> What have I done wrongly?
leoncheong
post Oct 17 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,635
Card: None

I bought a HP MCE remote from ebay, see here, and it install the default drive nicely.

I then installed the MCE replacement driver from and-81,here, and it showed nicely as “MCE Infrared Remote Control” under “Universal Serial Bus controllers”

I re-boot the PC and started HIP. With the setup wizard, I did the below.
  • Selected MCE Interface as the Input device
  • Selected “MCE-Remote.hkm” as the remote key map
  • Selected MCE Interface as the Output device
  • When it came to Master Control, I clicked “Learn Master Control Key” and the “Get User Inputs” dialog popped up. I supposed I need to press a key on my remote, aiming at the receiver. Nothing happed. I cancelled it and went on to complete the setup and saved the config file.

I went to the main screen and selected “Add value”. The same “Get User Inputs” dialog popped up and again there was no response when I pressed any key on my remote. The receiver clearly received the signal as the red led in it did turn on.

I have also tried another replacement driver from MCE Replacement Driver FAQ. While I need to tweek the inf file to have it installed, still I cannot get HIP to response to buttons from the remote.

The and-81 drivers is dated Feb 25 2007, version 0.19.0.0 and the mceir.sys shows file version 6.0.6000.16386 build by WinDDK. I have uploaded my config file.

BTW, and-81 said the replacement drive was obsoleted. I tried using the default drives and delete the registry keys "CodeSetNum0" to "CodeSetNum3" as instructed in his post. Still no luck.

Additional info: When I first plugged in the remote received, it prompt for kbd106.dll, which my search showed it was a Japaneses keyboard dll. I am not sure how this will affect the setup.

I am using XP Pro, SP3.

EDIT
Managed to get this work particially using the registry hack. HIP still does not response to my remove under "Add value"-> “Get User Inputs” but it responded when I used "Add IR" under "Edit IR commands"... It however unable to send the command when I Test IR....
Attached File(s)
Attached File  MyHPMCE.zip ( 518bytes ) Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leoncheong
post Oct 26 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #2

Be nice to me, I am new.

For anyone that wants to use HIP wit HP MCE, you can try this DLL. It works for me but it does not the blaster capability.

+Quote Post
ga_mueller
post Oct 31 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 12,694

I'm using it with GBPVR and net2hipsend and it works. Of course, not all of the buttons are mapped. The blaster works, also.

+Quote Post
leoncheong
post Nov 1 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #4

Be nice to me, I am new.

Thanks. I can't even get it to work in HIP. I suppose there is no change of getting net2Hhipsend to work if I can't even get it to work within HIP.

Are my steps details above correct?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 03:33 PM