> Bda Tvlibrary, BDA TvLibrary for developers
drewdb
post Jul 24 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #21

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,473
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

hi frodo. don't mean to be a pain. tried to run and when i add the frequency and the bandwidth it breaks with dllnotfoundexception for the dvblib.dll. i've to register the dll and it comes back with entry point not found, can't be registered. i've tried putting the dll in the tvlibrary folder (just in case). any ideas.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Frodo_*
post Jul 24 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #22

Guests

Hi, simply copy the dvblib.dll in the same folder as testapp.exe
and it should work.
No need to register it

the dvblib.dll can be found in the /TvLibrary folder btw

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/med...ine3/TVLibrary/

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 24 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #23

Participant

wow quick reply. thanks i'll try that now.

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 24 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #24

Participant

thanks for that. works a treat. now it's time to add some renderers to have a look and play.

+Quote Post
Guest_Frodo_*
post Jul 24 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #25

Guests

Test app already has a renderer

do:
1. tune
for digital cards do the following as well:
- scan transponder
- double click in the list on one of the channels found to tune to it

2. hit 'timeshift .ts' button

now the audio/video should play

Frodo

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 24 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #26

Participant

just found that. a small window. this is probably a stupid question but to pause the timeshift, do i just add a button and code to toggle stopgraph and rungraph?

+Quote Post
Guest_Frodo_*
post Jul 24 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #27

Guests

Hi,
To pause (and continue) timeshifting:

1. add 2 methods to player.cs like
CODE
public void Pause()
{
   _mediaCtrl.Pause();
}

public void Continue()
{
  _mediaCtrl.Run();
}

2. add a button to form1.cs which calls _player.Pause() for pausing and _player.Continue() when resuming from pause

Frodo

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 24 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #28

Participant

hi frodo. i really appreciate your help. i put that in and when i press on pause i get not referenced to an object from the _mediactrl. once again thanks

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 25 2006, 06:50 AM
Post #29

Participant

fixed. i created a new instance of _mediactrl in form1 before calling player. still learning .net from vb6 as well as the c# language. this is a good learning curve. now i can put it through some tests. but so far everything works and looks great. you've done a great job.

+Quote Post
Guest_Frodo_*
post Jul 25 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #30

Guests

good!
I already added a paused property to the player class
but i guess thats not needed anymore;-)

frodo

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 25 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #31

Participant

quick questions. (i hope)

i've noticed that when timeshifting, it creates live.ts.tsbuffer and adds another numbers 256meg and so on. i've been looking for where you can set the time limit? i'll keep looking.

are these .ts files supposed to be deleted when you exit the progam?

i'm not sure if it's my system because this is the first time that i've been able to timeshift. (could never get digitalwatch to do it on my machine) but i found that the audio and video became out of sinc so i added a clock set to the tsbuffer, it has improved but sometimes it's out by about a millisecond and after around 5 to 10 minutes of playing in timeshift it sometimes stops to sinc or slows down or even speeds up. once again, i'm not sure if this is my system.

i'm having fun, learning a lot and getting through it and thanks again.

+Quote Post
Guest_Frodo_*
post Jul 25 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #32

Guests

've noticed that when timeshifting, it creates live.ts.tsbuffer and adds another numbers 256meg and so on. i've been looking for where you can set the time limit? i'll keep looking.
The buffer files are created by tsfilesink which is a filter from bear
This filter implements ITsFileSink which can be used to set all kind of parameters like max/min filesize, max/min files etc etc

are these .ts files supposed to be deleted when you exit the progam?

Yep, the files will be cleaned up by the filter when nobody is using it anymore

i'm not sure if it's my system because this is the first time that i've been able to timeshift. (could never get digitalwatch to do it on my machine) but i found that the audio and video became out of sinc so i added a clock set to the tsbuffer, it has improved but sometimes it's out by about a millisecond and after around 5 to 10 minutes of playing in timeshift it sometimes stops to sinc or slows down or even speeds up. once again, i'm not sure if this is my system.

Try setting the clock to the audio renderer

Frodo

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 25 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #33

Participant

thanks for all of that.

i set the clock to the audio renderer and the video started around a second behind. when i paused and continued it is around 3 to 5 seconds behind.

also i thought that the reason that the .ts files where still there might have been because i had graphedit opened and connected to the remote graph. i tried closing that and stopped the timeshift.ts then closed down the app and the .ts files are still there. would this be because i'm not running the exe but in debug mode?

just one other question due to my lack of knowledge about c#, how would i parse the form1 handle to the tvcarddvbbase for a render on tune without timeshift? hope i'm not asking for too much.

+Quote Post
Guest_Frodo_*
post Jul 25 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #34

Guests

how would i parse the form1 handle to the tvcarddvbbase for a render on tune without timeshift? hope i'm not asking for too much.

The library does not support viewing tv without timeshifting yet.
But feel free to add it;-)
frodo

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 25 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #35

Participant

i did that in your first version but it renders to the activewindow. if i can parse the form1 form to the TvCardDVBBase then i can add the videowindow there once the graph has been built. but i'm not sure how to get the Form form to the base.

i've tried setting the clock to the video renderer and that's the same delay as the renderer. i'll keep trying.

