IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using HIP to carry out IR "Macros" and IR blasting?
DHS
post Dec 9 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,839
Card: Avermedia DVB-t

Hi all
I'm using an MCE v2 receiver with blasters (but a HomeTheater Master RNC 500 remote) to control my HTPC.
The proj is [about to be] controlled via serial-I have built a couple of basic "startup" batch files which use ccsend to turn the proj on when the HTPC starts, pause 12 seconds then ccsend-select the appropriate input.

What I'd also like to do is blast a "power on" IR output to my receiver, wait 5 sec or so for it to start then blast a "select input" IR output to it.
I know IR blasting IS available - I just can't find it! (I've already taught the IR codes in "IR output" under HIP preferences).

Any help on that would be much appreciated.

Once that hurdle is past, BTMI stated in a post from Oct 2006 that

"Hip can send multiple IR commands with a [20 second] delay, and you can initiate this with any key, or even an event (like your computer turning on)."

The event side of things makes sense: I've dug thru the scheduler with great success smile.gif -but I can't work out how to send multiples of any command?
Thanks again for your patience with the noob smile.gif
Cheers
-D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Dec 9 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Firstly to send IR Commands, in the window where commands are defined, click on the little keyboard icon on the right-hand side. This will open up the Keyboard Editor window and here click on the Send IR button to select an IR Command previously entered. This is also the same window where you can enter wait states as well.

These commands can be stringed together and soudl look something like this:
{?15.001}{*500}{?13.001}

--------------------

+Quote Post
DHS
post Dec 9 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,839
Card: Avermedia DVB-t

QUOTE (btmi @ Dec 9 2009, 04:18 PM) *
Firstly to send IR Commands, in the window where commands are defined, click on the little keyboard icon on the right-hand side. This will open up the Keyboard Editor window and here click on the Send IR button to select an IR Command previously entered. This is also the same window where you can enter wait states as well.

These commands can be stringed together and soudl look something like this:
{?15.001}{*500}{?13.001}

Thanks once again, Peter: will hopefully have the chance to work on this this eve <smile>
Cheers
-D

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 09:12 PM