IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions regarding DVB Conditional Access, DVB Conditional Access - some basic questions...
rajesh
post Jun 15 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14,333
Card: None

Dear All,

In below, I have listed some basic questions about CA, please try to clarify the possible questions. Thank you in advance.

1) Confirm the data flow of TS in STB with CI (PCMCIA).

a. Demod ==> CI slot ==> Demux
b. Demod ==> Demux ==> CI slot

2) For the above question, if answer “a” is correct then, how to bypass the TS directly to Demux?

3) If answer “a” is correct then, whether CI (PCMCIA) will automatically descramble the TS and route to Demux or based on the request from the host?

4) Confirm the data flow of TS in STB with CA (in build descrambler+ smart card input).

a. Demod ==> SoC Descrambler ==> Demux
b. Demod ==> Demux ==> SoC Descrambler

5) In STB implementation, if CI is present then TS travel to Demux in parallel mode. 8 lines or 4 lines which one is right?

6) Whether ECM and EMM are private PES files or not, where to look for the (generic) syntax specification of ECM and EMM

7) I could not able to find the DVB specification for CA (in build descrambler+ smart card input), please provide the specification doc name.

8) In STB/DTV industry, we are just specifying term CA for in build descrambler and CI for PCMCIA slot is it right? What is the actual terminology to specify CA (in build descrambler + smart card input) in DVB world?

9) Control Word, Service Key and User Key – are all how many bytes? In DVB where these terms are specified?

10) For each user/subscriber User key (from Smart Card) is unique, like that whether Service key also unique or same for group of users?

11) When we compare CI and CA which one is more secure to avoid piracy? How?

12) In both CI and CA case, smart card is used to identify the user (in unique way), what is actually inside the smart card? Only user key or it has any capability to decrypt the service key etc.,

13) Under PMT è CA descriptor, for a single service it specifies more than one CA_System_ID and CA_PID (ECM), it means that particular service can be descrambled using several CA_System_ID (Datacom, Irdeto and etc.,) is it right understanding?

14) Each pay TV provider has a unique ID, which is specified as CA_System_ID in PMT è CA descriptor, does it right understand?

15) How CI can support parental guidance?

16) In MMI user interface there is an option to enter the password, is it actually stores the user entered password inside the smart card? If not then, where it will be stored?

17) When it will ask for the password? Whether it will ask every time for the scrambled channel or only one time at start up from standby.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2018 - 05:41 AM