renura
post Aug 30 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #1

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

OK Guys,

Maybe this will stop all the e-mails enquiring about DNTV Live! Pro and so forth

The DNTV Live! Pro card will be released in September and has the following features.

• Supports all DVB-t and analogue TV/Radio (HDTV, SDTV, PAL, NTSC, SECAM, etc);
• Supports FM Radio;
• Has BDA drivers – it works with DNTV Live!, MCE 2005, WebScheduler, DigitalWatch, ShowShifter, MyTheatre, DVBViewer BDA, Presto!PVR, PowerCinema 4 and all other major BDA applications we have tried;
• It has analogue video (composite and S-video) inputs; and
• It will be bundled with DNTV Live! AND PowerCinema 4

The price? It will be extremely competitive.
Support, as usual from Digital Now

More details will be posted soon here
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/

If you got relevant questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

Cheers

Renura

PS it will also include a (what some have called) cool remote
And it looks like This

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ajhubble
post Aug 30 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,689
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

QUOTE (renura @ Aug 30 2005, 02:24 PM)

Yes, looking very cool. I was thinking of a 3rd tuner for my HTPC and this might fit the bill, especially with the remote. One question: will this remote be able to turn on the PC? I've heard that the Compro Digital TV remote does.

+Quote Post
renura
post Aug 30 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Enthusiast

QUOTE (ajhubble @ Aug 30 2005, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (renura @ Aug 30 2005, 02:24 PM)

Yes, looking very cool. I was thinking of a 3rd tuner for my HTPC and this might fit the bill, especially with the remote. One question: will this remote be able to turn on the PC? I've heard that the Compro Digital TV remote does.

Well, its not the remote that can't do it. You need some device that is always on and accepts the signal to turn on the PC in the first place. smile.gif

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post Aug 31 2005, 10:14 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 316
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

QUOTE (renura @ Aug 30 2005, 01:24 PM)
OK Guys,

Maybe this will stop all the e-mails enquiring about DNTV Live! Pro and so forth

The DNTV Live! Pro card will be released in September and has the following features.

• Supports all DVB-t and analogue TV/Radio (HDTV, SDTV, PAL, NTSC, SECAM, etc);
• Supports FM Radio;
• Has BDA drivers – it works with DNTV Live!, MCE 2005, WebScheduler, DigitalWatch, ShowShifter, MyTheatre, DVBViewer BDA, Presto!PVR, PowerCinema 4 and all other major BDA applications we have tried;
• It has analogue video (composite and S-video) inputs; and
• It will be bundled with DNTV Live! AND PowerCinema 4

The price? It will be extremely competitive.
Support, as usual from Digital Now

More details will be posted soon here
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/

If you got relevant questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

Cheers

Renura

Will the one RF socket supply all sections (analogue/DVB/FM)? My old BT878 card had seperate sockets for TV and FM - very annoying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
renura
post Aug 31 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #5

Enthusiast

Will the one RF socket supply all sections (analogue/DVB/FM)? My old BT878 card had seperate sockets for TV and FM - very annoying
It will have two sockets one for TV (both DVB-t and analogue) and one to plug in the FM antenna. (but the tuner is so sensitive that it can wor without the FM aerial) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
renura
post Sep 29 2005, 09:54 AM
Post #6

Enthusiast

Now available and ready to go smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Dan B_*
post Oct 5 2005, 05:37 PM
Post #7

Guests

Hi Renura

I am running MCE 2005 with a DigitalNow Twin DVB-T card and have been having reception problems with SBS and Channel 9. I live at the base of Mt Cootha (where all the broadcasting towers are) in Brisbane so i figured that could be the problem so I had some guys from Mr Antenna around yesterday to try and resolve this issue.

When they arrived they said that i live far enough away from Mt Cootha for that not to be an issue, which i thought was excellent news. They then replaced a splitter that was chewing up 16db and a faulty wall plate with nothing plugged into it that was using 4db. They said i had a good quality high gain antenna which didn't need replacing but they had adjusted it for me and also fitted a powered amplifier. They were very professional and told me everything they were doing as they did it but in the end they said that the closeness to Mt Cootha was the problem and gave me a bill for $420. sad.gif

All of the channels are now watchable in DNTV Live! except for Channel 9 & SBS which have video stutter occasionally but the audio is fine, i can just bear it.
MCE 2005 can now pickup Channel 9 but has the same problem as DNTV Live!
MCE 2005 can't pickup SBS.

My previous house mate had a SD PVR Strong box and HD Strong Set-top Box and they have worked fine except for the occasional dropout from an aeroplane flying overhead. When he moved out I decided to go down the HTPC so i built my own rig from recommendations on xpmediacentre.com.au and have spent around $2000 now with what i would class as fairly average results.

I noticed you have the new DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro card available now and you mention that it is very sensitive, is this card more sensitive than the Twin DVB-T?

Regards
Daniel

+Quote Post
renura
post Oct 5 2005, 05:52 PM
Post #8

Enthusiast

Hi Daniel,

The tuner in the TinyUSB device is pretty good and there is not much difference betwen it and the DNTV Live! Pro card tuner.

The only advantage (other than FM radio and analogue inputs) I can see is that the DNTV Live! Pro tuner can also tune in analogue TV channels, so that if you can receive those better, you might benefit from it.

Cheers

Renura

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 10:05 AM