> Testing IR signal is fine, but won't work in practice
TigerNightmare
post Aug 6 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,419
Card: None

Hi, I'm trying to get my Media Center remote to turn my TV on and off. While I can capture the signal from my TV remote, and my IR blaster will successfully send the signal when I click on Test IR, when I go to run, the button I've assigned doesn't respond. The red light on my IR receiver goes on when I push the button and other commands I've assigned (like the play button) work fine. I don't understand what could be going wrong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Aug 6 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Sounds like you have done everything correctly. Have you tried assigning this command to a different button, or assigning a different command to the power button (this won't fix the problem but it may help to narrow down the issue).

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerNightmare
post Aug 7 2009, 02:10 AM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

I'm actually using the button marked TV to turn the TV on and off. I don't have it mapped on any other programs and I'm using it under enhanced master control commands. I tried mapping my TV remote's source button, which makes it switch between inputs. Same thing, works when I test but not when I push the button. HIP does work on typical stuff, like use of the play button and I've mapped the power button to put her in standby. I thought that maybe that the TV detecting the MC remote signal would be ignoring the IR blaster signal, which is possible because I've tried turning on a DVD player and my TV with their respective remotes simultaneously and nothing happens unless I do one then the other. There's a red light on the TV when it detects an IR signal, so I put the MC remote point blank to the USB receiver and while the TV didn't see it, still no action.

I'm wondering if my only hope is Logitech's crazy nerdspensive programmable remote.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Aug 7 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

There are a few more things to try.

Firstly increase the IR Repeat count (this is a setting on the IR Output page). Sometimes you need to send the same code several times for it to be registered.

The other thing to try is to see if your remote is sending out toggle codes. This means that the it sends out a different code each time you press the same button. This is tricky but you can learn a button twice and place the different commands as "Primary" and "Secondary" commands for the same buttons and if you press the more than once it will work at least 1 out of every 2 presses.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerNightmare
post Aug 9 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #5

Be nice to me, I am new.

I set repeat count to 20 and that didn't help. Also, whenever I mapped the same power button with my TV remote, they would come back as different codes. They appear as {?23.002}, {?199.002} and {?197.002} and new ones might be generated if I keep mapping. They all test fine, but they just don't work.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Aug 9 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Every time you map an IR Code, the same key press should create the same identifier (eg {?23.002}) . The fact that the power key does not is the source of your problem. IF you have keys that do work, try replacing whatever command you have already assigned with the Power On/Off IR to see if that works.

If the key presses do not send consistent IR, then you do not have a hope of trying to get Hip to respond. It is also conceivable that the Power Off is sending a group of IR Commands to turn on or off a set of different components (Hip can only respond to a single command).

Not quite sure what to suggest here as it seems to be a hardware issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 09:13 PM