Nigel Percy
post Mar 9 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #41

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,872
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

* [added] now link to jump to today's date and time in the EPG
* [added] add ajax style intelligent refresh system to main status page and schedule list page[/code]
* [added] channel, search type and time span to the epg search

I have tested the above, they all seem to be working fine & thanks for adding the extra search parameters, appreciated.

* [added] program name to title mouse over popup test in EPG

Smallish cosmetic issue with this. If you happen to have the add schedule popup window displayed over the EPG and the mouse strays outside this
window onto the EPG for a moment. The mouse over popup will be displayed as if you'd held the mouse over the item. Not a big issue.

Thanks for the improvements.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 9 2008, 06:32 AM
Post #42

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

Smallish cosmetic issue with this. If you happen to have the add schedule popup window displayed over the EPG and the mouse strays outside this
window onto the EPG for a moment. The mouse over popup will be displayed as if you'd held the mouse over the item. Not a big issue.

this is a browser "feature", it is just the way your browser does titles

Thanks for testing.

+Quote Post
murrayt
post Mar 9 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #43

Forum Regular

Member No.: 5,107

null_pointer

I've been running the new 5.1.0.0 with no problems noted so far, and thanks for the template to change b/g colour in the EPG header

But a pointer in the right direction if you could. Is the colour coding defined somewhere?

And also how do you handle an EPG name with an embedded blank?

The following works fine for ABC1 th.channel_ABC1 {background: #BB00B2;}

But I don't seem to be able to handle ABC HDTV or NINE HD for example

BTW I got the colour string above just by accident. It is a maroon colour that works well

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 9 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #44

Web Scheduler Developer

But a pointer in the right direction if you could. Is the colour coding defined somewhere?

if you mean the colour values then yes, it is standard RGB in Hex
i.e. your example BB00B2 is

Red:BB or 187
Green: 00
Blue: B2 or 178

Use Google to find an online colour HTML chart chart tool.

And also how do you handle an EPG name with an embedded blank?

oops I forgot about that, I will fix this so it removed the spaces from the names, which means you can use the name with no spaces for the CSS entries

i.e.
ABC HDTV
becomes
ABCHDTV

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Mar 9 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #45

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,667
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Great ! Look forward to it.

http://www.1netcentral.com/color-chart.html <<-- fantastic, enable your javascript for it. Whilst I'm not gay, the hotpink and deeppink are especially delicious.

http://websitetips.com/colorcharts/weinman/value/
http://websitetips.com/colorcharts/visibone/hex/
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp

Cheerio
(yet to test the installation options ... soon will come my chance by the looks)

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 10 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #46

Web Scheduler Developer

Latest test build is available:

http://www.bluebit.com.au/cms.php?id=4

Version 5.1.0.1

* [bugfix] remove spaces from the channel names for use in the CSS class style attribute when building the EPG page
* [added] auto refresh to the default EPG page
* [added] search link to the default EPG page
* [added] an extra page to the create auto-add from the Keyboard EPG, it gives the option to do an auto-add scan or go back the the EPG

+Quote Post
raym
post Mar 10 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #47

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,227
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Mar 10 2008, 02:44 PM) *
[added] an extra page to the create auto-add from the Keyboard EPG, it gives the option to do an auto-add scan or go back the the EPG

Fantastic! Thanks so much. This is great, as are all the other improvements.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
murrayt
post Mar 11 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #48

Forum Regular

null_pointer

The latest build delivers changed backgrounds for EPG titles

Many thanks

otherwise the new build seems to be working well for me.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 12 2008, 06:45 AM
Post #49

Web Scheduler Developer

The latest build delivers changed backgrounds for EPG titles
otherwise the new build seems to be working well for me.

When you say "otherwise" are you saying there is a problem with the backgrounds in the EPG titles, is it broken on your system?

+Quote Post
murrayt
post Mar 12 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #50

Forum Regular

null

No I'm trying to convey that the EPG header backgrounds now work....and ...the usual day to day operations I have are happily continuing with the new build.....I.E nothing seems broken

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 12 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #51

Web Scheduler Developer

I.E nothing seems broken

excellent, thanks for the feedback.

