IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Splitter amps. A suggestion., For Renura.
gshcarter
post May 7 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 316
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

With so many people buying their second and third tuner device and soon the emergence of dual tuner cards etc, maybe you should consider selling amplified splitters? Perhaps you can bundle them with multiple tuner purchases at a reduced overall price? Yet another incentive in DigitalNow's arsenal, hmm? smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paul_ahb
post May 7 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Member No.: 1,030
Card: None

QUOTE (chaumurky @ May 7 2005, 02:27 PM)
With so many people buying their second and third tuner device and soon the emergence of dual tuner cards etc, maybe you should consider selling amplified splitters? Perhaps you can bundle them with multiple tuner purchases at a reduced overall price? Yet another incentive in DigitalNow's arsenal, hmm?  smile.gif  smile.gif

I would be interested to know if they would actually help the signal for digital. I have never understood the finder points of arial signal loss, all I know is that it is different from electrical current.

Paul

+Quote Post
daniel
post May 8 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

QUOTE (paul_ahb @ May 7 2005, 09:50 PM)
I would be interested to know if they would actually help the signal for digital.

i don't know if it can improve the signal you get from the aerial but it definately stops the signal degrading when splitting it for multiple tuners. i had poor reception and lots of errors in recordings until i switched to a splitter amp.

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post May 8 2005, 10:03 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 316
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Every time you split the signal the strength is cut in half. Basically an amplifies splitter just keeps the signal at it's original strength. I'm not talking about boosting - just for multiple tuner users.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gaspo100
post May 10 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #5

Participant

Member No.: 360

QUOTE (daniel @ May 7 2005, 10:15 PM)
i had poor reception and lots of errors in recordings until i switched to a splitter amp.

What amplified splitter are you using? I've seen a few different splitters and I'm not sure which one to get.

+Quote Post
daniel
post May 10 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180

QUOTE (gaspo100 @ May 10 2005, 09:29 AM)
What amplified splitter are you using? I've seen a few different splitters and I'm not sure which one to get.

the box says its a GME Kingray SA122 Tv signal booster. i got it from dick smith.

+Quote Post
Guest_JoeyBloggs_*
post May 10 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #7

Guests

The SA124R is also good. http://www.gme.net.au/matv/splitter_amps.php from http://www.electrocraft.com.au or I imagine they have a local distributor...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2018 - 08:21 PM