IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DVB Webscheduler Pro 5.2.0.11 Questions.
Calvi
post Jul 22 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

Null,

I have finally got around to setting up my system to fall back to SD if not HD with the Already Exists Detection. While doing this I have noticed some things.

1. I can't seem to find the setting to turn off whether Auto-add cares about overlaps or not. Is it gone? I am testing on a tunerless dev machine and it won't add any auto adds (because they all overlap due to lack of tuners I am guessing?).

2. I have found some items in the KB interface that report incorrect duration. eg... EMPTY 12:45PM-12:49PM(49)

3. In the Keyboard interface if I open the details of an item in a HD channel and then press show in EPG it jumps back to an item of the same name in the SD channel. eg if I open 'Seven Morning News' on Seven HD and then press Show in EPG the cursor highlights 'Seven Morning News' on Seven SD instead. Its a function of the display order and always chooses the one first in the list.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jul 22 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

I can't seem to find the setting to turn off whether Auto-add cares about overlaps or not. Is it gone?

yes it is gone, it allows overlaps up to the number of devices you have selected.

I have found some items in the KB interface that report incorrect duration. eg... EMPTY 12:45PM-12:49PM(49)

Is it just EMPTY items that show the incorrect duration?

In the Keyboard interface if I open the details of an item in a HD channel and then press show in EPG it jumps back to an item of the same name in the SD channel. eg if I open 'Seven Morning News' on Seven HD and then press Show in EPG the cursor highlights 'Seven Morning News' on Seven SD instead. Its a function of the display order and always chooses the one first in the list.

this is probably a bug, it is probably using name and finding the first program with that name.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Jul 22 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Jul 22 2008, 01:47 PM) *
yes it is gone, it allows overlaps up to the number of devices you have selected.

Can I have it back? In the past often a show would be missed only because it had a 5 minute overlap with a previous recording. I would always prefer to miss the first 5 minutes than the entire recording. This is a lot less important with split mux captures and 4 tuners but it still would be nice to have the option.

Is it just EMPTY items that show the incorrect duration?

I am not sure. I thought I saw one that was not empty but can't find any (other than empty now). They are usually short and the same error does not appear in the web interface for the same items. I tried it with the default kb-interface to be sure it wasn't something I was doing.

this is probably a bug, it is probably using name and finding the first program with that name.

It looks that way.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Jul 23 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

A couple more things...

4. The Already Exists Detection is case sensitive, eg..

ADDED - Csi- Crime Scene Investigation (Fri 25 20:25 75 Nine HD) ()
ADDED - CSI- Crime Scene Investigation (Fri 25 20:25 75 Nine) ()

I would prefer the matching be more aggressive if turning the Already Exists to any channel. At least case insensitive, bit also ignore invalid characters and trim spaces, ie :, ; etc.

5. Would it be possible to have an Auto-add be able to specify the direction it parses the channel list, eg Top>Bottom default, or Bottom>Top specifiable.

This would allow the ability to prioritise SD over HD for one show and HD over SD for others etc.

6. I was thinking while mucking around with Auto-adds whether it would be good to have an Auto-Add default options template. This could look like an existing auto-add page but be pre-filled with the users preferred options. Then when a show is selected say in the KB-Interface to be auto-added it would use this template to choose capture-type, channel matching etc etc.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jul 23 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #5

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

Can I have it back?

the short answer is no.

fixed

I have found some items in the KB interface that report incorrect duration. eg... EMPTY 12:45PM-12:49PM(49)

fixed

At least case insensitive

done

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Jul 23 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Jul 23 2008, 01:16 PM) *
the short answer is no.

Is there a longer answer?

Even a fake tuner fixes the issue. ie it will then auto-add and fail to start a 5th capture mux until another becomes free.

fixed

fixed

done

Thanks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 01:14 AM