IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie Query-Getting HipMouse to work?, Any way to "toggle" HipMouse and arrow keys?
DHS
post Dec 6 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,839
Card: Avermedia DVB-t

Hi all
I'm a newbie to HIP, but have to say that I've got more functionality out of it after 3 day's playing than I ever did with Girder!
Great Program- _very_ appreciated smile.gif

The functionality I'm looking for in HipMouse is to be able to "toggle" mouse control on and off -and when on, use my remote's direction/enter/other keys for (mouse) direction/left-click/right-click.

The only way I've found to date to enable HipMouse is to go into Preferences-SystemWideKeys-AddValue and map a remote key to a HipMouse value (eg "Left" to the dialogue below)

Description: HipMouseL
Primary Command: POST(1226,1,0,HIPMouseDlg,HIP Mouse 1.1)

-This enables my remote's "left" key to move the mouse 1 increment every time I press it.

Good so far as it goes, but I can't:
1/ Find a way to toggle "mouse-on vs arrow keys" for the remote (short of rewriting those keys to direction keys inside of a program profile-which means the mouse won't work when the program is up!)
2/ I'd like to hold down the key on the remote and have the mouse move continuously in that direction. Not working under my kludge above.
3/ (Not so critical, but..) if I can get 1 and 2 working, I'd really like to enable a key that "holds the mouse left-click down" until released - for dragging and dropping music files in FooBar. Not so important <grin!> I can get around that with keyboard mapping, but the ability to rearrange playlists via remote would be very cool indeed :-))

Many thanks for any input: I'm certain its something quite straightforward that I'm doing wrong...but its had me tearing my hair out for 2 days now!
Thanks
-Darl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 09:04 PM