IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stuttering Only When Recording?
Guest_evilgnome_*
post Jan 7 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #1

Guests

Ive been using a DNTV Live DVB-T card for, well since it was released and have been quite happy with simply watching digital television, and its always been very smooth, reception always 94%+. But today I decided to record a television program for the first time!!

So I select record and it starts to stutter constantly. Ok, its been a while Ive updated so I go the the digitalnow site, update my drivers/program and try again. Stutter, stutter. Try all 3 recording formats. Stutter, stutter. Ok, Ill change my video settings to the fastest one, Nvidia + postprocessing. Record, stutter, stutter. Tried every sound setting available, stutter, stutter. Dont get me wrong playback is excellent, but once I try to record something it all goes downhill.

Now my PC itself is in good running order. Its a 2500+@2.3Ghz, 1Gb@400Mhz, NF7-S v2.0, GF6800, WD200Gb HDD (DMA5) and a M-Audio Revolution 5.1 sound card. All my drivers are up to date, Ive got no viruses/spyware and I tried recording with nothing running in the background. But it still stutters. Ive tried everything, so hopefully someone here can help.

Cheers, Kev.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Jan 7 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Some things to keep in mind..

* When making changes to the decoder settings, you must always close DNTV Live! for the change to take effect

* When making changes to the recording settings, you can just change the channel for the change to take effect

* HDTV Error Correction should only be used in worst case scenarios and is only for the .dvr-ms format.

* nVidia + PostProcessing is a software only implementation, unless you have the right, supported hardware

With all that in mind, does the video and audio stutter a lot, or is it just the audio that stutters? Is the recording still okay when you play it back? Have you tried doing a silent recording or scheduled recording to see if that helps? Have you tried WEBScheduler?

+Quote Post
Guest_evilgnome_*
post Jan 7 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (DavoNogo @ Jan 7 2006, 09:29 AM) *
Some things to keep in mind..

* When making changes to the decoder settings, you must always close DNTV Live! for the change to take effect

* When making changes to the recording settings, you can just change the channel for the change to take effect

* HDTV Error Correction should only be used in worst case scenarios and is only for the .dvr-ms format.

* nVidia + PostProcessing is a software only implementation, unless you have the right, supported hardware

With all that in mind, does the video and audio stutter a lot, or is it just the audio that stutters? Is the recording still okay when you play it back? Have you tried doing a silent recording or scheduled recording to see if that helps? Have you tried WEBScheduler?

* Knew that, done that.
* Tried that.
* Its always been off.
* I have a Nvidia 6800nu which supports it on the hardware level.

Stuttering only occurs during recording. I thought it might be my HDD, but I have plenty of space left in that partition, its been defragged and running at full capabilities. When I start recording, both the sound and picture begin to stutter. When I stop recording its fine again. Watching the recorded file shows the stuttering as well. Tried silent recording, scheduled and webscheduler as well as all 3 recording formats. Ive got the card running at the furthest IDE slot to prevent any interference as well.

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Jan 7 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Do you have timeshifting enabled? If so, try disabling that. Failing that, try contacting support regarding "stuttering problems". Make sure you indicate clearly that you have the full-height card and not the LP or Pro.

Btw, what makes you think the Geforce 6800 NU supports Post Processing on the hardware level?

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 7 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #5

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

If live playback is stutter free and you are experiencing stutter when recording in all formats, I would say the problem is most likely related to you hard drive & hard driver controller, I would check that to start with smile.gif

I would also suggest you put the card in a middle PCI slot, for better bus mastering.

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 10:01 AM