IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> STB from DigitalNow, 320GB hdd, VGA/HDMI/D.Audio etc
Guest_Legacy_*
post Jan 21 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Guests

I was just wondering if there is any more information available on this STB yet? From DigitalNow it sports 2 HDTV tuners, VGA/HDMI, Digital Audio and a 320GB HDD to top it off. Sounds bloody brilliant but I'd like to get a ballpark figure on what this may cost. I'm ready to get a STB soon and this one sounds great, although it's actually beyond my needs if the price is right I'd still be interested.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 21 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #2

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

QUOTE (Legacy @ Jan 21 2007, 06:03 PM) *
I was just wondering if there is any more information available on this STB yet? From DigitalNow it sports 2 HDTV tuners, VGA/HDMI, Digital Audio and a 320GB HDD to top it off. Sounds bloody brilliant but I'd like to get a ballpark figure on what this may cost. I'm ready to get a STB soon and this one sounds great, although it's actually beyond my needs if the price is right I'd still be interested.

No price has been set yet, we expect it to be available in March. As usual we hope to price it such that it would be great value. smile.gif

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
nzmike
post Feb 1 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,152
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 21 2007, 11:52 PM) *
No price has been set yet, we expect it to be available in March. As usual we hope to price it such that it would be great value. smile.gif

Sounds great - and I know if it's from Digital Now it will be a quality, powerful box.

Will this STB be able to have the drive swapped or will the drive be pre-formatted in some way that a new (read bigger) drive could be fitted? Wnat would be the maximum drive it could take - would it handle 750GB or even 1TB drives (when they appear?)

Also, will it be running the next generation of DNTV Live? And will it support web scheduler natively or will the EPG be an external thing for each customer to sort out for themselves?

Mike

+Quote Post
daniel
post Mar 15 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Any more details/specs available? Is it still due out in march? Whats the interface going to be like? ANy other news? I'm very interested to hear about this pvr, especially the networking features.

+Quote Post
renura
post Mar 15 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #5

Enthusiast

QUOTE (daniel @ Mar 15 2007, 11:59 AM) *
Any more details/specs available? Is it still due out in march? Whats the interface going to be like? ANy other news? I'm very interested to hear about this pvr, especially the networking features.
No, unfortunately not yet.

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
daniel
post Mar 20 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

bummer. it sounded good on your website. Are you developing it and do you have a say in how its made or are you just going to be distributing/selling it?

+Quote Post
renura
post Mar 20 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #7

Enthusiast

QUOTE (daniel @ Mar 20 2007, 09:16 AM) *
bummer. it sounded good on your website. Are you developing it and do you have a say in how its made or are you just going to be distributing/selling it?
It is developed for us.
Yes of course we have a say...........and that is why is not yet ready. Indeed if it does not meet our criteria it will never be sold.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djitts
post Apr 12 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #8

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,613

Well, its original ETA has come and gone. Presumably, like all the other HD PVR's (BeyonWiz, Toppy 7000, Strong etc) it is taking longer to perfect than was originally expected.

I wonder how close to perfection it will achieve with its initial release.

However a few more details and even a few pictures would certainly stimulate a lot of interest in the DBA Forum!

Cheers, David

+Quote Post
renura
post Apr 12 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #9

Enthusiast

QUOTE (djitts @ Apr 12 2007, 08:56 AM) *
Well, its original ETA has come and gone. Presumably, like all the other HD PVR's (BeyonWiz, Toppy 7000, Strong etc) it is taking longer to perfect than was originally expected.

I wonder how close to perfection it will achieve with its initial release.

However a few more details and even a few pictures would certainly stimulate a lot of interest in the DBA Forum!

Cheers, David

Yes, well perhaps it was a mistake to put It there. I will remove it until we are ready.

This post has been edited by renura: Apr 12 2007, 02:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2018 - 08:21 PM