anthonyshephard
post Jul 22 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,060
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Hi,
I just thought of a new feature, which I was going to try to code up myself as a post task, but then I thought, why not suggest it :-)
Every now and again, mostly due to reception problems, I get a episode of Neighbours badly recorded. This reduces the WAF quite a bit, she was thretening to go back to VHS. Neighbours is actually on twice a day over here so I could just record it twice, but I don't want to do this as it may cause recording clashes (I only have one working tuner). So what I was going to do was scan the DVPiper log to see if the program had recorded properly, and if not, add the evening recording. But logically this could be done within WS or DV Scheduler. Perhaps something like
1. Associate another match list with the master which will match repeats. perhaps the first within seven days of the master would do it. For example, if I set up a recording of neighbours at lunch time, as the master, and then the secondary match for the evening, when it is repeated.
2. Mark the recorded schedule as successful or otherwise based upon feedback from the tuner
3. If not successful, add based on the backup match list. Perhaps look for the nearest (in time) match within 7 days of the master.
4. Repeat if fails again and other match list is defined.

What do you think?

Anthony
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anthonyshephard
post Sep 19 2008, 06:46 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,060
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

QUOTE (anthonyshephard @ Jul 22 2008, 06:14 AM) *
What do you think?

Well I guess I got the answer :-)
I coded it up in perl and it seems to work okay, checks quality, duration and start time against the schedule. I might also use this to automatically add exclusions to the match list for particular programs if I am trying to collect a series, but not yet!
If anyone is interested, I'll post, but I suspect not...

Anthony
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 05:33 AM