IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using HIP with Emprex RF Remote, installed replacement driver but no response from HIP
doveman
post Dec 19 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 9,755
Card: Nova DVB-t

I bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emprex-3009URF-Win.../ref=pd_cp_ce_0 for my brother as his PC is at the other end of the room and on the opposite side to his TV, so an IR remote wouldn't be much use to him.

When I plugged in the USB receiver, it showed up in Device Manager as a USB Composite Device. Like this, as expected just the arrow, enter and volume keys worked, even in MediaPortal with the MCE Remote option selected. The Driver File Details shown in this mode are libusb0.sys and usbccgp.sys.

Then I changed to the MCE Replacement Driver, as described here http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm#Installing the replacement MCE Remote Driver . I had to edit the inf file first as the DeviceID of USB\VID_046E&PID_5578\5&3364D15F&0&3 wasn't listed, so I added this line to the bottom of the [Microsoft] section: %USB\VID_0471&PID_0815.DeviceDesc%=MCEIR.Dev, USB\VID_046E&PID_5578

After doing that, the device is shown as MCE Infrared Remote Control. So then I installed HIP, with the MCE plugin, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to recognise any keys on the remote. I really want to make this work for my brother, so if anyone could help I'd be very grateful. I'm not sure if he's going to be using MediaPortal, XBMC or something else at the moment, so I'd like to be able to configure the remote independently of any application.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
doveman
post Dec 20 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #2

Be nice to me, I am new.

Just some further info.

With the default drivers, in addition to the directional, OK and volume keys, the number keys, Clear, Enter and the power button all send. HIP does not detect an MCE device though.

With the replacement drivers, none of the keys work but HIP does detect an MCE Device.

I've also tried the revised replacement drivers from here:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-serve...t-driver-29024/

My registry doesn't contain this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr

I tried to install this update http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en but it said my system was newer than the upate, but this update contains hidir.sys and irbus.sys, neither of which is present on my system. I did think of manually copying these files to system32\drivers but I'm not sure that would do much good without the modifications to the inf files that the update's supposed to do.

The only place on my Windows partition that contains MceIR.dll is the HIP folder.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Dec 21 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

A lot of people have tried to use the MCEIr.dll with other hardware, but I am afraid it is very specific with hardware IDs hard-coded and so I cannot help you. You can use Hip in keyboard mode to remap the keys it is generating.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doveman
post Dec 21 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #4

Be nice to me, I am new.

QUOTE (btmi @ Dec 21 2009, 04:14 AM) *
A lot of people have tried to use the MCEIr.dll with other hardware, but I am afraid it is very specific with hardware IDs hard-coded and so I cannot help you. You can use Hip in keyboard mode to remap the keys it is generating.

I'm guessing it's not the VID_PID that's hardcoded, as that varies amongst manufacturers and seems to be handled by the .inf, but another ID string. Do you happen to know what the value of that string is for compatible devices and any way of checking the ID string a certain device has, as then I would think I'd be able to hexedit the .dll and change the hardcoded string to match my devices?

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jan 1 2010, 12:19 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Here is the source for MceIR.dll if that is any help.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  MceIRNew.zip ( 42.89K ) Number of downloads: 5

--------------------

+Quote Post
doveman
post Jan 1 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #6

Be nice to me, I am new.

Cheers. I'm not sure I know enough about this stuff to be able to do anything with it, but I'll take a look.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 09:07 PM