mr.duck
post Sep 20 2011, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,133
Card: None

I want to use TSFileSource for this feature:

It can play Full or partial TS Files as they are being recorded.

I have PotPlayer doing the playback, while web scheduler is doing the recording.

I can play the video with TSFileSource loaded in PotPlayer, but it doesn't work properly. The timeline doesn't update every second as expected for example. So you can't skip ahead and have to reopen the file to extend the timeline. I've changed all the settings to no avail. Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post Sep 20 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

It can play Full or partial TS Files as they are being recorded.
The only live file player applications that use the tsfilesource other than DigitalwatchII and DNTVLive! is Zoomplayer. The tsfilesource updates the filtergraph by broadcasting the EC_LENGTH_CHANGED event when the file duration changes (say every second) and the application should then use IMediaSeeking::GetDuration method to update.

+Quote Post
mr.duck
post Sep 21 2011, 05:01 AM
Post #3

Participant

I see... thanks.

I installed Zoomplayer recently but couldn't get it working with TSFileSource . I was using PotPlayer because I could at least get that program working with mediaportal's TSReader.

The Zoomplayer creator told me to make a thread about issues with mediaportal's TSReader on their forums. So I'll try that next and try to get TSFileSource working too while I am at it.

+Quote Post
bear
post Sep 21 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

mr.duck,
I installed Zoomplayer recently but couldn't get it working with TSFileSource

This guide might be of some help.

Using TSFileSource in Zoomplayer

+Quote Post
mr.duck
post Nov 16 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #5

Participant

I contacted the zoom player dev so now TSFileSource should work out of the box with Zoom Player 8.00 and later.

Some questions regarding TSFileSource; I am finding a few issues with it.
- It seems to have difficulty when seeking. Sometimes after seeking, only the audio will play and it will have a frozen picture.
- Zoom Player can't seem to find the correct aspect ratio and it's displayed as 4:3 when it should be 16:9.
- Subtitles don't work. If I try to enable the subtitle pin option, it still doesn't work and next time a video is played, the option has unticked itself.
- The 'live delay' feature looks like an excellent idea. But the option to enable it is always greyed out.

I could upload a small video sample if needed. Is this normal behaviour or am I some how managing to trigger lots of bugs? smile.gif

+Quote Post
bear
post Nov 20 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

mr.duck,
I contacted the zoom player dev so now TSFileSource should work out of the box with Zoom Player 8.00 and later.
Cool. I will try out the latest version.
- It seems to have difficulty when seeking. Sometimes after seeking, only the audio will play and it will have a frozen picture.
Is this with pre-recorded ts files or just with live recordings? If with live recordings, are you seeking to the end of the recording? i.e. to current time?
- Zoom Player can't seem to find the correct aspect ratio and it's displayed as 4:3 when it should be 16:9.
The TSFileource will not set the aspect ratio, it can force 720x576 via the properties page setting for decoders that need the AR to be set.
- Subtitles don't work. If I try to enable the subtitle pin option, it still doesn't work and next time a video is played, the option has unticked itself.
TSFilesource will not connect the subtitle pin, this needs to be done with the application. The pin will only appear if their is subtitle streams in the recording and it has been enabled from the properties page and the settings have been saved.
The 'live delay' feature looks like an excellent idea. But the option to enable it is always greyed out
. This is an option only available for live recordings, it sets seeking to the end of the recording by 2 seconds.
I could upload a small video sample if needed. Is this normal behaviour or am I some how managing to trigger lots of bugs?
Not a lot of development has happened for a long time now as their have not been many of requests, but I am happy to look at resolving any bugs as they pop up. I find that the best decoders to use are either DNTVLive! or cyberlink. Microsoft decoders are a bit of a hit and miss affair depending on the HD formats.

+Quote Post
mr.duck
post Nov 22 2011, 06:53 AM
Post #7

Participant

QUOTE (bear @ Nov 20 2011, 05:11 AM) *
Is this with pre-recorded ts files or just with live recordings? If with live recordings, are you seeking to the end of the recording? i.e. to current time?

It happens always whether live or not. It seems to be perticularly bad with LAV video decoder. It is much better behaved with the Cyberlink decoder.

The TSFileource will not set the aspect ratio, it can force 720x576 via the properties page setting for decoders that need the AR to be set.

TSFilesource will not connect the subtitle pin, this needs to be done with the application. The pin will only appear if their is subtitle streams in the recording and it has been enabled from the properties page and the settings have been saved.

That 720x576 setting doesn't seem to do anything for me. I've enabled and saved the subtitle option but it always unticks itself. I've tried different decoders like ffdshow, LAV, cyberlink. Nothing seems to change regarding aspect ratio or subtitles. But I couldn't get subtitles to display from MKVs in zoomplayer either. Whereas no issues with MPC-HC that I am used to.

This is an option only available for live recordings, it sets seeking to the end of the recording by 2 seconds.

Ah seems to be working fine now so nevermind. But 2 seconds seems very low. It gets a bit glitchy and stuttery if played from very near the very end. Wouldn't 5 seconds be better?