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Mar 13 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #52

Forum Regular

yes nice work and thanks null_pointer !

Still to try the java path thing during install, but I recall an error of the "not found" type when I tried it ages ago.

Would be nice if the default capture path could be defaulted to that specified in the last install in the same dialog box as the java bin path smile.gif

Just wondering how hard it would be for not only the column heading to be colour specified but also the entire column too ?

Wondering... I like to not run it as a service, on the basis I like to start XP without it running and then just turn its bits on and off when I want them. To do that I had to create a batch file to stop it and another to start it, and remove the webscheduler from the HKLM_run registry startup sequence ... neither of the batch files are much good. Wouldn't it be nice if
- the installation had an option asking "by default, start webscheduler during startup" ?
- the XP start menu had options to "start webscheduler" and "stop webscheduler" which did the right things whether it was a service or not

Anyway, the batch files are
CODE
@echo on
REM kill webscheduler tasks to stop it and hence save a bit of memory etc...
REM do it twice each to be sure using SystemInternals (now microsoft) tools
"C:\000-PStools\pskill.exe" -t "WSTray"
"C:\000-PStools\pskill.exe" -t "javaw"
"C:\000-PStools\pskill.exe" -t "javaw"
REM the drawback of this is that all current java tasks die... such is life.

CODE
@echo on
REM start webscheduler the cheats way by referencing the desktop links which I may have dragged and dropped there
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin
"C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\WSTray.exe.lnk"
"C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\Start Server.lnk"

Cheerio

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 14 2008, 05:49 AM
Post #53

Web Scheduler Developer

Would be nice if the default capture path could be defaulted to that specified in the last install in the same dialog box as the java bin path

That latest Java JRE sould be in your path under windows/system32 if it is not then let me know what version of java you are running.

Just wondering how hard it would be for not only the column heading to be colour specified but also the entire column too ?

I tried this first but it was not doable with the current system, it required a large change to the layout that at the moment there is no planning or time for.

Wondering... I like to not run it as a service, on the basis I like to start XP without it running and then just turn its bits on and off when I want them. To do that I had to create a batch file to stop it and another to start it, and remove the webscheduler from the HKLM_run registry startup sequence ... neither of the batch files are much good. Wouldn't it be nice if
- the installation had an option asking "by default, start webscheduler during startup" ?
- the XP start menu had options to "start webscheduler" and "stop webscheduler" which did the right things whether it was a service or not

It would be best to install as a service and then set the service to manual start using the Windows Service Applet Control (this is under admin tools in control panel) then just use the following to stop and start the service when you need it.

net stop DWSPS

net start DWSPS

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Mar 14 2008, 08:45 AM
Post #54

Forum Regular

Rightyo ...

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Mar 14 2008, 06:19 AM) *
That latest Java JRE sould be in your path under windows/system32 if it is not then let me know what version of java you are running.
Sun WinXP JRE 6 update 3. I guess it must remember something like the last install place ? I'm pretty sure I'm not changing anything in the updates install location as they've been progressively installed since an early v5 release. I'm afraid to uninstall and change the location in a reinstall because I don't know what else will break smile.gif

I tried this first but it was not doable with the current system, it required a large change to the layout that at the moment there is no planning or time for.
OK. Thanks for looking into it.

It would be best to install as a service and then set the service to manual start using the Windows Service Applet Control (this is under admin tools in control panel) then just use the following to stop and start the service when you need it.

net stop DWSPS
net start DWSPS

Yes, that'd do it nicely. Couple of .bat files on the desktop with those in them, and the stop could also set the service to "demand" from "auto" do make it easy without my memory. Guess I'd still need this too during the stop ?
CODE

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 14 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #55

Web Scheduler Developer

why not leave the tray running, it will give the current running status of WS so you don't forget if you started it or not.

