subtitles are via Teletext (pg 801), no DVB subtitles are available.
You need to enable VMR to view subs. Not all channels channels have subs all the time.
Crop function is not available with VMR

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_bboyle_*
post Dec 29 2005, 01:13 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (bboyle @ Dec 29 2005, 12:11 PM) *

One of the best things about DTV is being able to record shows and watch them when you want (without worrying about tapes and without any loss in quality). Watch TV on your own schedule.

Recording the subtitles so you can view them when watching TV later is a must smile.gif
Is it possible?

+Quote Post
Guest_Mcrackn_*
post Dec 29 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Dec 29 2005, 01:18 PM) *
In Australia subtitles are via Teletext (pg 801), no DVB subtitles are available.
You need to enable VMR to view subs. Not all channels channels have subs all the time.

I must of happened to try it at a time when there wern't any on, I'll try again tonight as I've got shows I want to watch, they might have them. Are you working on a way to crop with vmr or is it impossible at this stage?

+Quote Post
Guest_Mcrackn_*
post Dec 29 2005, 01:41 PM
Post #12

Guests

I just did some reading on wikipedia and now I know all about teletext wink.gif

+Quote Post
renura
post Dec 29 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Enthusiast

Are you working on a way to crop with vmr or is it impossible at this stage?
Nope, it can not be supported with VMR

--------------------

+Quote Post
renura
post Dec 29 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #14

Enthusiast

QUOTE (bboyle @ Dec 29 2005, 02:13 PM) *
QUOTE (bboyle @ Dec 29 2005, 12:11 PM) *

One of the best things about DTV is being able to record shows and watch them when you want (without worrying about tapes and without any loss in quality). Watch TV on your own schedule.

Recording the subtitles so you can view them when watching TV later is a must smile.gif
Is it possible?

Possible yes, easy to do? No! The best you can do at this stage is to record the full TS and find a player that will parse the subtitles and display them, if there is one?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_bboyle_*
post Dec 30 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #15

Guests

pop it in that list of fabulous feature requests please biggrin.gif
subtitles for live TV are a great start. will be even better when I figure out how to get them working laugh.gif

+Quote Post
renura
post Dec 30 2005, 04:08 PM
Post #16

Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

An updated version is available, same link. Give it a try. particularly interested to hear from those who can test it with Intervideo (WinDVD7) video decoder and VMR

Cheers

Renura

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aitcho62
post Dec 31 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #17

Forum Regular

With the latest version and using Intervideo (WinDVD7) I encounter a problem when exiting DNTVLive.

With DXVA enabled with either VMR7 or VMR9 upon exiting DNTVLive a message box pops-up stating:-

"DNTVLive.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have to close at least four of these pop-up messages before I come across a further message:-

"Runtime error 216 at 0048A09C"

If DXVA is disabled when using Intervideo (WinDVD7) with VMR7 or VMR9 I can exit the program without any problems, also when just using Intervideo and enabling DXVA there are no problems exiting the program.

The CPU usage figures are also much lower just using the Intervideo driver.

INTERVIDEO (WinDVD7)

Maximum CPU usage 15% (DXVA enabled)

Maximum CPU usage 19% (DXVA disabled)

--------------------------------------------------

INTERVIDEO and VMR7

Maximum CPU usage 43% (DXVA enabled)

Maximum CPU usage 36% (DXVA disabled)

---------------------------------------------------

INTERVIDEO and VMR9

Maximum CPU usage 36% (DXVA enabled)

Maximum CPU usage 38% (DXVA disabled)

---------------------------------------------------

The 'maximum' figures shown are absolute 'peak' figures, also I have no explanation for the figures for 'Intervideo and VMR7' ! No matter how many readings I took the DXVA enabled figure was always the highest.

Aitcho62

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Jan 1 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #18

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

wrt the CPU usage, what video card do you have? CPU usage drops considerably when I enable DxVA, and rises largely when I disable it... that was with VMR7 and I'm using a Geforce 6800. With my old Radeon 9700 Pro, CPU usage was even lower and I could run two HD channels simultaneously perfectly fine, something I cannot do with my Geforce.

The error upon closing happens to me too.

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 1 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #19

Enthusiast

Are you guys using full version of WinDVD7 installed or what? you must install and activate WinDVD7 for the codecs to work correctly smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Jan 1 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #20

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I am smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2018 - 03:27 AM