Not a lot of development has happened for a long time now as their have not been many of requests, but I am happy to look at resolving any bugs as they pop up. I find that the best decoders to use are either DNTVLive! or cyberlink. Microsoft decoders are a bit of a hit and miss affair depending on the HD formats.

Thanks very much smile.gif I believe I have difficult samples. This sample does have subtitles (VLC can display them). Let's see what you make of it... http://www.mediafire.com/?d932xfogja5z5jm

+Quote Post
nate
post Nov 22 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #8

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Hi mr.duck,

QUOTE (mr.duck @ Nov 22 2011, 07:53 AM) *
I've enabled and saved the subtitle option but it always unticks itself.
This is a bug I've just fixed among other things. I've created a new build for you to try out
TSFileSource-2.2.1.165.zip
Changes:
  • Fixed a bug causing playback of a tsbuffer file to appear to skip to the start of the buffer whenever it was near the end.
  • Fixed NetRender filename generation to correctly use %S instead of %s for returning seconds from wcsftime.
  • Fixed saving of the Enable Subtitle Pin option.

QUOTE (mr.duck @ Nov 22 2011, 07:53 AM) *
But 2 seconds seems very low. It gets a bit glitchy and stuttery if played from very near the very end. Wouldn't 5 seconds be better?
Stuttering near the end of the file can depend which filter is being used as the reference clock source. Each has advantages and disadvantages. Which reference clock option are you using?

This sample does have subtitles (VLC can display them). Let's see what you make of it...
I've tried your sample with the new version and the subtitle pin gets created now, but that doesn't gaurantee you'll get subtitles. It relies on having a filter capable of decoding them. By default mine connected to the ffdshow video decoder but I didn't get any subtitles. I don't know which filter's are capable of working with this.

cheers,
nate

--------------------

+Quote Post
mr.duck
post Nov 23 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #9

Participant

QUOTE (nate @ Nov 22 2011, 08:42 AM) *
I've created a new build for you to try out

Hi, nate. Thanks very much biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I still get the same behaviour where the subtitle option will not stay ticked. I tried with ffdshow to enable subtitles too. If I remux the video into an MKV, the subtitles work OK including with ffsdhow to enable them. The same thing happens to me if I use LAVsplitter+MPC-HC. As a TS I just cant get subtitles to display. Very strange.

I've put the reference clock to Default now which works better than when it's set to TSFileSource. But it can still be made to stutter if I fast forward right to the very end.

+Quote Post
nate
post Nov 23 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #10

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (mr.duck @ Nov 23 2011, 01:13 PM) *
Unfortunately, I still get the same behaviour where the subtitle option will not stay ticked.
Ahhh silly me. I fixed the code that saves the setting to the registry, and forgot to fix the code that loads it again.
Try this new version
TSFileSource-2.2.1.167.zip

If I remux the video into an MKV, the subtitles work OK including with ffsdhow to enable them.
What do you use to remux to MKV? If I can see a working MKV graph then I might be able to figure out what's different.

I've put the reference clock to Default now which works better than when it's set to TSFileSource. But it can still be made to stutter if I fast forward right to the very end.
For the moment the only solution is to pause for a second if it gets close enough to the end to start stuttering. I have an idea for making the TSFileSource clock adaptive but it's down the wishlist a bit.
Out of curiousity, could you test something for me. On the properties page set the clock to TSFileSource and change the rate to 0.99, then seek to near the end and see if you still get stuttering.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mr.duck
post Nov 23 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #11

Participant

The subtitle option now stays ticked smile.gif But no subtitles can be displayed as expected.

QUOTE (nate @ Nov 23 2011, 04:24 AM) *
On the properties page set the clock to TSFileSource and change the rate to 0.99, then seek to near the end and see if you still get stuttering.

It still stutters. It works better to just enable Default as the clock again. I found a bug. The arrows next to that rate control are reversed. The up arrow makes the rate go down.

QUOTE (nate @ Nov 23 2011, 04:24 AM) *
What do you use to remux to MKV? If I can see a working MKV graph then I might be able to figure out what's different.

I use several programs and my own batch file to automate the whole process. The meat of the remuxing is done by ProjectX and mkvtoolnix. I've converted the sample I posted earlier into MKV. It's 22% smaller even though there is not transcoding going on. I can get the MKV version's subtitles working in Zoom Player with FFDShow. Here it is... http://www.mediafire.com/?v39adxq3ab39a5z

I just found another problem. Watching live TV for 25 mins, I skip to 3 sec off the very end of the file and I loose about 2 mins worth of video (it appears to be ~2 mins off the end, a part of the video I'd already seen). I think the time counter is correct but TSFileSource delivers the wrong part of the file.

