IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disableing the Default HID Keyboard Functions, EventGhost and a Dell Enhanced Keyboard Model SK-8135
Format_C
post Nov 13 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,744
Card: None

I know this forum is mostly for HIP but I cannot get it to work with Windows 7 (64Bit) so please help me Thanks
I just picked up a Dell Multimedia Enhanced keyboard off the 'Bay' for a cheap price and it works fine with Windows 7 but is there anyway to program what the enhanced Multimedia keys do?
I found a program called Event Ghost and it seems to do what I want it to but how do I disable the built in windows Functions of the keyboard? I mean I press the Calculator button I get the program I specified in event ghost + the Default windows calculator and another example I changed the volume to only do Winamp and both the Winamp and the System Volume change Is there a way thorugh Event Ghost or Windows 7 (I am using Windows 7 Ultimate) to disable the default HID Functions?
I know the keyboard is from the XP days and MS released Power Toys (For XP only) that allowed you to change what the enhanced keys did is there anything like that for Windows 7?
The keyboard is model SK-8135 and it seems alot of people like this keyboard as I do and I want to get Winamp to recognize the enhanced keys (Play/Pause/Next, Prev Track Stop Etc) It works fine with Windows Media Player but I lke to use Winamp for my Primary Music Player
Thanks and sorry if this Post is out of place
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Nov 13 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

If you want to permanently remap keys you could try KeyTweak...http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Many HID input devices cannot be selectively disabled because they are hard-coded as keyboard input devices.

This post has been edited by btmi: Nov 13 2009, 10:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
nate
post Nov 13 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #3

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

The way global hooks work (which is how eventghost detects keystrokes) the most recently started program sees keystrokes first, so if you've just started eventghost then it should see and intercept the calculator key press before explorer sees it and launches the calculator program.

I just tested EventGhost with my keyboard which has a Calculator button. I assigned the calculator button to starting winamp and it stopped the calculator loading.

Steps I did were:
- Add the Keyboard plugin to the Autostart folder
- Pressed the calculator button on the keyboard. The log showed Keyboard.LaunchApp2
- Dragged Keyboard.LaunchApp2 from the onto the Start Winamp folder

After doing that pressing the calculator button loaded winamp and not the calculator.

Otherwise, did you install any other software with the keyboard? I have seen some keyboard specific software that can make life difficult.

nate

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 09:08 PM