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Mar 14 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #56

Forum Regular

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Mar 14 2008, 10:13 AM) *
why not leave the tray running, it will give the current running status of WS so you don't forget if you started it or not.

Yes I could do that if it doesn't use much memory/resource. Thanks. Any suggestion on the resource implication ?

I only have an AMD3500+ 1Gb XP box, and I run into memory/cpu intensive video activity, eg PAL DV camera denoising/conversion to DVD via AVIsynth/HC which runs between 0.3 to 15 frames per second, depending... that's why I've turned off many un-needed XP services after searching the web on what was safe and not. A 1 hour moderately noisy DV video at 5 fps average, can take 5 hours to denoise/cleanup smile.gif Takes a bit longer at 0.3 fps rolleyes.gif All the while hoping it doesn't interfere too much with Webscheduler capturing if and when the activities coincide.

Cheerio

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 14 2008, 01:01 PM
Post #57

Web Scheduler Developer

Any suggestion on the resource implication

check the windows Task Manager to see how much memory and CPU it uses.
A better tool is process explorer:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 15 2008, 08:10 AM
Post #58

Web Scheduler Developer

5.1.0.1 has been released as the main download

+Quote Post
HyperReality
post Mar 31 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #59

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 626

Another suggestion based on some problems that a couple of UK people were having with running external EIT EPG grabbers in concert with WS (yes, it's a variation of a previous suggestion):

Have the ability to choose a Post Capture Task script that is automatically run to completion prior to attempting to load the EPG data file. Use all the same PCT options like waiting until there are no captures running, wait if there are captures within the next XXX minutes (or maybe a "wait until there is a free tuner"), etc.

This would neatly allow the EPG Data reload to trigger the EIT grab, without needing to fiddle around with Windows Scheduled Tasks and scripts that wait for captures to finish, and would re-use the existing PCT architecture. Only a single combo box to add to the Data Source Settings page, plus some plumbing to run a PCT to completion prior to loading the EPG data file when the EPG data is being loaded...

Oh, off topic, but are these bugs in 5.1/5.2?

* Create a weekly schedule (or maybe even just a once-off schedule). Edit the schedule item and change the type to EPG. For me, this will cause the schedule to then vanish without a trace when the schedule list is viewed next, rather than being converted into an Auto-Add item as I would have expected.

* Also creating or editing a once-off schedule item to be the same time as another existing once-off schedule item causes a nasty little "Already In List" java backtrace to be displayed, rather than simply accepting two recordings on the same channel starting at the same time (which the new recording architecture should support shouldn't it?) I know it isn't a common occurance, but I tripped across this when adjusting a couple of programs because the schedule had changed.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 31 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #60

Web Scheduler Developer

This would neatly allow the EPG Data reload to trigger the EIT grab, without needing to fiddle around with Windows Scheduled Tasks and scripts that wait for captures to finish, and would re-use the existing PCT architecture. Only a single combo box to add to the Data Source Settings page, plus some plumbing to run a PCT to completion prior to loading the EPG data file when the EPG data is being loaded...

yes this is doable.
I will add a pre load Task to the schedule data load settings that can use any of the available tasks with all setting available. This will allow pre tasks to wait for all capture to finish etc and then to the pre task and reload etc.
Create a weekly schedule (or maybe even just a once-off schedule). Edit the schedule item and change the type to EPG. For me, this will cause the schedule to then vanish without a trace when the schedule list is viewed next, rather than being converted into an Auto-Add item as I would have expected.

Are you using the KB interface? I can not reproduce this with the standard interface.

Also creating or editing a once-off schedule item to be the same time as another existing once-off schedule item causes a nasty little "Already In List" java backtrace to be displayed, rather than simply accepting two recordings on the same channel starting at the same time (which the new recording architecture should support shouldn't it?) I know it isn't a common occurance, but I tripped across this when adjusting a couple of programs because the schedule had changed.

This is just the duplicate schedule check kicking in. Yes the concurrent capture system can handle this but to stop people adding duplicates form the EPG Auto-Add and manual add systems the check was added.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 02:09 AM