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 27 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #36

Participant

hi frodo,

i've tried to set the clock on each filter at a time with varying results. i've found that on my machine, setting the clock on the tsfilesource seems to be the best but is still around a millisecond out of sync. do you think that this could be to do with the tsfilesource filter? (settings etc)

also, is there a way to improve the speed of the epg. i would like to potentially show the now and next info on each channel change and also save the current program name when recording. once again, i'm not sure if it's my system but it can take 30 seconds to a minute to retrieve the epg.

are there any settings within the library to set the mpeg recording encoding process for a lower or higher bitrate? the current setting is quite good in the quality versus file size but i would like to play around with this.

i hope that other people are using your library as well. there is so much in it that i'm still discovering all that it can do.

+Quote Post
Guest_Frodo_*
post Jul 27 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #37

Guests

do you think that this could be to do with the tsfilesource filter? (settings etc)
Yes i think so, although a lipsync issue of 1 millisecond is very small and not noticable for me

also, is there a way to improve the speed of the epg?

No, the speed of the epg depends offcourse on how fast it is transmitted. If you want to show the now/next programs during zapping then you should store the epg in a database and use that for showing the now/next

re there any settings within the library to set the mpeg recording encoding process for a lower or higher bitrate?

No the library does not do any mpeg- encoding. It just grabs the digital DVB stream and stores it on disk. The quality is the same as it is transmitted. If you want to lower the quality you should re-encode the mpg file

frodo

+Quote Post
drewdb
post Jul 27 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #38

Participant

i agree that it's not that noticeable but i'll have a look at the tsfilesource info and see what i can do. why stop at less than perfection only if i can.

with saving the epg to database. i mean that only when the channel is changed to show the current program name on OSD. i think from memory that the save epg only gets the current program and the next. i meant is there a way to get the current program name faster. i was just looking at the tsfilesource infor and also the itsfilesource file in the library and there seems to be some commands about getting epg from the tsfilesource. would that be correct?

+Quote Post
Guest_tourettes_*
post Jul 27 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #39

Guests

QUOTE (Frodo @ Jul 27 2006, 08:34 AM) *
No, the speed of the epg depends offcourse on how fast it is transmitted. If you want to show the now/next programs during zapping then you should store the epg in a database and use that for showing the now/next

Hi Frodo, didn't see you lurking in the irc so I decided to comment here before I forget...

Is't the DVB stream containing present & following show info additionally to EPG data. So it might be possible that present & following data is transmitted more often (i.e. once per a second) and it could be used if no database is wanted for EPG data.

Tables 0x4E & 0x4F seem to contain the information, I'm just not sure how often they are transmited, but I would guess that it's more ofthen than the whole EPG.

+Quote Post
bear
post Jul 27 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #40

Forum Regular

Member No.: 808

@drewdb,i
agree that it's not that noticeable but i'll have a look at the tsfilesource info and see what i can do. why stop at less than perfection only if i can.
If your after perfection then maybe look at using reclock.

The TSFileSource has options to select the type of reference clock the filtergraph will use but only if the ITSFileSource->SetClockMode(0-3) has been set else what has been loaded from the registry settings. The File Source will update the filtergraph reference clock only when the graph has stopped since you can't change the clock while the graph is active. Also it's best to set the mode prior to starting the graph since if you set it before the filters are rendered then it can't find their internal filter clocks.

Mode settings:
"0 = Default" this sets the filtergraph reference clock to null which makes the filtergraph decide which clock to use at run time.

"1 = TSFileSource" this sets the filtergraph to use the TSFileSource internal clock as reference. Most ideal for normal default directsound render, but has issues with some audio render types. Any delay here is a result of latency differences between the video & audio paths.

"2 = Demux" this sets the filtergraph to use the first MS Demux internal clock as reference. Not the most ideal for normal default directsound render, may have issues with some audio render types but not sure. Tends to vary the lipsync back & forth.

"3 = Audio Render" Should work ok for all renders although just starting to begin tests with this, can cause intermittant audio stuttering but this seems to quickly resettle.

i was just looking at the tsfilesource infor and also the itsfilesource file in the library and there seems to be some commands about getting epg from the tsfilesource. would that be correct?
As tourettes has suggested this is Now & Next info, in AU AFAIK, no EPG as such is used so it has not been included. I would expect that the epg would be best sourced from the sink graph parser filter as Frodo has indicated. If EPG is required then I would need to add in a EPG parser with no way of testing.
To get the Now & Next info you need to call ITSFileSource->GetEPGFromFile() first to parse & load the info into the arrays, then call,
ITSFileSource->GetShortDescr(BYTE * shortdesc)
ITSFileSource->GetExtendedDescr(BYTE * extdesc)
ITSFileSource->GetShortNextDescr(BYTE * shortnextdesc)
ITSFileSource->GetExtendedNextDescr(BYTE * extnextdesc)
or call
ITSFileSource->ShowEPGInfo() to display a message box with all the info.

Frodo,
If you want to lower the quality you should re-encode the mpg file
There is also a command line converter around on the forum that will convert the TS files on the fly using the TSFileSource and compress to 60% at the same time using a quantizer filter. see DVBQtoMPG.

BTW I have uploaded a new version of the TSFileSource filter for you to test out sometime. Beta 6
If it seems ok for you then I will look at a final release for testing.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 01:19 AM