murrayt
post May 5 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #141

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 5,107
Card: None

I've noted the same problems as above.

Also the install clobbers the epgchannels file.

I wonder if a way around this is to allow WS to search for a file such as "CustomepgChannels" at startup and if it exists use it rather than "epgChannels". Perhaps other more elegant ways but I think it would deliver, without any complex or weighty overhead. The base epgchannels file will always be installed from which a custom one can be cloned
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post May 7 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #142

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9

New version:

http://www.bluebit.com.au/cms.php?id=4

Also the install clobbers the epgchannels file.

I have not found a good way around this yet, still looking.

+Quote Post
murrayt
post May 31 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #143

Forum Regular

null_pointer

It is a very small thing in the scheme of things but would it be possible to show somewhere at the top of the EPG page, the number of available tuners for the system. It's useful when ading EPG entries to check how many tuners one might commit

(probably only because I acces a number of setups with varying numbers of tuners - so it's an aide memoir so to speak)

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Jun 1 2008, 08:20 AM
Post #144

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

A few thoughts for (small) new features etc.

1. When using file manager to delete a file etc it would be nice to be returned to the file list rather than the folder selection.
2. If only one capture path is defined then the folder list could be skipped, i.e. go straight to the file list.
3. On the main page it would be nice if the channel names were fit to width (like the schedule times are) as they tend to be short but on my system don't quite fit into the allowed space.
4. Not all pages that are navigated to from the System Page have consistent return buttons, ie some go back home, some to system index and some are labeled settings.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jun 1 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #145

Web Scheduler Developer

It is a very small thing in the scheme of things but would it be possible to show somewhere at the top of the EPG page, the number of available tuners for the system. It's useful when ading EPG entries to check how many tuners one might commit

This also might be useful for people with lots of same mux channels, it would be good to see how many actual devices are in use/free as multiple schedules might be using the same device.

The problem is that I think people will complain if more real estate on the EPG page is used for data like this.

When using file manager to delete a file etc it would be nice to be returned to the file list rather than the folder selection.

I think I looked at this but could not work out a good way of doing it, will look again.

If only one capture path is defined then the folder list could be skipped, i.e. go straight to the file list.

You can select the path you want from the main status page now.

On the main page it would be nice if the channel names were fit to width (like the schedule times are) as they tend to be short but on my system don't quite fit into the allowed space.

The schedule times are actually width limited as well it is just that they are always the same width so they don't get cut off.

Not all pages that are navigated to from the System Page have consistent return buttons, ie some go back home, some to system index and some are labeled settings.

a list of the pages will help, there might be reasons the return link goes where it does.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Jun 1 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #146

Forum Regular

You can select the path you want from the main status page now.

Yes, this is the one I tend to use. I guess if after editing returned back to the file list then I would never see the folder selection screen.

The schedule times are actually width limited as well it is just that they are always the same width so they don't get cut off.

I guess I am asking can the channel width be a smidge wider? its just cutting off the end of the last character for me...
eg Seven HD I am losing the HD bit.

Definable in an xsl would also be fine?

a list of the pages will help, there might be reasons the return link goes where it does.

Top to Bottom...

Devices and Channels
Select Devices : System Index
Channel Settings : System Index
Files & Paths
Capture Paths and Names : Settings
Manage Captured Files : System Index
Auto Delete List : System Index
EPG Options
Now and Next : Home
Epg Match Lists : System Index
Edit Watch List : System Index
Auto-Add List : System Index
Run Auto-Add Scan : N/A
Auto-Add Conflicts : System Index
EPG Data Source Options
ReLoad Data : N/A
Data Source Settings : System Index
Channel Mapping : System Index
EPG Data Report : System Index
Capture Tasks
Edit Tasks : System Index
Show Active Tasks : System Index
Interface Options
Select Interface Theme : System Index
Show Keyboard Interface : N/A
System
System Config : System Index
System Info : System Index
Settings and Options Backup

Only really two pages not conforming.

This post has been edited by Calvi: Jun 1 2008, 10:28 AM

+Quote Post
HyperReality
post Jun 1 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #147

Participant

Member No.: 626

QUOTE (Calvi @ Jun 1 2008, 10:26 AM) *
I guess I am asking can the channel width be a smidge wider? its just cutting off the end of the last character for me...
eg Seven HD I am losing the HD bit.