+Quote Post
nate
post Nov 23 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #12

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (mr.duck @ Nov 23 2011, 04:06 PM) *
The subtitle option now stays ticked smile.gif
Yay! that's a start

It still stutters. It works better to just enable Default as the clock again. I found a bug. The arrows next to that rate control are reversed. The up arrow makes the rate go down.
Yeah, i had noticed some odd behaviour with the up-down control. Haven't bothered fixing it because rate changing doesn't really work anyway.

I've converted the sample I posted earlier into MKV. It's 22% smaller even though there is not transcoding going on.
Thanks for the file. I discovered why you can get subtitles from it and not from ts files. The process you've used to convert the ts to mkv has changed the subtitles from DVB Subtitles format (ETSI EN 300 743) to VobSub text format. ffdshow is able to interpret VobSub subtitles, but not DVB subtitles.

From a quick search the only filter i can see that supports DVB Subtitles is DVBSub2.ax from mediaportal, and looking at their forums it looks like you've already come across it. That filter only has an input pin and has an interface for retrieving the bitmaps so they can be rendered by the application.
It's GPL'd so it might be possible to add an output pin to it if ffdshow supports bitmap based subtitles.

I just found another problem. Watching live TV for 25 mins, I skip to 3 sec off the very end of the file and I loose about 2 mins worth of video (it appears to be ~2 mins off the end, a part of the video I'd already seen). I think the time counter is correct but TSFileSource delivers the wrong part of the file.
I'm currently working on seeking issues. I'll add this to the list.
Is it reproducable, or did it just happen once?
Which program are you using to record the file as you watch it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mr.duck
post Nov 24 2011, 06:54 AM
Post #13

Participant

QUOTE (nate @ Nov 23 2011, 08:55 AM) *
Thanks for the file. I discovered why you can get subtitles from it and not from ts files. The process you've used to convert the ts to mkv has changed the subtitles from DVB Subtitles format (ETSI EN 300 743) to VobSub text format. ffdshow is able to interpret VobSub subtitles, but not DVB subtitles.

Ahhh that explains it. But I'm sure they are not converted to text format, they are still picture based subtitles in the MKV. To convert them to text format would require an OCR reader to scan them all.

Yeah DVBSub2.ax is highly customized to serve Mediaportal as far as I know. Outputting bitmaps from it so any program can be made to work, not just Mediaportal, would be great. I've never written any C/C++ before otherwise I would have a go at modifying it myself.

QUOTE (nate @ Nov 23 2011, 08:55 AM) *
I'm currently working on seeking issues. I'll add this to the list.
Is it reproducable, or did it just happen once?
Which program are you using to record the file as you watch it?

It is reproducible. I'm using TV Scheduler Pro. I've been told that program grabs the whole TS mux and throws away the audio/video from unwanted channels, as opposed to grabbing just the desired audio/video/subtitles. It would explain why it's so much smaller after I remux to MKV, and I expect is the cause of the seeking issues (there's more data there than the TS source filter is used to dealing with).

+Quote Post
nate
post Nov 24 2011, 08:08 AM
Post #14

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (mr.duck @ Nov 24 2011, 07:54 AM) *
Ahhh that explains it. But I'm sure they are not converted to text format, they are still picture based subtitles in the MKV. To convert them to text format would require an OCR reader to scan them all.
Sorry. You're correct. I thought I read somewhere that VobSub was a text only format, but I see now that it can be either text of bitmap. Either way, ProjectX is converting the DVB subtitles to something else that ffdshow can handle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Apr 21 2012, 05:39 PM
Post #15

Forum Regular

Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

Nate,

tried TSFileSource-2.2.1.167 but it won't register under XP (SP2 or SP3). I get a Load Library Failed Error. Tried VCredist (2010) but did not help.

It registers with Win7 x64 fine. Should it work with XP?

JC.

This post has been edited by Calvi: Apr 21 2012, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 21 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #16

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Hi Calvi,

Yes it's supposed to work on XP. I was able to confirm that it wasn't working on my old laptop.

After 5 hours of stuffing around with manifests and linking errors I think I've fixed it. I found that I had built the last couple of versions against two two different runtime libraries which was causing problems.

Try this build.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ncreek/TSFile...e-2.2.1.172.zip

It's build against just one runtime library, and I've also changed it to be statically linked so it shouldn't rely on as many extra dlls.

You might also need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (9.0.21022.8) from here
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/detai...ng=en&id=29
but I'm hoping this isn't necessary.

Let me know if this build works for you. If it does I'll put it up as a new version on my website.

cheers,
Nate

--------------------

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Apr 22 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #17

Forum Regular

Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

Installed and works great, thanks Nate.

Will use from now and let you know if there are any issues.

+Quote Post
batman
post Jul 16 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #18

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 15,448

I think KMPlayer is the best ever. It has more value in built in graphic equalizer,codecs,and many more features too. If some like let me know. I’ll teach you why does it worth to have it.

--------------------
Check it out ESL in Korea.

+Quote Post
jilbil
post Aug 12 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #19

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 15,482

The Zoomplayer creator told me to make a thread about issues with mediaportal's TSReader on their forums. So I'll try that next and try to get TSFileSource working too while I am at it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 01:16 AM