IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feature Suggestion, Built in fixing of audio/video sync to prevent lip sync problems
markg
post Jul 7 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,298
Card: None

G'Day Null_Pointer!

I just had an idea for a feature that I think would be worth adding to Web Scheduler Pro. I currently use VideoReDo to automatically do a Quick Stream Fix on all of my recordings after they have been completed. This fixes any lip sync issues that happen due to poor reception problems - especially important if the files are later burnt to a DVD.

What I think would be nice is if Web Scheduler Pro could automatically fix the audio/video streams to keep them in sync as the file is being recorded - this would prevent the need to have VideoRedo churn away at the disk after each recording and would also mean that we could watch recordings without lip sync problems without having to wait for them to finish and be fixed by VideoReDo. Of course, such a feature would also be very useful to those that don't have VideoReDo at all...

So what do you think? I suspect that it wouldn't be an easy addition, but I really think it would be great to have, so I would like you to at least seriously consider it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jul 7 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #2

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

I suspect that it wouldn't be an easy addition

you are correct smile.gif

This is out of scope for what WS is and does, WS is designed to reliably record the data directly from the TS to your hard drive, it does not edit the data or modify the data in any way. The reason for this is so that the data you end up with can be run through whatever tool you want to fix/remux/burn.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Jul 7 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

You can use project X as a post capture task to fix all recordings immediately if you want.

I don't bother as the only time I run into issues is when burning to DVD as you say. In those cases its easy to run through PX or Vredo.

+Quote Post
vur
post Feb 3 2013, 10:35 AM
Post #4

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14,444
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

QUOTE (markg @ Jul 7 2008, 10:09 AM) *
G'Day Null_Pointer!

I just had an idea for a feature that I think would be worth adding to Web Scheduler Pro. I currently use VideoReDo to automatically do a Quick Stream Fix on all of my recordings after they have been completed. This fixes any lip sync issues that happen due to poor reception problems - especially important if the files are later burnt to a DVD.

What I think would be nice is if Web Scheduler Pro could automatically fix the audio/video streams to keep them in sync as the file is being recorded - this would prevent the need to have VideoRedo churn away at the disk after each recording and would also mean that we could watch recordings without lip sync problems without having to wait for them to finish and be fixed by VideoReDo. Of course, such a feature would also be very useful to those that don't have VideoReDo at all...

So what do you think? I suspect that it wouldn't be an easy addition, but I really think it would be great to have, so I would like you to at least seriously consider it!

Further to the lipsync issue, since purchasing a new TV we have experienced (as have millions of others, world wide) that the video processing of the display causes it to lag the audio. It varies with the properties of the video and how the TV handles it, but is always within a certain range. Individual tolerance to it varies. Some displays have a an option to adjust for this that can be a set and forget adjustment that is good enough.

For the benefit of people with displays lacking this audio delay adjustment feature, I would like video processing software to incorporate an audio delay option that is applied AFTER they have corrected for poor reception problems. Indeed some do (including VideoReDo actually but at 3/1/2013 it cannot be used with batch processing, and DiGiTV-HD has it too.)

Our present solution has been to delay the audio by having our speakers 47 metres away from the seating position biggrin.gif

--------------------
Tuners: Leadtek DTV1000T, Leadtek DTV1000S, Nebula USB, Avermedia Twinstar A825 (dual tuner) USB.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 01:59 AM