One of the first things I did after installing was to edit status.xsl to change the 50px width for the EPG column to 100px.... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Jun 1 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #148

Forum Regular

Thanks,

I should have looked wacko.gif

Problem Solved.

+Quote Post
murrayt
post Jun 1 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #149

Forum Regular

Null

This also might be useful for people with lots of same mux channels, it would be good to see how many actual devices are in use/free as multiple schedules might be using the same device.

The problem is that I think people will complain if more real estate on the EPG page is used for data like this.

I didn't have in mind a dynamic display which tracked the allocation of tuners. Just a heads up on the physical setup. Knowing the number of physical tuners is quite easy to translate to same mux and different mux options

+Quote Post
raym
post Jun 2 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #150

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,227

A small feature request here if I may??

In the KB interface, when I do a "View Schedule Info" on an auto-added item in "waiting", it would be nice to be able to "Add time" to this schedule. Currently the only options available are: Back, Delete Item, Show In EPG and View Item Log.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jun 3 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #151

Web Scheduler Developer

In the KB interface, when I do a "View Schedule Info" on an auto-added item in "waiting", it would be nice to be able to "Add time" to this schedule. Currently the only options available are: Back, Delete Item, Show In EPG and View Item Log.

You can not edit the time on any Auto-Added item KB or main interface, the reason is as follows.

You add 10 min to the duration of the auto-added item that is schedules to run the next morning
Over night the auto add system runs again and removed the edited one and re-adds the new one effectivly removing your edit
You extra time edit has now been lost

+Quote Post
vadimz
post Jun 3 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #152

Participant

Member No.: 238
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Jun 3 2008, 09:50 AM) *
Over night the auto add system runs again and removed the edited one and re-adds the new one effectivly removing your edit

Couldn't you make WS only auto-add if that time slot is free? So if you did edit your auto-add item it's still there after auto-add run.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jun 3 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #153

Web Scheduler Developer

It does this already, to the limit of the available tuner devices but takes into account same mux channels.

+Quote Post
HyperReality
post Jun 4 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #154

Participant

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Jun 3 2008, 09:50 AM) *
You add 10 min to the duration of the auto-added item that is schedules to run the next morning

Why not make a particular instance of an auto-add schedule turn into a standard once-off schedule item if it is edited? Then don't re-add the auto-add if it overlaps a standard schedule item?

That would be nice for the case where you want to change the post-capture task of a particular auto-add schedule item.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Jun 4 2008, 08:09 AM
Post #155

Forum Regular

This sounds good in principle.

The problem arises if you allow overlaps (like me) how are you sure that the new auto-add is the same as the now manual schedule item and not a different recording.

I guess you could exclude the auto-add schedule if it is completely enveloped by the existing now manual schedule (and it would be if you have added time).

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jun 4 2008, 08:38 AM
Post #156

Web Scheduler Developer

Why not make a particular instance of an auto-add schedule turn into a standard once-off schedule item if it is edited? Then don't re-add the auto-add if it overlaps a standard schedule item?

How do you do this, how do you know a schedule was turned form an auto-add to a standard once off and not use a manually added once off?

+Quote Post
HyperReality
post Jun 5 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #157

Participant

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Jun 4 2008, 08:38 AM) *
How do you do this, how do you know a schedule was turned form an auto-add to a standard once off and not use a manually added once off?

I may be misunderstanding the question, but why not keep a reference to the auto-add item from which the once off schedule was created (as a result of the edit)?

Then when processing the auto-adds, if there is a once-off schedule item which fully encompasses the time period that the auto-add generated schedule would cover, and that once-off item is flagged as originally being generated by the matching auto-add, then don't auto-add anything.

You could use the back-reference to also allow optional deletion of edited auto-add items when the parent auto-add is deleted.

Then again, I'm probably misunderstanding the issue. unsure.gif

Talking of auto-adds, I think it would be quite helpful to have a shortcut way on the EPG pages to re-run the auto-add logic, rather than having to go back to the main page and then dig into the system pages to re-run the auto-add scan.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 01:15 AM