adamp524
post Nov 23 2012, 02:08 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,224
Card: None

Hi,

I've been trying to use DVBsnoop to analyse a transport stream. What I'd like to do is find out at what time / how regularly the EIT is updated in a DVB transport stream for a particular channel. I don't have any hardware immediately accessable so I've got a local copy of the transport stream file on disk.

Does anyone have an idea how I'd do this? Or maybe any other tools that are useful?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adamp524
post Nov 24 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #2

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,224
Card: None

To clarify my post here is some background to my problem:

I need some help trying to decode a DVB transport stream and analyse the EIT data. I have a local DVB transport stream file which is recorded off live TV - so it is a multi-programme transport stream with lots of SI tables in it.

I want to try and find out the timecode of when the actual TS/present event information is updated by looking at the version_number field in its table and monitoring when it changes.

For my example: Need to look at PID: 0x12 - EIT PID identifier in the transport stream table_id = 0x4E - This is the EIT table for actual TS present information Inside this table is the version_number field which is the field that I want to monitor for changes. When it does change (i.e. a new programme starts) I'd like to be able to record the time that this change corresponds to an entry in the TDT so I know when the change occurred in the stream.

So far I've looked at DVBSnoop as a TS Analyser and think it may be possible to use this tool. Does anyone have any idea how I could get this to work?

Thanks

+Quote Post
DrP
post Nov 24 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

Only very generalised advice. I used a perl script to grab the output of dvbsnoop under linux as it ran to monitor real time when the EIT present / following ticked over.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2018 - 05:42 AM